Gil<3Cath #28: Love Is Sharing Water, Glasses and Everything

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Sep 27, 2007.

?

Pick your favorite titles for the next Gil<3Cath thread!

1. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--He Shares His Apartment with Her

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Share Apartments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Seek and Ye Shall Find

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Can't Stand Being Apart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--It's Always There

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Simmering, Brewing and Loving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Can't Help Themselves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Sexing Up the City of Sin

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  9. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: Gil<3Cath #28: Love Is Sharing Water, Glasses and Everyt

Those two just have so much natural chemistry, and it shows on screen how good of friends they are offscreen. It is obvious that tptb are frustrated by this, since they had to keep them apart last season.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ And since they had to actually tell them to "cool it". :D Personally I don't see the point in doing that, you know. Since they have such great chemistry, they should have just let it flow instead of telling them to back off from each other. ;)

3. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Since you mention that, Erica, who told them to "cool it" again, and why exactly? :lol: I realize that someone said it because of the heat radiating from their mere chemistry, but I'm not sure I remember under which context it was said. :)

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I think it was coolc who first mentioned it here. I believe she also posted a link to an article or a quote from it. At least I have seen the stuff. lol. But we'll need to ask her about it if we want to know for sure now. :D

5. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

See, that's the thing I don't get about tptb (or as we call them on the Horatio/Yelina-thread 'the gwits that be'). Why not go with natural chemistry?

6. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Exactly. *shakes head*

I'd also be interested in seeing that article, Erica! I think it's funny that they actually told them that... Stupid, though, too.

*going through purejoy withdrawal, and skips off to watch some good eps*

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW are you serious??? The writer and such had to tell Billy and Marg to 'cool it down'
    Just goes to show you what great actors can bring to the screen and have us believe about their relationship.

WOW, I'm still reeling over that one :eek:

Here's another 'I'll take' quote

Gil: I'll take Catherine naturally
    Cath: I'll take GIL!

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Ah. An oasis. All my other threads are being bombarded with the Save Jorja campaign ads, so it's nice to come in here and see it safe and quiet :D

Yay! More I"ll Take! (BTW purejoy love, totally love your hot banner)

Gil: I'll take Cath underwater
    Cath: I'll take Gil in a hammock on a tropical island.

9. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

God, I'll take More of Grillows too. :rolleyes: How stupid of someone to tell them to cool it, when their chemistry is so amazing. :( *Pokes TPTB*

Drum: Yep there are SO many Save Jorja Campaign advertisements. I love Sara, but it's a little too much.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

The funny thing is, I don't think it's something you can really "cool" and I think that's why TPTB hardly had Marg and Billy in the same scene.

It always makes me think of something that House said to Cuddy in House MD "YOU CAN'T STOP OUR LOVE!"

Now THAT's Purejoy ;)

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

No one can stop our (and their) love. Hehe. I don't think that two actors who are close friends off-screen necessarily have the same great interaction on-screen. It depends on a lot of things. But I do think that when they do have lots of incredible chemistry on-screen, their close relationship in real life probably helps a lot. Cath/Gil or Marg/Billy is the perfect example. I love how Billy said that he had always adored Marg and that he had always wanted to work with her. I also love how Marg said how they clicked with each other right away and became good friends. I think the fact that they get along really well and obviously adore each other contributed a lot to the great dynamic they have on-screen. Not to mention, as Billy said, that she gets his jokes. :lol:

12. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

I always love talking about Billy and Marg. They really are the true essence of our ship. It's mostly because of the friendship they have, and because TPTB have been so stingy with us, they're all we've got. Most of the things we go off on are probably their own takes on the GC dynamic and we definitely love that. I think it's awesome that they're comfortable enough to kiss on ET and fool around on the set (I saw some dailies screencaps and they made me squee when I saw them kind of just chilling together and being all....shippy.) and that does come through as Erica mentioned. God I love them.

13. rebec

rebec Police Officer

^^ Gravy! Where did you see those dallies screencaps? I so wanna look at them!

Do you have a link to the article or something? I've only read the one in which billy said he and marg found chemistry right off the bat, but I'm not sure I've read this quote from marg before.

How can anyone not love the chemistry between those two? If what we've seen onscreen is the already cooled-off version, imagine what the uncooled version will be like :D TPTB should face it, even with loads of help from the writers, the cooling off still ain't working. :lol:

14. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

So was there any G/C in the prem? I still haven't seen it :( I know what happens though, just wanna know if there's any "moments" so to speak.

And yeeeeah Gravy where are these dailes you speak of?! I may have to roll around WPAP to have a gander ;)

15. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Thanks, Drumchik! CSI_Kat made my lovely banner and icon. House and Cuddy is also a great ship. Anywho...

Ooh, I wanna see hot dailies of GC too! Hotness hotness hotness! Pretty please?

Unfortunately, I didn't think there were really any GC moments in the premiere... There weren't any that really jumped out at me, and I was kind of distracted thinking about Sara's fate.