What Are You Reading? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I'm reading Stephen Kings The Cell. Well, I say I'm reading it, but I've not made much headway with it. :lol: I started reading it about a month ago and I think I'm on the 60th page. I just can't find any time to read it. :eek:

Now I'm reading an English translation of "The Anead" we're studying book 4 in Latin, but we have to read the rest in English :). It's quite good, and I'm reading it quite quickly.

right now i am reading Peaches by an author whose name i forget at the moment :p. but i want to find out if the public library have books in french cause i want to read the whole Harry Potter series ( J.K Rowling) in french :lol:

Currently I'm reading King Dork by Frank Portman. And next in line is Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhoond Pal by Christopher Moore.

^ I was like that last year, because two years ago I used to read on the bus, but now I have a friend to talk to on the bus. I've now made a resolution to read more, I now read while eating breakfast and before I go to sleep. :D

I'm reading Red April ("Abril Rojo") by Santiago Roncagliolo.It's a thriller about a murder in a small Andean city in Peru.It's really good so far.

I'm currently reading John Knowles's A Separate Peace. It's set at a boys' boarding school in New Hampshire during the early years of World War II.

I trying to read Mercy by Jodi Picoult but i don't really have time to get into it right now. I like her other books so i'm trying to stick with this one.

Since my last posting here I've read a few things.

I've read Executive Power and Term Limits both by Vince Flynn. I thought that Executive power and the rest in the Mitch Rapp series are starting to get a little repetitive however every book does have a character changing moment which is why I'm not giving up on his books. Even still this was probably the least interesting of his novels to date.

Term Limits by Vince Flynn> I really appreciated this book because you got to see how the characters were when the focus wasn't on Rapp. I thought how the guilty parties were ended up to be interesting and unexpected given how they act in later books. I'm hoping for a sequal to this book in the Rap series.

Break no Bones by Kathy Reichs' I thought this Kath Reichs' novel was on par with her other books, however I found it interesting how she does still does have some feeling for Pete. I liked her friend who ended up dying at the end of the book, that shows that bad things happen to good people which isn't really used enough in novels.

Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs: This book was creepy however it was much better than previous books by her as there was more character struggle and you finally get to have insight into her childhood. Unlike her previous books her sister's involvement actually turns out differently than it had previously, which I thought was unexpected and refreshing.

For English Class I just finished reading O Pioneers. This book started off slow however it definitely got better as you got into the book. I appreciated this book and the study about what happiness and success really means in the long run. Overall a great book once you get into it.

I am reading "The Crucible" for like the third time in my life. I actually understand it more now that I've read it more. And my teacher said that it was an allegory to the McCarthy trials during the 1950's.

I'm currently reading Bruce Campbell's Autobiography "If Chins Could Kill Confessions of a B Movie Actor". I Almost gave up reading it though because the first few chapters were surprisingly boring.

Calihan said:
I finished the Greg Iles novel Blood Memory earlier tonight. I thought the novel was one of the best I've read in a long time. The book was about a woman who's repressed memories of sexual abuse and her father's murder come back to her as she's hunting a serial killer. In this book the author did a great job detailing the sexual abuse and aftereffects which other writers would skip over in order to avoid offending the reader. The psychology in the book was fanscating to learn, and was accurate according to my aunt who's a psychitrist and mother who's a therapist.

I remember reading about that book on here and just finished it! I loved it and thuoght it was fabulous. It was so real. I love how Greg Iles writes.

Right now I'm reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.

It's told through the eyes of death in WW2 and is about a girl who steals books. I'm not going to give to much away but it's really good! The descriptions are amazing. I would definitely recommend it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back