Eric and Calleigh #24 -- I Trust You With My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know things always move pretty slowly on any CSI show when it comes to relationships, but I was wondering... when do you think Eric and Calleigh will actually get together? (I'm still new to this 'ship, so I thought I'd consult the experts.) Of course, I am hoping it will be this season. :)

I think Jake will be out of the picture soon.

Judging from spoilers. If the relationship is causing problems for Calleigh at work, she'll put an end to it quick. Doesn't sound like she has very deep feelings for him, either. All her emotions are revolving around Eric, they have been since he got shot. I'd say before that.

After that, though, I'm not sure now. If Stetler is making a fuss about interoffice relationships, this might be bad for E/C because I don't know that Calleigh will want to date a co-worker and making either of them change jobs in season 6 would be too much. I can see them doing that when the show ends but not now. It's hard to say. I think something will happen this season, whether they hook up or not, that's a different matter. But it's obvious that the writers are really taking E/C to an extreme (like Adam wanted) which is good for us. Their storyline will probably take all season.

As hard as it will be to watch the longer they drag it out, as long as it is exciting and angsty the better. It is pretty obvious that the writers are serious about E/C and making work for a long term situation, not just some fling or few episode thing. So Midnight is right, this could be good for us in the long run.

as masochistic as it sounds, I kinda wanna see the fight scene, because I know they'll have to make things right in the end. Of course, as long as long as they don't decide to stay friends, but I doubt that's gonna happen at this point. It's funny, cause the storyline is playing a lot like Alethelia's stories, which is awesome because her E/C WIP is absolutely fantastic. But judging from the spoilers, it's playing out a LOT like it. So that makes me slightly optimistic.

CSI_Ali said:
I think it's just annoying me because I feel like TPTB are going to make it seem like Jake is the big obstacle in the way of E/C. He's not. I still maintain that this isn't a love triangle and that the only triangle here is Eric/Cal/Cal's feelings.
It is between Eric/Cal/Cal's emotions. She's just trying to project what she's feeling for Eric onto someone else, namely Jake. I think it all boils down to fear. She's scared of her feelings for Eric because they're real and deeper than her comfort level allows. So she goes with someone who'll never be able to really get past her defenses and tells herself that it's what she wants. The woman is the grand master of denial.
I'm not worried about Jake. Actually, I'm a little glad that they decided to go this route (don't shoot!). Eric needs the push so he can stop being such a pansy about the whole thing and just go for it.

As I was telling Jackie offline, however, I really want Calleigh to be the one to apologize after all of this. She knows how Eric feels about her, and she's so frustrated that she feels the same way that she's taking it out on him, and that's not fair. It's like, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

And some speculation for those who are spoiler free (all... 1 of you), I wonder if down the line the writers would use Eric's shooting to E/C's advantage. Corey said that the bullet's fragments in Eric's brain could kill him at any moment. Doesn't that sound kinda dangerous? Should he be working so strenuously? I could see it used as an excuse to keep Eric in the lab exclusively or transferring him to another department, solving the whole co-workers dating each other issue. Or better yet, Calleigh works and Eric stays home raising the kids. He wears a pink apron.

CSI_Ali said:
I think it's just annoying me because I feel like TPTB are going to make it seem like Jake is the big obstacle in the way of E/C. He's not. I still maintain that this isn't a love triangle and that the only triangle here is Eric/Cal/Cal's feelings. Now is the time for some serious character for her, I'll be terribly pissed if the Jake antics ruin that.

I'm watching Cold Case. Have Lily and Scotty ever got it on in any way, shape or form? If they have, it just begs for a photoshop job.

Many posts to catch up on and Ali you said exactly what i was thinking!! But to add a little bit, I will be totally :mad: :mad: :mad: if Calleigh doesnt snap out of it!!!
I havent watched Cold Case in a while but if Lily and Scotty have ever got it on as you put it, I'd be a very happy girl!!!! ;) :D If you ever find out that they have plllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaase PM me !!! Thanks!

ARGH!!!! Okay I'm like seriously mad that Jake is still in the picture. But then like some of you guys said maybe Cal isn't "proud" to be with him and that she's just with him because he would never get to her true feelings. Also Jerk is good cause that is a hurdle for Eric and then he has to kick down Jerk to get to Cal.

Ok, just read your spoilers and, as I don't know how to post a spoiler box, I wont comment out here :). But I will go cry after leaving 1 comment:

I agree with whoever said Caleigh is taking the easy road. Of course she is, the poor girl has been through so much hurt what do we really expect? And what is it with her and inter-office romances? :s

xxxxxxxx

Calleigh is just afraid b/c her feelings for Eric run sooo deep and given her family life growing up she has learned to keep emotions like that buried deep in order to keep herself from getting hurt.

So she is taking the easy road b/c she knows exactly what dating Jake is like and how he operates. She probably knows deep down that it won't last and b/c of that she is emotionally protected; she knows what to expect and can plan ahead. Everything with Cal is about control and being with Jake....she can be in control of her emotions.

She knows that if she were to be with Eric things would be different b/c he gets to her in ways no one can and that toally scares the hell out of her. There would be no shielding her emotions or hiding or denying b/c Eric doesn't let her do that. Her ability to control things goes out the friggin window!!

That is why these two compliment each other sooo well. They get and get to each other, often w/o the other even realizing it.

Corey said that the bullet's fragments in Eric's brain could kill him at any moment. Doesn't that sound kinda dangerous?

oh jeez, seriously? :rolleyes:

Calleigh just needs to take care of him. :D

Or better yet, Calleigh works and Eric stays home raising the kids. He wears a pink apron.

Oh I like this one. He'd watch Martha Stewart all day. :D

I'm not too worried. Tension = good. It means the writers are taking it somewhere. My biggest concern was that they would drop the storyline over the summer, but this tells me they haven't and they won't. And I'm sorry, but they're not gonna make Calleigh fail at FOUR relationships. I'm pretty sure that when she and Eric finally get together, it'll stick.

Bring it on, bitches!

Damn you Jerk I mean Jake!!!! Ugh the frustation never ends!!!! While you all have valid points on how this could run in our favor it still pisses me off!! I'm still confident that we'll get our EC though just not that soon. To be honest I was kinda expecting that they would be dating but at the same time hoping they were'nt. I don't remember who said it but I must agree that she can't be that invested in this so-called relationship with Jake if she's eager to leave him early in the morning without him knowing. It's based on physical and she's a woman so she has needs too :D! Now with Eric it would be both physical and emotional you know the complete package, and unpredictable love which she can't control!! She knows how Jake operates so he's pretty much a substitute for the real thing!!

HipHugger Pic of The Day
(from Urban Hellraisers)

normal_617.jpg

I do feel somewhat bad for Jake because she's definitely using him. I mean, I know she cares about him, but her heart is not in it. This could be interesting if they play it well, but it also has the potential of becoming a bit too fanfic-y. And I maintain that Eric seems to be the only one who can arouse such extreme emotions in her. No one else can do that. I doubt she even talks much to Jake at the end of the day. She probably puts on her fake smile and tells him everything's peachy and he buys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back