Episode #518 'Triple Threat' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

A couple of things...

First of all I am going to bitch about Jonathan's (Ryan) time in scenes. It seems he is in the show less and less and I don't like it! :mad:

Second - did I miss Cynthia? Why do I not remember her? :confused:

Third - I can't believe that one person played all three triplets. Didn't I see one of them hold the other's hand while Natalia was questioning them? It's amazing what they can do with the editing nowadays!!

and Fourth - holy crap can Calleigh's outfit get any lower for a boob/cleavage shot tonite? Is this the new questioning tecnique? My husband is going to be pist when he finds out he missed that shot!!! :eek:

This was different. I like the little reference to Nailed. I'm so pround of eric! And i just loved Ryan, though you'd like to know.

midnight_tiptoes said:
Did Horatio just call Eric 'E'? I hope I was hearing things.

Yeah i though i heard that too,

I'm guessing Eric solving the case was the twist, seeing as at the beginning he was having problems seeing straight :lol:
The only thing that was remotely worth watching was H's brief return to human form in the final scene with Noah and his father. It was good to see a genuine smile from him, but his facial features were kind of sad, and I don't know why.

i think cynthia was the one that was getting the DNA references from the witnesses. im not sure that glimpse looked a bit like her

midnight_tiptoes said:
Whatever happened to Eric messing up again? Where was Cynthia? Where was the big twist at the end? This episode was full of empty promises

I know what you mean... Where was Cynthia? :( The only thing that I saw Eric mess up on was the Double Vision. But that was it, and the only reason why was to bring us into the twins/triplets storyline. :(

Okay well most of everything I was gonna say has already been covered by you lovely people but I'll say it anyway...
1. I choked on my drink when H said "it's as cold as ice" that was almost too much...
2. My eyes never got higher than Calleighs shoulders in every scene she was in.
3. I swear I heard H call Eric "E" too and I thought that was really strange.
4. Could H get any cuter at the end?? no? I didn't think so either.

midnight_tiptoes said:
Were Natalia and Calleigh flirting? Natalia won't rest until she sleeps with the entire team.
I kind of thought so, with Calleighs outfit who wouldn't flirt with her? Then again I watch CSIM almost exclusively with slash goggles on. Its a habit I can't seem to break.

I really liked tonights episode but I'm not too happy about next week being a rerun. :( They're teasing us, I just know it.

ilh214 said:
4. Could H get any cuter at the end?? no? I didn't think so either.

I know...something about his sad smile was too irresistible.

I really liked tonights episode but I'm not too happy about next week being a rerun. :( They're teasing us, I just know it.

Let's hope they're teasing us...there had better be something good (and I mean really good...something we'll be talking about for weeks) coming up or I'm going to be quite mad.

A great episode, and I agree it sounds like DC has either a cold he sounded so congested poor guy. :(

I love the Horatio quote "As cold as Ice"! :lol: But now I've got that song in my head!

I'm starting to get real tired of Calleigh being "window dressing". Give the girl a good strong storyline for pitty sake!

I'm glad that Eric was able to solve the case because I'm tired of his character getting all the bad punches, let the man have some happiness! Out of all of them I think Beth is the only one who regrets what she did, the other two are just cold.

And a re-run now that's just plan cruel. The wait better be worth it!

RaCk2ThOuSaNd6 said:

Third - I can't believe that one person played all three triplets. Didn't I see one of them hold the other's hand while Natalia was questioning them? It's amazing what they can do with the editing nowadays!!
I was just about to post exactly what you said. I was going on here to ask if the triplets were played by one person or if they were really triplets, but then I read the first post and found the answer. Then I was going to say how its amazing what people can do nowadays, because I saw them hold hands. But you said all that already :lol:

It was an okay episode though. It was of funny when the third girl came in, me and my dad were laughing :lol:

Bleh. I thought it was an okay episode. For the first time in my life I'm probably saying this but there wasn't enough Ryan. :eek: :lol:

One thing I have to point out about Eric though through this episode is that he really needs to grow his hair back. The timeline has advanced about what, three, four weeks? I'm pretty sure he'd have a bit more hair by now. :rolleyes: It's getting tiring to see that. Not that there's anything wrong with almost no hair because it does remind us that he was shot in the head previously, but when I almost want to change the channel because of his appearance, that's sad. The five o'clock shadow does no wonders for him either.

Okay, now that that's aside...

I'd give the episode 6 cows out of 10. The plot was very well done, but the characters seemed to be lacking in substance this time around. I found it quite annoying that the team investigates the entire case, and Horatio is found at the end looking god-like because he 'saved the day'. He didn't do anything. Don't get me wrong, I love Horatio to pieces but that irritated me.

Also, what was up with no Cynthia and barely any Valera? Why bother even posting guest stars anymore? It's a surprise party every week with them. :rolleyes:

One thing about this episode I did like was when Eric was having double vision and Ryan caught it. He didn't really get huffy about the mistake, but he did point it out and let it be known that he understands what it was like for himself to go through that. -- Nice reference to 'Nailed' there. :) Continuity is always a plus!

Another thing I liked was that Calleigh was a bit more happy in this episode and her tone was softer. However I couldn't help feeling she was put up on display once again as the token hot white chick. We all know she could wear a paper bag and provide a killer performance, but the wardrobe is a bit distracting at times and even for me, it was hard paying attention to her face. :rolleyes:

The last thing I found interesting was almost nothing happened until the last 15 minutes of the episode. It was a lot of running around and interrogation talk without a lot of actual lab work. It's one of the reasons I watch CSI. To see the methods used in the lab to solve a case. I find it confusing and quite boring to sit through 45 minutes of dialogue. If you miss something, you're screwed. *sigh* Ah well, can't win 'em all.

It would have been a much better episode for me, had stupid-ass TV Guide not completely ruined it with the huge article containing the "Triplet" spoilers!! :( I would have guessed there were twins, but it would have been nice to have the Triplets thingie at the end actually be a surprise. Ah well... that said, the woman who played the triplets did a good job portraying three separate personalities.

H's "...cold as ice" in the beginning truly made me cringe, as did Calleigh's neckline. Between Catherine, Stella and Calleigh, it's the CSI Boob Brigade.

I'm not a huge fan of the back & forth bicker-fest that always seems to be going on between Ryan and Delko, but I liked the scene last night where Ryan catches Delko's error and politely but firmly calls him on it, reminding him that he's been there himself, and can empathize. Nice to see some continuity, too.

Finally, I liked Natalia last night. It has been taking a loooong time for me to completely warm up to her, but I thoroughly enjoyed her interrogation scenes with the perp/s.

I wish Horatio would go back to his protecting woman style but not in this episode though. I love how he smiled at the baby at the end. I didn't like Natalia air time though. They should have gave it to someone else. Sorry if I don't like her. I like the actress but not the character.

When H said "As cold... as... ice" I expected Vanilla Ice to jump into the scene and say "YO! H! That's MY LINE!" Calleigh seemed to be on some kind of drugs--she was TOO BOUNCY AND HAPPY this episode while working on such a grisly, serious case. Still, the cleavage shots were nice--my 2 year old son seems to have a blonde fetish because EVERY TIME Calleigh was in the shot, he was smiling and bouncing on my lap! What the.... ?!?!?

We had a Double McGuffin on our hands--Triplets faking out a husband, and a hubby with a double to protect his life. The ex-boyfriend scare-shot and the Smithers-esque/Brandt-esque assistant vivisectioning the old supervisor were beards to throw our intrepid team off the case.

I just feel bad for the dad who got played by three women! I'm seriously surprised he didnt' notice subtle differences (like the missing C-section scar) on his wife versus her sisters--it implied that he wasn't so much "a good man" like H said, but someone rather self-absorbed, a la the double.

Still, it was clear he loved his little boy and was truly shocked when he saw his wife and her sisters being marched off in cuffs.

And yes, I heard H call Erik "E" as well! WTF?!?!?!

The episode was ok.....it was nice to Eric figure it out considering his double vision in the beginning and in the end with the blood. I thought the whole blood thing was an interesting way to catch them.

Leslie Bibb did a pretty good job of playing the three woman. I like at the end when they were caught how the two sisters blamed the one for screwing up!! "We did all the work and you messed up" that was great. Of course the husbands face when they paraded them out of the station was pretty good too!! :lol: Poor guy didn't know what hit him.

Other than that I found the ep a little slow and at times kind of boring. I mean the whole little sceondary storyline, which lasted like three scenes with the assistant was soooo unnecessary. I felt like it was just thrown in to kill time and take up space.

Yeah and the whole H calling Eric "E"...whose dumb idea was that?

Now we have to wait like 3 weeks for another ep....who the hell decided how to air these eps?

Back