Grade 'The Lying Game'

I enjoyed it enough for a B+, I thought both cases had enough quirks to keep me interested, and enough fun one-liners/scenes to keep me chuckling. Best line of the night, IMO: When Mac was pulling skate boards down off the walls of the Extreme Sports place, one of the sportsy guys said, "Duuude, some of those boards are crucial (?) collector's items!" To which Mac quirks an eyebrow and deadpans back, "Yeah...and we're collecting them." :lol: Also enjoyed seeing it dawn on Danny/Mac as they were investigating the various alibis, that they each had the same sultry-voiced woman on the phone. And of course, Flack going after the baby rattle. And Flack showing his disgust at the redneck po-dunk Frank and all of his self-righteous bigotry. Go, Flack!

Did I miss something, or did they not satisfactorily tie up all the loose ends re: the congressman and the rape/murder cold case? Are they convicting him of just the rape, or does anyone think they'll bring the case back in another ep, as they battle it out to convict him on both charges? I remember reading that the team butts heads this season with political figures, and so far, I haven't seen any of that, yet...

Re: Lindsay, sheesh, thank goodness Mac already knew about her background and probably about the impending trial, and seemed to be anticipating her leaving for it, because otherwise it would have sucked Big Time for her to wait until the day before she left to let anyone, including her boss, know she was leaving... The note for Danny was lame, but I do think it was Lindsay's way of keeping it light hearted, and yeah, the cow reference could well have been an inside joke. I'm just glad we're finally done and over with, re: this "deep dark past secret" stuff, and can move on with no further references to it whatsoever (hopefully). :rolleyes:

And did anyone else nearly have a !@#$%^ Heart Attack in the beginning of the "B" case when the angry ex-boyfriend tossed his ex-girlfriend's little poochie out the window, followed by a huge bloody SPLAT?!!! I have to admit heaving a huge sigh of relief to see that the blood was only spray from the mangled corspe inside the salt truck... :lol: Didn't think the writers would actually have gone "there", but nevertheless, they certainly pulled a fast one, with that scene...

Better than last week, gave it a B+.
But the cases were normal, this is why I didn't gave it an A.

Danny and the Curse of the Golf's Ball?!
Flack and Brokeback Mountain?!
MOO???
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny!!!

OK, it's the morning after, so now I'm going to say I knew who the killer was in the A case as soon as I heard the Southern accent.
Stereotypical Red State homophobe. It kinda ticked me off that they went that way.

C. I hated the A case, thought the B case was okay (liked the alibi company idea and how the body was introduced), thought Lindsay leaving/note/Anna's acting was lame. Liked Flack's Brokeback Mountain and his interaction with Stella and that baby (she really was adorable, wasn't she?). Some of Mac's lines fell flat, and even some of Flack's. I just went back and watched all the season one and two episodes, and it seems to me the cast worked better together/had more chemistry in season one, and it has been steadily declining.

Did I miss something, or did they not satisfactorily tie up all the loose ends re: the congressman and the rape/murder cold case? Are they convicting him of just the rape, or does anyone think they'll bring the case back in another ep, as they battle it out to convict him on both charges? I remember reading that the team butts heads this season with political figures, and so far, I haven't seen any of that, yet...

No, that congressman was from Connecticut and the old rape case happened there, not in NYC. Also, the rape victim wasn't murdered--she evidently recanted her story about the (at the time) up-and-coming politico raping her. Since the congressman wasn't the one who murdered the NYC transvestite, Mac told Flack to send the DNA evidence file (proving the congressman's involvment in the rape) to the other police department because it would be their case, not NYC's.

And did anyone else nearly have a !@#$%^ Heart Attack in the beginning of the "B" case when the angry ex-boyfriend tossed his ex-girlfriend's little poochie out the window, followed by a huge bloody SPLAT?!!! I have to admit heaving a huge sigh of relief to see that the blood was only spray from the mangled corspe inside the salt truck... Didn't think the writers would actually have gone "there", but nevertheless, they certainly pulled a fast one, with that scene...

Yes! I was shocked and so upset until the camera panned up from the blood spattered guy's legs to his girlfriend holding the dog in her arms. They certainly had me hooked with that scene!

What I hated was the chopped off Flack-baby with rattle scene--that looked like it would have been such a cute scene if they'd left it alone to play out but instead they cut if off too abruptly.

Ok, I haven't been here in awhile mostly because this show is seriously boring me. Some weeks I forget that it's even coming on.... last week was just a wasted hour of my life.

Flack seriously saved this episode. Great one-liners... too bad they won't develop him into a character with real depth.

And of course the guy with the fake Southern accent had to be the ignorant homophobe killer.... let's take a tired stereotype and beat it to death a little more. Very enlightened of the writers (who I'm sure have never actually been to the South)

B- thanks to Flack.

Hehe, I was dying of laughter in all of Flack's scenes. He was fantastic in last night's ep. I was so glad he got loads of screen time and he even finished off the interrogation. Yay! I still think he should've stuck in a wise crack about all the loving Frank Garth would be getting in the slammer *shrug* However, I'm glad the writers showed what a stand up guy Flack is with the line about him "making the world a better place." :)

And yes, I agree with 1CSIMFan and Faylinn, that it would've been far more interesting had Danny not seen the letter from Lindsay. Way to ruin a good story line.

I gave it a "B". I'm beginning to get tired of there being some sort of sexual angle to at least one of the crimes in virtually every episode.
I pretty much stopped watching the Vegas version of CSI (I still catch it occasionally) because it seemed like every crime they investigated had a sexual angle. Originally, the NYC version seemed to have a much wider ranging -- and more realistic -- variety of crimes. A lot of them were committed for financial reasons, because somebody's pride was wounded or just sheer stupidity. But now they seem to be following the Vegas lead.

A+ I absolutely loved the episode. I LOVE Stella and Flack together..they work so well together. Everytime I hear they are working on a case together I know I will enjoy the episode. Flack had some fantastic one-liners.

I'm new around here, but I thought I'd throw in how much I liked this episode. Flack and Stella are a great team, and I'm still cracking up over the Brokeback Mountain comment. However, I do have a question. I haven't been watching NY for long (I've always been a big CSI: Vegas fan though) but I like Lindsay's character a lot. Is there something I've missed on why she drives so many people nuts? Thanks!

B

As someone else said above, Flack saved this ep. It kept my interest all the way through, and I'm glad the obvious suspects didn't turn out to be the killers, but it wasn't groundbreaking. I gotta echo what Fay said about Quentin/Misty--that is one good-looking woman! I loved Flack and Stella on that case. They work great together.

And Flack's Brokeback Mountain line? Priceless. :D

1CSIMfan said:
ok..that letter Lindsay left was totally lame. Who came up with that crap? Here it is:

Dear Danny,

I'm not good at long goodbyes. Or slow ones for that matter. But Montana calls and the cows are heading home.

MOO

See you soon

Montana

He was probably laughing at the cow part...kinda sad.

Oh my god--that's awful! I only caught the long/short (it was slow not short? :confused: ) goodbyes part at the end and the fact that she signed it Montana, and I was going to concede that the card was cute. But that's just dumb. High school crap through and through.

La_Guera said:
The cases tonight were solid, but Anna Belknap delivered the single worst scene in the history of the show. Danny could produce more angst while passing a kidney stone. For someone wracked with guilt over confronting the demons of her past, Lindsay was very bland. Did she take a fistful of Sominex?

She's just awful. There was no emotion in that scene at all, and it just felt like a quick dispatch. And ROTFLMAO about the Danny comment--so true! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what was the point of the scene in the cab? She never told Danny where she would be in that card, so how could she reasonably have thought that he was rushing after her to say goodbye? He's not Kreskin. If he continues to pursue her after this, he clearly has no self-respect.

I think she was hesitiating and considering saying goodbye to him/ watching him before she left. Lindsay's got a little stalker in her, I think. It seems like she's always watching Danny through windows. :lol: Yeah, if he's not done with her after this, he seriously is a doormat.

Aside from that, I loved the Flack-Stella interaction, and setting aside my beloved crack goggles, I sensed a Flack/Stella vibe. They may not consummate the pairing, but they're definitely seeding the groundwork in case they want to take that route.

I love their interactions. Romantically or as friends, they're a great duo.

vegaslights said:
I wonder if Anna realizes how bad of an actress she is.

Wait, I take that back. She doesn't.

:lol: I mentioned this in another thread...I watched Criminal Minds last night and it was Ellie's (is that her name?) last ep? I don't know if she was just bad in the last ep, but she was awful and I couldn't help but think, "Kudos to Criminal Minds for writing out an actress who isn't working." If only NY would do the same!

MBGrissom said:
Re: Lindsay, sheesh, thank goodness Mac already knew about her background and probably about the impending trial, and seemed to be anticipating her leaving for it, because otherwise it would have sucked Big Time for her to wait until the day before she left to let anyone, including her boss, know she was leaving...

They missed an opportunity here. The only character I've ever seen Lindsay have any spark with is Mac, and that scene where she says she's taking off could have been a great one. Why did she need Stella to hold her hand? She's a grown woman (well, in age if not in actions). As it was that scene felt like a kid in the principal's office asking to go home from school early. :rolleyes:

Rhonda, when I heard the BBM line I instantly thought of you. See what influence you have on me? :lol:

I think the note was cute. Duh, I'm a DL shipper, I would've loved it if it said Bye. But still, I liked it.. Don't throw things at me please.

And Flack showing his disgust at the redneck po-dunk Frank and all of his self-righteous bigotry.
I knew who the killer was in the A case as soon as I heard the Southern accent.
Stereotypical Red State homophobe. It kinda ticked me off that they went that way.
And of course the guy with the fake Southern accent had to be the ignorant homophobe killer.... let's take a tired stereotype and beat it to death a little more. Very enlightened of the writers (who I'm sure have never actually been to the South)
No kidding. I'm from North Carolina, and I don't appreciate that kind of stuff. True, the killer had to be from somewhere, but the way it was played out was just...guess what, writers, I'm from the south, and I'm not homophobic. Am I a speshul case or something? :rolleyes:

And did anyone else nearly have a !@#$%^ Heart Attack in the beginning of the "B" case when the angry ex-boyfriend tossed his ex-girlfriend's little poochie out the window, followed by a huge bloody SPLAT?!!! I have to admit heaving a huge sigh of relief to see that the blood was only spray from the mangled corspe inside the salt truck...
Seriously, it's such a sign of the times that we're watching a show where we know people die, and we can't stand the thought of an animal dying. :lol: It reminds me of when we watched "Apocalypse Now" in AP English class and all of us were freaking out about whether the puppy got hurt.

I just went back and watched all the season one and two episodes, and it seems to me the cast worked better together/had more chemistry in season one, and it has been steadily declining.
I know what you mean. Season 1 seemed to be deliberately going for the gritty, realistic stuff and the strong characters--once season 2 started, it seemed to be about following the generic tv formula and sacrificing the real feeling of the show in the process.

I like Lindsay's character a lot. Is there something I've missed on why she drives so many people nuts?
Nope, just personal preference, I guess. :)

Rhonda, when I heard the BBM line I instantly thought of you. See what influence you have on me?
Ha! Good, at least everybody didn't think of me! :lol: *pats the writers for that line* That part was so hilarious though, and the 'kitten' a bit later? Flack, my darling, have all of my babies please. :lol:

I gotta echo what Fay said about Quentin/Misty--that is one good-looking woman!
Seriously! :lol:

I mentioned this in another thread...I watched Criminal Minds last night and it was Ellie's (is that her name?) last ep? I don't know if she was just bad in the last ep, but she was awful and I couldn't help but think, "Kudos to Criminal Minds for writing out an actress who isn't working."
Off-topic, but I thought I'd mention this. ;) Elle was a decent character, but I wasn't in love with her. It was kind of like when Vanessa left NY, though--when the actress was getting ready to leave, the character was suddenly so blah. :confused:

This episode was cool to watch...loved the caring interaction of the characters (typical of a cohesive team).

Of course Lindsay looked a tad plump in the face, but her going away to Montana was believable. Even though Dr. Hawkes gave her good advice about saying goodbye to Danny in-person...Danny seem to have liked the farewell card.

...and I definitely didn't believe the Senator would get his hands dirty (himself) in killin' the transsexual (singer) since image is everything in his line of work (ya never know though).

Well, yes, that other guy should have been a little careful in his choice of kiss...no questions were asked.

Aw, the puppy scene was quite a twist...and once again, everyone did a fine job...Grade B+

I have to say I didn’t love this episode at all. I mean Flack/Stella case was funny and definitely there for comic relief. Flack was hilarious; I would have loved it if the Drag Queen case was Danny/Flack case. Could you image how much Danny would have gotten hit on? The Alibi case was ok, kind of a cool new idea. I did like that the 2 suspects were actually covering up an affair and not murder. But I felt the other guys motive was really weak and lame. And not enough Hawkes or Sid in this episode.

Lindsay storyline pissed me off. I am not in love with her as a character but I feel that she definitely got the shaft in this episode. I mean if Mac, Stella or Danny etc… were leaving the show it would have been a much much bigger part of the episode and Lindsay was just like “yeah I’m leaving bye” that it. This big dark secret was kind of hyped for a couple weeks or whatever and then barely dealt with. We still don’t know a lot about it like Was Lindsay injured during this? Was she a victim who happens to survive or was she like outside watching this happen? And if she was outside why didn’t she go for help? Did the killer even know she was there? Where did this take place? A house? In the woods? A school? It didn’t have to be the whole episode but it could have been a bigger part in my opinion

I feel all 3 CSI have done that lately though. Had this big build up to something that ends up turning into nothing. Like on Vegas they had that 4-episode killer who was making miniature version of the crime scene and then its like yeah I killed them and now I kill myself. And I know in Grissom last episode another miniature was delivered which I’m really excited about I just hope the writers do better the 2nd time around. And on Miami the whole last season pretty much was built on this mole that was working or in the lab giving out info on all the CSI and we find of it was Natalia BoaVista and it was just like yeah I’m the mole and everyone was mad at her for like a day and now she a regular CSI. CSI has some great story lines and could have some amazing episode but they always seem to drop the ball just like with Lindsay big dark secret and her leaving the show for a period of time, even when Grissom left Vegas I felt it was just like yeah he’s gone whatever. I don’t know maybe it just me but I feel like the writers are writing half-ass scripts and it’s not fair.

Back