"Redrum" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Csilover4191

Csilover4191 Civilian

Hi...I'm new here and I just wanted to share what I think about the whole Catherine not telling the team about the reverse forensic thing. This is just my opinion but mabey she wasn't aloud to tell the team because they needed them to process the scene like they would any other scene for it to work. If they new they would treat it differently then any other scene because they would know it was staged and already know where everything is and them knowing that could possibly blow the whole setup. Someone could possibly find out that wasnt supposed to find out just by the way they were acting towards processing the scene. Again that was just my opinion and would just like to know what you think . (sorry for spelling...I am horriable at it)

2. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

*is happy with the positive attention being given to Hodges here*
    i really hope thta they didnt cut it...this spoiler came out back in october, i think...

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think this is what is going to be the source of the "mutiny". The fact that Warrick, Nick, and Sara in particular have worked hard all these years with Catherine and trying to earn their place within the crime lab and then along comes this Keppler guy and they are shut out of the picture.

The stress of keeping them out of the loop probably is causing Catherine to be more abrupt then usual and then she tells Nick in a nasty tone to "back off" instead of using language that doesn't leave him feeling defensive such as "I'm not in a position to tell give you this information and it has nothing to do with you personally Nick."

Bring in this Keppler dude whom they hardly know and we have a coup d'etat on hand.

It's a really bad situation because the young turks are hard working, dedicated professionals and to be shut out of the picture by someone whom you don't trust already and by someone else who you've worked with for so many years really sucks.

The crime fighting world is one that is extremely stressful, and as a woman you are always feeling that you are on the defense.

I already hate Keppler!!!

4. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I have this theory...

Okay first off...doesn't Sara ask Catherine what is up? Then the camera flashes back to Catherine who says "Nothing, that I can tell you at the moment!" That alone has me thinking that Catherine is trying to say something without having to say it. I kind of think that is a small hint that is thrown in Sara's direction, and I personally think Sara will catch it.

Then you have Catherine basically alerting Nick that something is up without saying it as well. Okay think about this...if someone is about to undercover something you don't want them to see--wouldn't the last thing you would want to do is make it that more obvious. Just from the clips I've seen...I think Catherine is trying to clue them in that something isn't right, but at the same time her hands are tied behind her back. She's not allowed to divulge any information, but hey its not her fault if they figure it out.

Just my two cents, but its out of character for Catherine to purposely back stab the people she works with. But I guess we will have to wait and see the episode!!!

5. AureliaPriscus

AureliaPriscus Dead on Arrival

Like I said earlier, Nick's tone in that scene is definitely accusative: if she's abrasive, it's because he's implying she's up to something unseemly.

Oh, Keppler. Yeah, plainly this is all his fault, as he showed up for work that morning. ;)

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Which begs the question - how far does Catherine actually go?

Nick isn't the sort of man who seems to easily bear a grudge. Especially not to this degree.

7. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Yes, but why does Nick strike that tone in the first place? Just the other day, he defended Cath by saying he gets along fine with her. Something had to start the animosity. Keppler must not have been holding his head right that morning ;)

8. AureliaPriscus

See, that's what bothers me. I've said earlier that I wish the team had more faith in that, even if her behaviour's a little strange or secretive, she isn't doing something blatantly illegal, yet here we are with Nick implying just that.

We'll have to see how it plays out in the episode, but from what we've seen I'm more inclined to be ... twitchy about Nick's actions than Catherine's.

And Keppler holds his head just fine. ;)

9. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

And from what I've seen in the series, I'm inclined to believe Nick has some kind of justification for his mistrust. It may not have been started by Cath, but there should be *some* reason for it.

The Day of Rage is at hand ;)

10. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

i like this theory! that could match the preview-clips we've seen... i'd welcome this kind of development!
    that would give the ep a new kind of twist... that they are in to it and try to help her in some way or sth like that...

11. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

See, I'm inclined to believe the opposite. Catherine is political enough to know that she cannot do or say anything about what she and Keppy are doing. Period. This is a tricky operation, and it could head south rather quickly. Plus, the DA is in on it, so how about this...... I think Catherine is being rather abrupt and coarse with the Young Turks to keep them away. Most of it I think is some sort of maternal instict to protect her team, but there is a part of Cath who believes as the supervisor, she shouldn't have to answer to Nick or Warrick or any of the others.

There's obviously more to it than we're seeing in the promos, so I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday to see ;)

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I still want to know where Ecklie is in all this. :confused: He is the lab director, he should be there with the Undersheriff and Brass, and Catherine and Keppler should have gone to him.

After watching the video "Processing the Scene" (over on Who Is Keppler) I'm inclined to believe that Nick was part of the original case and when it came to making a fake crime scene he was taken off. Like anybody else he wouldn't like that. You have to remember, he isn't the same person he was in earlier seasons. What may not of been in character before just might be now.

Does anyone else have problems with Keppler in that when he's around it seems more like he's the supervisor and not Catherine?

Susan

13. hallway

hallway Civilian

This whole series sucks! now that Grissom is gone!

14. AureliaPriscus

Hey, hey. He'll be back. "Monster in a Box" isn't so far away. :)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think Catherine has given them reasons to be mistrustful. She has a history of snatching cases out of people's hands-literally like in Cool Change with Nick and with Nick and Sara in Last Laugh. And again, Warrick and Nick were not at all that pleased with her leadership sytle, NOT BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN, but because she is territorial at times. She may have been helpful to Nick in Assume Nothing and Grave Danger but during Big Middle when she accused Nick of having a problem with her leadership she showed herself as being insecure with herself.

And Ecklie being the crappy director that he is has probably created an environment of distrust among everyone in the lab. They know that he's just waiting for someone to screw up so he could get rid of Grissom.

And the Under Director is simply taking advantage of her because she's a single mom and they know she will say yes so she won't screw herself out of a job.