"Redrum" Discussion **Spoilers**

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
Air Date: Thursday, January 25, 2007
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#713) "Redrum"

WHEN A POPULAR POLITICIAN IS MURDERED, KEPPLER CONVINCES CATHERINE TO GO BEHIND THE BACKS OF HER TEAMMATES WITH A CONTROVERSIAL METHOD TO FIND THE KILLER.

Catherine must deceive her teammates when she agrees to Keppler's covert and controversial plan to catch the killer of a popular politician. -- Liev Schreiber returns as Michael Keppler, a seasoned CSI who is new to Las Vegas and is assigned to Grissom's team during Grissom's teaching sabbatical. -- The leading suspect for the high-profile murder of anti-drug crusading assemblyman Danilo Zamesca is Thomas Simon, the west coast's biggest drug supplier, whose trail quickly grows cold. Catherine agrees to Keppler's unconventional method to find Simon, despite her reservations about lying to her longtime CSI teammates, who soon sense that something is awry.

Series Regulars:
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard
Hodges: Wallace Langham

Recurring Cast:
Michael Keppler: Liev Schreiber
David Phillips: David Berman

Guest Cast:
Bobby Dawson: Gerald McCullouch
Jon Wellner: Henry Andrews
Undersheriff McKeen: Conor O'Farrell
Edwin "Rat" Dennison: Adam Nee
Ezekiel Holstein: Darris Love
Apartment Manager: Gill Gayle
Thomas Simon: David Fabrizio
Lot Attendant: Jernard Burks
Monique Carter: Suzy Cot
Assemblyman Danilo Zameesca: A Martinez
Bartender: Geno Monteiro
Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell

LINKS:

Thanks to the Futon Critic
"Redrum" CSI Files Plot Details.

looks good.
it says: Jon Wellner-Jon Wellner. why is that? jon wellner plays henry andrews. so why doesnt it say Jon Wellner-Henry Andrews?

Destiny said:
Assemblyman: Danilo Zameesca A Martinez
It should be Assemblyman Danilo Zameesca: A Martinez
Danilo Zameesca is the character and A Martinez is the actor.

more spoilers about Redrum from Carol Mendelsohn:

" In "Redrum," airing this Thursday, the team delves into the complicated world of reverse forensics. Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger), de facto team leader in Grissom's absense, finds herself taking Keppler's side, pitting the pair against everyone else.

"As it is with people in general, this situation gets resolved with some people and some characters carry it with them. At the end of 'Redrum,' we see Nick (George Eads) and Warrick (Gary Dourdan) and one of those characters cannot let it go." (Source: NY post) At the end of 'Redrum,' we see Nick (George Eads) and Warrick (Gary Dourdan) and one of those characters cannot let it go."

since in the preview clips, it looks like Nick was more angry with catherine and brought together warrick, greg, and sara..I'm guessing it's Nick that can't let it go

I agree since Nick was the one who was so angry and started the us against them revolt (for lack of a better phrase), My guess is that it would be Nick who can't let it go. This saddens me a bit, although Nick does not seem like the hold a grudge type to me. :( :(

btw the source for the above post comes from NY Post

Yeah, its more than likely Nick, but watch them flip it on us and make it Warrick who holds the grudge.

But, from the videos, it definitely looks like Nick who will not let it go, which doesn't surpise me. Warrick is a mellow fellow, and theres always been that sexual tension between him and Cath so.. I don't see him disliking her for too long. (Not saying anything will ever happen between them, but you knwo what I mean)

Nick just seems on the verge of a breakdown. Well, Greg can join him and let out his emotions that must be there, but we just don't see and they can both join Grissom and help him teach and get over their problems in a healthy way. :)

Quoting Wojo:
In the latest video clip Catherine is telling the sherrif something along the lines that the team can't be fooled tells me she has all the faith and loyalty in the world for them. She does not want to do this reverse forenics thing but she has no choice.

Yet she still goes ahead with it. I'm sorry, but Catherine has proven again and again that her actions speak louder than her words.

And Catherine is the Supervisor right now. Which means she can absolutely say, "no". Grissom probably would. She has the same authority that he does. She chose to go along with it. Even if it's to get justice for the victim, she still needs to realize that she's the boss.

Like someone mentioned about Pledging Mr. Johnson, Grissom specifically told her it was stupid to tell the husband about the lover, but she went right ahead anyway, and someone died.

She knew, again, that it wasn't necessarily the best thing to do, and it ended in disaster. So... while it's nice that she has faith in the team, she still chooses to lie to them.

First the list was copy and pasted from The futon critic there might be errors.
pabzi said:it says: Jon Wellner-Jon Wellner. why is that? jon wellner plays henry andrews. so why doesnt it say Jon Wellner-Henry Andrews?
The reason for just putting his name like that is because in the episode "Unbearable" he played "Sam Tracy" prior to that he played Henry Andrews.
In May of 2005 CSIFiles reported for this season (2006/2007) "Jon Wellner Joins Recurring Cast Of 'CSI'" in which it states, Actor Jon Wellner recently penned a deal to join the recurring cast of CSI next season as toxicology expert Sam Tracey., So what I did not sure who he will be I put in both names until the ep airs and we know for sure.
Dynamo1 said:It should be Assemblyman Danilo Zameesca: A Martinez
Danilo Zameesca is the character and A Martinez is the actor.
As I said it was copied and an error made it has been corrected. Thank you.

sarahvma said:
Quoting Wojo:
In the latest video clip Catherine is telling the sherrif something along the lines that the team can't be fooled tells me she has all the faith and loyalty in the world for them. She does not want to do this reverse forenics thing but she has no choice.

Yet she still goes ahead with it. I'm sorry, but Catherine has proven again and again that her actions speak louder than her words.

And Catherine is the Supervisor right now. Which means she can absolutely say, "no". Grissom probably would. She has the same authority that he does. She chose to go along with it. Even if it's to get justice for the victim, she still needs to realize that she's the boss.

Like someone mentioned about Pledging Mr. Johnson, Grissom specifically told her it was stupid to tell the husband about the lover, but she went right ahead anyway, and someone died.

She knew, again, that it wasn't necessarily the best thing to do, and it ended in disaster. So... while it's nice that she has faith in the team, she still chooses to lie to them.

Wow, you just said what I've been trying to say since this video came out. She has the ability to say 'no', and would if she really wanted to IMO. Grissom would if thats what he thought was right, and I don't think he would do it because it goes against the people of the lab. And as he said in Playing W/ Fire, without the people, there is no lab.

Anyways, can anyone explain to me why they have to keep it a secret from the rest of the team, other than the fact that TBTP wanted a storyline? Sorry, I didn't catch it myself.

Actually she might not have a choice, there were times or one that I remember right now that Grissom didn't have one.

Remember the ep "Strip Strangler" when the sheriff invites the FBI in and they use Sara as bait, while she wanted to do it, when Grissom said no, he wasn't just ignored but in the end he was removed for not playing along with the FBI and the Sheriff and for refusing to say they had the killer. In that Ep if it weren't for Brass telling Grissom he wouldn't have known that the FBI and Sara went ahead without alerting him.

Why does some of you think that Grissom would say "no" to all of this?
I mean Grissom isn't perfect, he also made mistakes as a supervisor, he is a good scientist, but he seems to have no idea how to deal with his team. :rolleyes: And he didn't tell Nick about the tape back in Season 6, although he knew that Nick (and also the rest of the team) should have known about this.

Anyways, can anyone explain to me why they have to keep it a secret from the rest of the team, other than the fact that TBTP wanted a storyline?
Keppler said that they need to keep the leaks to a minimum.
They're dealing with a notorious and elusive drug dealer/killer so I guess that makes their plan dangerous and complicated and the undersheriff is breathing down on their necks so they better not blow their cover.

EVERY CSI has broken the law now at some point. EVERY CSI has done something wrong with the evidence. They're all guilty of something.
Don't think theyre breaking the rules this time since evidence gained by going undercover (which Im guessing is what they'll do judging from the clip) do stand up in court. Keppler said they do that all the time in Baltimore and he used a formal name to describe his plan,"reverse forensics" so its probably an unorthodox but otherwise acceptable forensics technique. And the undersheriff said "its not Catherine's call", so if ever their plan goes haywire I think that he'll be the one who'll take the heat.
I think Nick's problem is not because its unlawful but because Catherine wouldn't tell them about her and Keppler's plan. He probably thought that Catherine didn't think that they're trustworthy enough. That's just my guess though.
She knew, again, that it wasn't necessarily the best thing to do, and it ended in disaster.
I don't think it will end in a disaster because I read on the spoilers that Brass will be able to catch the notorious drug dealer/killer.

The reason for just putting his name like that is because in the episode "Unbearable" he played "Sam Tracy" prior to that he played Henry Andrews.
In May of 2005 CSIFiles reported for this season (2006/2007) "Jon Wellner Joins Recurring Cast Of 'CSI'" in which it states, Actor Jon Wellner recently penned a deal to join the recurring cast of CSI next season as toxicology expert Sam Tracey., So what I did not sure who he will be I put in both names until the ep airs and we know for sure.
he cant be sam tracy again! everyone allready knows him as henry andrews, the toc tech. that has to be who he is now. it was really confusing that they brought an actor that they had used as a bad guy on to be a tech, but now that he is a tech, he needs to stay a tech, no?

sarahvma said:

Except, she's not -entirely. In case you missed it, Brass was there too, along with the Undersheriff, who, clearly points out that it's not her call. Now, this means that if someone like the *Undersheriff* tells you that it's not your call, then it's not. Especially because this is law enforcement. From that preview clip it seemed to me Catherine had two choices; refusing to go with it, which could cost not only her leadership but job as well. Who wants to employ someone who refuses to carry out orders? OR she can actually go along with it, while she keeps her job (because ya know, she has a teen daughter at home that she has to take care of and look at the irony, she goes for her job which is Linds' benefit and again, people say it's wrong). And while she goes along with it, she could make sure that the rest of the team does not get in trouble. Because yeah I do see them hotheaded enough to deny orders and if you look at the fact that they basically rebel against Catherine herself, I wonder about their chances of getting FIRED for refusing to do anything on the orders of the new guy.

To make it short; no, Catherine, as a single mother, does not have a choice. And I'd rather see her having conflict with her team mates rather than hotheadedly and foolishly losing her job that would not only hurt her but her daughter as well.

sarahvma said:

She knew, again, that it wasn't necessarily the best thing to do, and it ended in disaster.

Moral of the story; don't ever talk to anyone cause you never know when they freak. I could totally go Rambo on this piece of information and if we go for this logic, it'd be your fault.

sarahvma said:
So... while it's nice that she has faith in the team, she still chooses to lie to them.

Yeah, how sucky is that? Putting her own job and family in the first place. That's just totally rude! :rolleyes:

sarahvma said:
Quoting Wojo:

actually she is the acting supervisor, and the undersheriff has more power than her, so she doesn't have much choice. I would say this whole thing makes nick look the worse. I think this is really out of his character to suddenly go against catherine, he is always very trusting of people.

Back