You Talk Funny!

You mean like southern of southern Ireland? Cuz the last Irish accent I wish for is the Cork accent.. "could ya pass mah da fark, bay?" <- ok, so writing the way it is pronounced is difficult.. I wish Donegal, Galway or Dublin..

Nope, I actually meant South of the 'border' that more or less no longer exists - as in non-Northern Ireland. I'm fond of the Monaghan, Dublin, Galway and Wicklow accents - I can't understand people from Cork most of the time!

Okay. I gotcha. Hmmm. I could so hear some people from Newfoundland say: "could ya pass mah da fark, bay?" I loooove their accents. I think it totally rocks.

Although "bay" sounds more like "b'y". First two lines of a Nfld. folk song is "I'se the b'y that catches the fish, and I'se the b'y tha' sails 'er" Sing it really fast.

:lol: those lines are friggin' cool!!! Yes, that "bay" I meant that to be pronounced as 'by' actually..

:lol: I just have to write those lines down :lol: can't stop LMAO

my friends grandma taught us a song and its irish or scottish i can't remember but it goes like this:

bears eat oats
and does eat oats
and little lambs eat ivy
kid'l eat ivy too
would you

or something along those lines.
but we sing it very fast and the part with kid(as in baby goats) it's supposed to be like kid will but the way you sing it makes it sound like you are saying kiddle

i don't know if that made sense or not.

I have a London accent, although I wouldn't say that it's either a posh one or a cockney one which a lot of people seem to assume is how we sound. For my area some people say that I talk poshly, but I would just say that I have good diction (or at least better then a lot of people :lol:)

I was trying to get my friend to say 'breathe either this or that' (not sure why that phrase but hey :lol:) but instead it came out as 'bereava eiva this or tha' :lol:

my friends grandma taught us a song and its irish or scottish i can't remember but it goes like this:

bears eat oats
and does eat oats
and little lambs eat ivy
kid'l eat ivy too
would[n't] you

I love that song. I think it's "mares eat oats" though, not bears. :)

ah you are probably right. we always sung bears but mares makes more sense

I was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, but after nearly 10 years of living in Oklahoma, my accent has softened quite a bit. Mostly the Jersey comes out if I get mad or talk about things from home, like going 'down the shore". I can still do the accent whenever I feel like it.

My family, all of whom still live in New Jersey say I sound "Okie" or "southern" now.

I'm from western canada..YEAH...anyway..i think a lot of canadians have an "canadian accent" which kind of annoys me because in western canada....we do not sound like people from newfoundland. I sound more american than someone who would say "aboot" instead of "about"..i say "about"....i actually caught myself saying "could y'all pass me a soda?"...first of all...i never say y'all...and secondly..in canada, we have pop and not soda...its the same thing, only called pop instead of soda...anyway...i find myself sounding more american, i say y'all a lot...yeah...western canada is very american....WE LOVE YOU GUYS...anyways...i do not have a 'canadian accent"...

I'm from Nova Scotia and I don't have an accent. Actually a lot of people think I'm from the south (in the States). But I guess it's because I spent most of my life living in Ontario. I moved back to Nova Scotia last year and I can tell that people hear talk differently than in the rest of the country. Especially my aunt, she's from Newfoundland and she has a heavy Newfie accent. My cousin and I sometimes laugh at some of the things she says cuz they sound sooooo funny. Oh well I've babbled long enough.

my mom's friend paul just came here from england! i looooove the way he talks.

Hmm, I like to talk in an english accent for fun ^_^

:lol: LMAO! Seriously, I don't know what english accent is but I know it's so much easier to understand than the american accents. I guess it's much more clearer?

you know what sounds cool? Irish accents. they are so cool....like collin farrel...what a cool guy...Irish accents are awesome...yay

Back