Grade 'Obsession'

Adam is an interesting guy but I like him in the Lab. I gave the ep a B+ not great but still a good ep.

One thing that really bothers me about CSI: NY when they try and do an episode where it's supposed to be really cold out and snowing is that it isn't believable. Anyone who lives in a place that gets really cold (below zero) knows that you can see your breath when its that cold out. Every episode I've watched of CSI: NY, I can never see their breath. Cold breath would actually make it believable that they are in New York, not in California with a bunch of fake snow and temperatures well above 30 degrees. It really bothers me.

Overall, not a great episode. The snowflake, was too far fetched.

Definately not one of the best episodes. The cases were kind of boring. I had the dead guy in the apartment figured out very quick. I should have entered the $10,000 thing. LOL

I gave it a C. This was by far the worst episode of the season so far. Boring cases, the B case was sooo predicatble (the moment I saw a homeless guy I figured out the plot) and the A case wasn't that interesting either. But of course there has to be one the worst. But they cannot all be excellent. Can't wait for the next.

Whatever I would say about this one has already been said multiple times. It felt like a filler episode. The most boring of this season so far.

I'm one of the ones that really disliked the overuse of puns. But then, I really dislike puns in the first place. They usually only make me groan. :lol:

Gave it a B+. A rather boring epi this time around, nothing exciting or stands out, IMO. I will admit, I was doing other things instead of fully concentrating on the show Wednesday night :eek:

There really isn't anything else that hasn't been mentioned without sounding redundant at this point.

The puns didn't bother me, but can get old rather quickly too.

La_Guera said:
I never said it wasn't canonical; I said it was inflated. I get the impression that most fic-writing fans assume the relationship is an emotionally intimate one, and that I'm not sure I see. I don't doubt that they would go to the wall for each other, and I know that they socialize outside the job, but I don't see them getting together for beers and discussion of that one time at band camp...

If by "intimate" you mean romantic, of course that's fanon, just like just about any other CSI show-ship that's not the Grissom/Sara pairing. But I think it's hard to look at episodes like "On the Job" and "Run Silent, Run Deep" and not see a very deep bond there, a friendship that goes far beyond the job, though of course that's where it began.

As for Adam, if they want to showcase him in the lab, fine. But to make his appearance in the field a recurring event would be a mistake, IMHO.

I prefer him in the lab as well, and I think he's so good there that it would be a mistake to stick him in the field. But I felt the same way with Greg on CSI, and I think they've done a good job with him in that they've been able to show a very different CSI than the rest of the team. But I really don't see Adam going into the field for good anytime soon.

I gave it a B-

The cases' resolutions were just...no.

Things I Did Like:

Mac and Stella working together (and it's not because I ship them but I like how they work together); Flack's one-liners; Danny inviting Hawkes (awwwww, wheee); Adam out of the lab; and Sid out of the morgue.

Eh...this episode was kind of boring. Neither one of the cases really interested me, and that CSIQ thing is really annoying...ecspecially when they give a choice that we havent even seen yet....way to give it away.
I did like Flack's scenes, as usual :D as well as Danny teasing Adam about being a cupcake :lol: I liked seeing Danny and Hawkes hanging out too, they look like they are going to have a strong friendship developing like the one Danny and Flack has, and those two guys have greaty chemistry with each other.

i love those little moments in the episodes....but they can't carry the show...

This episode had a little lighter mood to it. In the beginning with the zinger line right before the credits, all Danny had to do while he said something like "... he came in dead last" was to take off his glasses and put them back on, and he'd have been channeling Horatio Caine. :rolleyes:

But there were some great little laugh lines in the episode to make up for that. I got a kick out of Flack telling about the boys who came in thinking that the football some friends threw through the window killed the guy... "So, I locked 'em up just for fun." :lol:

And maybe it's just because I've gone to Phoenix for my job when it was winter, but I loved the little interaction between Danny and Adam...

"Stop shivering like a girl, Adam. It's not even that cold out here."
"I'm from Phoenix. 85 degrees is considered freezing."
"Cupcake." :D

I thought the murdered man and the missing "kidnap victim" was a good story line with a lot of twists to it. When they first found the duct tape and all, I did turn to my husband and say "maybe it was just kinky consensual sex" but I was really mostly joking and didn't think that would be it. It made for a very interesting story line, though. The supposed kidnap victim, Elizabeth whats-her-name and her ex turned out to be disturbingly creepy at the end. She got turned on by the fact that he would kill for her, and even though he'd been caught in murder and was surely heading to prison, he still thought that knowing she still loved him made that murder worthwhile.

Unfortunately snowflake as incriminating evidence was way too hard to swallow. I know they base most of their science on real science, but come on! Unless the weather instrumentation was right on that very corner, there's no way they could pinpoint that. Heck, you can look at your own city on www.wunderground.com and look at the "personal weather stations" link and see that there's often a couple degrees variation within a few mile radius. Not to mention how they'd determine when it landed, why it hadn't melted, etc... I'm not a fan of "and then a miracle occurs" solutions, and though they don't happen too often on CSI shows that seems to be the card they played this time.

The other story line was a little peculiar, but good with the stolen grocery cart. I liked the character development bits between Danny and Sheldon as they worked the case, especially with Danny inviting Sheldon to his mother's house Sunday so he can try real mozerella.

And after the general badness of the scenes in Silent Night, I was a little relieved to see that there wasn't mention of Lindsay's traumatic experience in this one.

^Yeah, I felt the same way about the snowflake. That was just taking it too far. I realize the CSIs pay attention to detail, but a snowflake? Something that melts in five seconds after coming in contact with the skin? Come on.

The humor stuff is great in this episode--I loved Flack's line about locking the kids up. :lol: And Danny's teasing of Adam was cute, as well as his invite to Sheldon.

I was relieved that the Lindsay drama was put on the backburner for this ep, too. The less angst from that character, the better...

Top41 said:
^Yeah, I felt the same way about the snowflake. That was just taking it too far. I realize the CSIs pay attention to detail, but a snowflake? Something that melts in five seconds after coming in contact with the skin? Come on.

That's the sort of thing in real life that even if the science did bear it out, with that as your only concrete evidence, you'd have a very slim chance of convincing a jury. Their treatment of things on all the CSI franchises can be inconsistent. Sometimes they'll have better proof than this but the lead (or a district attorney) will decide it's not enough evidence and want more if they're going to press charges. Then in some episodes, like this one, it seems that they're running out of time and have to resort to an almost glib explanation. It's as though if Stella's animated and confident about it, it must make sense! ;)

^Exactly--I feel the same way. It's a "stranger than fiction" moment--like you said, even if it's real science, it's so farfetched that the idea of it standing up in court is pretty ludicrious.

Back