Aiden in Hereos

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Innocent_guilty, Dec 10, 2006.

1. ukcsiaddict

ukcsiaddict Hit and Run

Yeah it was post mortem - I think I would have preferred for her body to have been found, rather than just her skeleton in a burned out vehicle. At the end of the day, she was a law enforcer for a long time, and to end up like she did, wasn't really the way it should have been. Although, in thinking about it, were they trying to bring across the reactions of them all when they'd reconstructed her face from her skull? Maybe they felt more raw emotion from her friends would be apparent then rather than finding her actual body (although I think, if any of them had gone to the SOC, and found her body, it wouldn't have made a difference whatsoever - she was still their friend. I think Burn getting burned did make it slightly cheap (although I hadn't actually thought about that till you mentioned it). She deserved better.

2. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

I kinda wished that they would give a little bit more into Aiden's private life in Heroes. I thought that it was kinda unfair that she went *POOF*; just like that.

I agree with you 100%. Overall, Aiden had great chemistry with the entire team. She works well with everyone and anyone. I loved her character. Aiden's a strong, independant and smart woman who isn't afraid to rough it up a little. Like what 1CSIMfan has stated, Aiden does her job and I don't ever remember her complaining about it.

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree completely with you. It was a bad pun. A pile of bones in a box, thats the best they could've came up for her? They should've just left it alone. Let her left and that be that.

4. Innocent_guilty

Innocent_guilty Witness

That is kind of harsh but kind of true and its sad that they didn't know it was her at first and I totally think it would be less sad but it would still be sad no matter what I still miss her and maybe if mac didn't fire her she would still be on the show and alive or maybe it was the same fact with Rory Cochrane he wanted off the show so they killed him off so I heard but Vanessa Ferlito I never heard anything about her wanting to quit the show so they killed her off but I guess some thing happen for a reason but some things should happen at all

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Vanessa wanted to leave the show, so they wrote Aiden out. Their reasons for bringing the character back could be anything from wanting closure to just wanting to exploit the character for the most drama. *shrug*

Honestly, I think they could have had just as much sadness and character drama if they'd found Aiden dead and not burned to a crisp. Having one of them see her and recognize her, having to do the autopsy with her laying there, etc--it still would have given the writers a chance for grief and tears from the other characters.

Another thing that bothered me was that Vanessa 'came back' but wasn't actually on the show. We got, what, one flashback with Stella? If you're going to kill her off, and you get the fans excited by the idea of her coming back for a guest spot, why not at least give them something worthwhile before taking away any further chances to have her come back?

6. Innocent_guilty

Innocent_guilty Witness

yeah true they could of took an easy on her

7. ukcsiaddict

ukcsiaddict Hit and Run

I agree with you here - I think they did the whole reconstruction from skeleton thing for the suspense/drama/raw emotion from the characters, but like you said, the same could have shown through them discovering her body elsewhere and going through the autopsy etc