Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
1CSIMfan said:
Oops..I thought I was in the Eddie thread. Now to get some discussion about Flack. He was awesome in this episode. Any ideas as to why he didn't come to Danny's defense in the bar when Captain "Grandpa" was arguing with Danny? How awesome was it that he took up for Mac to his captain? I just loved that.

Flack was great in "Raising Shane," even if he didn't have a whole lot to do. I loved how he came between Mac and the captain, but it was clear he was just a little bit more on the captain's side. He clearly sympathized with Mac, though, and I like how he defended his actions.

As for Flack not rushing to Danny's defense, the only thing I can think of is that Stella seemed to have it covered. I really don't think he heard the comment about the captain wanting to beat Danny, though, or else he might have had to jump in on that. Flack has always been so protective of Danny that I can't see him just sitting back for that one, even if Stella did have it covered.

That one headshot of Eddie is freakin' amazingly gorgeous, btw! :D

I'd love to post more head shots of Eddie as Flack but they are hard to find that aren't either blurry or with a weird expression on his face. The artist in me goes for the beauty shots I guess. But you're right this is the Flack thread, so...
310_00495.jpg

A bit fuzzy and strange lighting but I like this interchange between him and Mac.

^^There's several sites with some really good screencaps. I just go with the pictures I like. Flack does have a lot of goofy faces (which I don't usually save) so it does make it harder to find caps.

I really don't think he heard the comment about the captain wanting to beat Danny, though, or else he might have had to jump in on that. Flack has always been so protective of Danny that I can't see him just sitting back for that one, even if Stella did have it covered.
I need to watch that part again. I can't see Flack keeping his mouth shut if he heard the comment about the captain wanting to beat Danny. I think Flack would have lost it at that point and definately would have stepped in. Just look how he shoved that cop in On The Job when he was mouthing off at Danny.

I think Stella was the only one who heard that comment about 'beating' Danny. Don obviously respects the Captain, and I don't know that he would have gone ballistic necessarily, but he probably would have said something, and that could have been bad for him...

The old school cops like Captain Jim-Bob (wtf was his name, anyway?) probably don't like Danny just on general principle, since he's a Messer. It makes you wonder if the Captain or anyone else has made a comment to Don (with his 'legendary' father and all that jazz) about being friends with Danny?...

We always come back to Don's friendship with Danny, don't we? :lol: But it's really one of the most intriguing things about the show, IMO. :D

Faylinn said:
We always come back to Don's friendship with Danny, don't we? :lol: But it's really one of the most intriguing things about the show, IMO. :D

Absolutely. That's on my top 3 list of "things I'd like the writers to explore this season"... ;)

206_0548.jpg

Here's a cap I had looked and looked for and finally found while I was watching Season 2. It's from Episode 6, "Youngblood". I love his expression.

I really love all the new pictures! He's got the greatest expressions in the screen caps. As for him coming to Danny's defense in Raising Shane, I think if he had heard it, he would've been right there to defend Danny. He'd never let someone talk that way about a friend. (I really didn't like the captian in that episode)

Didn't like the Captain but I hope its some sort of set up to do more about Flack and of course his friendship with Danny. And him sticking up for Mac was great. Like it doesn't matter what is in the past I know your trying to help one of your own. And a bit of they are his as well.

crap, I had a great post made but when I clicked continue it told me the form was no longer valid, grr.
Anyway. I wonder if there's going to be any more mentions of the tensions Flack is feeling from his fellow detectives. Standing up for Mac like that probably won't have endeared him all that much to his colleagues, especially the ones that already think he's a bit of a rat for handing over his memo book.
I'd love to see it revisited a bit, but sadly TPTB don't seem to see Flack in the same light we do (sighs)

I need to watch the last several episodes again and sort of analyze Flack's behavior.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the friendship between Danny and Flack is more in fandom than it is canon. Danny seems to be closer to Hawkes than Flack, especially now. In season 1 we heard them planning to shoot hoops on Saturday and we've seen them work a few cases together but not as many as Danny and Hawkes have worked, and lately there hasn't been much in the way of any friendship dynamic between them that I have noticed.

In Raising Shane we saw that even though Flack works with Mac's team, the Captain is his boss and his first loyalty is to him. Whether we like the Captain or not (and I didn't) we see that he is in fact Flack's boss, not Mac. There's been discussion about how Flack lives in both worlds, and he does, but he's a cop first.

I think the cops who are talking about Flack, bad-mouthing him for handing over the memo book are small-minded at best. I mean, come on, do you *want* a bad cop out there making it harder for the honest ones? Get serious. They'll get over it, I think. It might be tough for Don right now but he did do the right thing and everyone will see that in time. It would be interesting if we saw a follow-up to this issue at some point.

It does seem like Flack is an under-used character. Hopefully they will do a good back-story episode about him at some point. Like they did with Brass on the Vegas show. I'd like to think that since they know what a great actor Eddie is that they are working on something that can really let us see his talents. They've done that with Carmine, several times. His work in Raising Shane was stellar. Of course having an actor like Edward Furlong to play against didn't hurt. That guy is awesome. Maybe they will wrap up the Danny-Lindsay thing first. I'm trying not to speculate about that, but rather just wait and see what happens. I seem to be one of the few people who can actually relate to Lindsay.

Anyway, I was supposed to be talking about Flack. I can't believe that with all the potential stories they've set up, that they won't give us a great Flack story at some point. There are many, many possibilties.

^^You're right, they don't play on their friendship as much anymore. The put Danny with Hawkes a lot and Flack with Stella a lot.
As for the other guys bad mouthing him, I think he knows he did the right thing, but having people who are supposed to be your peers looking down on you has got to be tough. Eddie does a great job of capturing Flack's conflict, it's all in those amazing facial expressions. :D

You're right, they don't play on their friendship as much anymore. The put Danny with Hawkes a lot and Flack with Stella a lot.
Yeah, I think the friendship with Danny was shown more in season one and some in season two. Bringing Hawkes more to the front has been nice, and showing that he and Danny are good friends was good as well. I hope they don't forget that Flack and Danny were good friends before, though, because even if the fans play it up in discussion and fanfic, it was definitely there, and the actors noticed it too (thinking of various interviews off the top of my head, none of which I remember exact quotes from ;)). I'd like to see them explore the different types of friendships between the characters. Flack's friendship with Danny is different than his friendship with Stella, and I'd like to see more of both. ;) Flack and Stella are great when they work together, I like the way their banter works. :p

I noticed that too. Hawkes and Danny seem a lot closer this year than Danny and Flack, but it's always nice to get little hints about how the characters relate to each other.

I could have missed something of course, but the only reference to anything outside of work or a social life for Flack was the YMCA kids. When he was talking about the Ranger game he never said if he watched it alone or with someone. Like I said, I may have missed something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back