Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

ROFL I love your manip,Greggoooo!

I think I'm gonna say other 'cause I'm not sure if it's about her or not, it may be and it may not be, I can't wait until they tell us though. Or maybe that's number three. It's hard to say for me.

Interesting Buffy comments. I'm not as big on the later seasons as the earlier ones but the consensus seems to prefer Tara a LOT over Kennedy.

*thinks Buffy and Angel is the OTP of Buffy*

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good comparisons Adzix interesting research you little rascal ;) and maybe Depp could come on as Grissoms long lost son.... :eek: and gregooofan great artwork.again.. ;)

YOUR ALL MINE..AND DON'T FORGET IT

3. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

What about if Sara wasn't upset about Grissom's quote. The misanthrope quip was just teasing. It seemed as though she had gone in there for a bit of sympathy and to talk about her (and his) day. It was obvious that Grissom didn't want to talk so Sara has left telling him that she won't wait up. Possibly the don't wait up comment might've been said because Sara realised that Grissom wanted to be alone and didn't want to talk and Sara, by telling him she won't wait up, is giving him that time to himself. Basically so that Grissom doesn't feel pressured to rush off home just because Sara's going there.

Then Grissom's look after she leaves isn't, 'Oh no, what have I said to upset her, am I never having sex again?' but rather he's worried about how he's going to tell her he's considering the teaching offer (has decided he's going?) and how will she react? Will she think it's a reflection of their relationship?

With the misanthrope line. Like someone else mentioned somewhere, that Sara could've possibly done that crossword in her own copy of the paper while she was waiting to go to court, so knew the clue was there. And therefore she simply connected the two things when Grissom made his pumpkin quote and didn't really mean anything by it. It did seem she was teasing as I didn't get the impression that she was overly upset about what Grissom had said. I thought maybe she was a little bit hurt that he didn't want to talk to her (or anyone else) when she came into the room but I think she would know him well enough to know what he's like and it's not a reflection on them. Hey, there are probably times where Sara wants to be alone with her thoughts too.

4. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Come on, you know Gris hasnt been getting any booty for the past couple years and now that hes gettin some from Sara hes worried that if he leaves that its gonna slow down! haha

maybe its thats it or Ive just had too many glasses of wine tonight =)

I think its the wine....

5. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

i imagine if they talked "i love you" I see them both waiting for the other one to say it first. ...
    that's why i'm waiting a goodbye scene but especially waiting the back..when they will time for miss each other
    Gosh,they wait so much for this love...i think to be far will be hard
    i guess Grissom is worry about tell Sara he's leaving, because he has a fear she stay upset ...become emotional or worse she doesn't care ..in his mind he is worry with this too

i tottally agree and I find she will be very comprehensive about Grissom's break from the lab
    well, they probably have little problems like every single REAL couple have......if will be angts...in my opinion will not be the travel.....for me is more the secret...

6. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

The first time I watched this scene (I have seen it multiple times, of course) I got a really bad feeling. I think it was obvious that Sara was teasing him, but also pointing out to him that he was sounding misanthropic and not really paying attention to her.

What bothered me was his reaction. He seemed almost sick of her. Did anyone else get this sense? He almost looked like he was thinking "what have I gotten myself into?"

After watching it a couple times and reading the boards, I can allow for the fact that he may have been thinking "Oh my God, I am a misanthrope!" I think he really needs to get away and take some space, but he is feeling smothered by their relationship. They are almost certainly living together, and I am sure that freaks him out.

I think my sense of foreboding is due largely in part to the fact that I am sure he will not tell her until the last minute that he's gonna leave. She will be upset, and there will be drama. Or, lack there of, and we will be left wondering for a month what the status of their relationship is.

My prediction/hope is that he comes back from his sabbatical with the realization that he does love her and wants to be with her, and is able to express it to her. I don't think the geeks are doomed, but it may be a rough ride for a while.

I really can't wait until the rest of the team finds out, though. That will be sweet.

7. Desertwind

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

*Shaves off your eyebrows*

Haha!

You are made of badness, young lady.

IN HIS WEREWOLF FORM WHICH DOESN'T COUNT.

*ahem*

Anyway... I think that if we're going the GSR route, I'd say that Grissom is Oz, Sara is Willow and Tara is Sofia. lol.

Hot Salsa, anyone?

I think... I do want them to show Grissom truly emotionally torn with the choice, and I want to see Sara definitely upset by it, but not "broken".

I sort of just envision him packing and her crossing her arms in the doorway, not saying anything.

I have a feeling that's where our first kiss is going to come in - but a sad goodbye kiss.

Ironically, I think we saw a lot of paralleling in that final scene - Sara takes Grissom's quote too seriously, and Grissom takes Sara's teasing too seriously.

Mostly I believe Sara's just waiting for him to blow up, and so any hint of him blaming their relationship might have her on edge. Grissom is fragile for a number of reasons, and being with Sara may be the only steady thing he has right now.

9. Ashes86

Ashes86 Dead on Arrival

When I had a boyfriend, I once told him I wouldn't wait up for him because he was having a bad day.

Most guys take that as either a) an invitation to go home as soon as possible or b) a way of a girlfriend to say that they understand that they don't want to talk about what they are going through and they will be there when they want to talk. I think that Grissom would take it as he would want to go home as soon as he could figure out what to do about the letter and how to tell Sara.
    I don't think the face he made was him thinking about the relationship, but how to tell her that he might be leaving for a period of time.
    I realy hope there won't be a break-up, or doom. I think that would defeat the whole "letting the relationship out in the open" thing.

10. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

Whoa, get out of my head. I totally envisioned the same thing. I am optimistic though that we will get an emotional goodbye as well and perhaps a kiss will play in. Nothing too Nora Roberts if you know what I'm sayin but just a little drama wouldn't hurt.

Yeah I think he knew she was talking about waiting up you know later at home, but the way she said it probably triggered something in his brain he hadn't exactly given much thought yet.

And I would just like to say that if his facial expression was meant to convey "Crap, what if she doesn't wait for me while I'm gone" then wow, he really does have to be insecure. If he thinks she will move on after a MONTH.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I don't think it's a matter of Grissom being totally insecure. I mean, in his and her defence, he waited SIX YEARS.

And so while he was incredibly surprised (Snakes, Nesting Dolls) to discover that she still liked him and was still willing to be with him, I think that he's not blind to the fact that he did make her wait an awfully long time before he was ready.

Neither were ready before this, and I don't know that I would've supported GSR had I come in before Season 6 as a regular viewer.

But something about the two of them last season just struck me as "right", and while I do love old GSR scenes, I think the angst was always the best back then because it was so real and ripe, but it did signal that they weren't able to be together just yet.

Angst now feels worrying, but it's not anywhere near the same kind as it was then. Angst now seems to be more about crossed wires and insecurities rather than stupid comments and hurt feelings.

I think Grissom, like I've said a couple of times now, will always have Butterflied on the brain when it comes to Sara, and I think that even with the amount of women who flirt with him, he's not that secure in himself when it comes to relationships.

I don't think that Grissom assumes Sara would move on because of the person she is, I think it's because of the person that he is. I mean, Teri Miller refused to share a meal with him because of one botched date. The lab tech in the premiere thought his date was lame, and was disappointed at the lack of "action" (which makes further sense for the Bite Me scene if Grissom is, in fact, a little slow to 'move in for the kill' as it were) and Lady Heather refused to really aknowledge their past because of him arresting her, and while she may have forgiven him slightly at the end, I think all three women made it very clear that that was it for them if he wasn't going to change.

Sara seems to be, gently, trying to convince him that she doesn't want him to change, but she does think that he occasionally needs to take a better tone (Burn Out), and needs to understand the way his comments come off (Happenstance), but other than that... I think it's pretty clear she loves him.

I'm just not sure that he wants to trust that yet.

12. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

People according to the show.. why is he leaving?
    and in how many episodes Grissom will not show up?
    I don't think sara is going to move on.. is like to much time she waited .. to let him go so easy..jaja
    I think she've really strong feeling for him and she'll wait for him.
    BTW
    I hope we have a goodbye kiss XD

13. Desertwind

He'll be gone for two epsiodes..according to WPAP...and their tight.. she once again understands him and lets him be!!!!!some guys are obessed with their cars..golf..sports games..etc.. him. his reading.. she grinned, and he just gave her his "look" like he often does.. :rolleyes: he was deep into what he was doing.. and she's OK with that.. WP said "I'd like to kiss her, before the show ends" HELLO.. has that happened.. so it will.. don't despair :confused:

SIZZLING LOOK'S

14. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

I agree, I started watching mid-season 5 and with me and my impatient-ness I might of gotten feed up with nothing happening for 6 seasons.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think more than impatience, though, I would've felt like it was... inappropriate? For a few reasons. The first is that, ironically, WP has looked younger in the past couple of seasons than he did in 2 and 3.

Also in 2 and 3 is when I found Sara really unpleasant and moody.

But I don't mean inappropriate from an age standpoint, just where they both seemed to be in their lives and careers and personalities then. Did they both want it? Yes. But I think subconsciously both kind of knew that it wasn't the smartest choice at that point.

Sara made a move at the end of Playing With Fire because Grissom called her honey. Had he not done that, I don't think she would've worked up the courage, but she may have taken it as a sign that he was ready, and unfortunately, she couldn't have been further from the truth.

As far as WP's absence - some sources say 2 episodes, others say 4. Frankly, I think that they're hoping it's 2, but WP might want some time off to relax before coming back to CSI. So I'd go with 4 just to be on the safe side.

His last episode will be 7x11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.