Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree with those nicknames, but I think like he would call her "beautiful" or something really simple and cute, and I agree on the Donnie. I'm not really sure what else he would have.

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

She could use the standard 'Honey' nickname when trying to get him to do something. Like getting him to run out to the store to get some milk or something. "Hey, honey. Can you bring home a gallon of milk on your way home." Then I can see her using Donnie when she is talking to some about him. Like deciding something he did or didn't do.
    There are like a ton of nicknams Flack could use everyday for her. But I could see him just saying yes dear alot.
    So I guess what I might be saying is that it may change with what situation you find them in. ;)

3. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

For some reason, I see Donnie as that childhood nickname that he hated and Flack really doesn't like anyone to call him that. But when Lindsay calls him Donnie, he may say not to ever call him that again, but he secretly likes it. "Yes, Dear" is such a lovely endearment. I say it all the time to my friends. I should say it on here. XD

4. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I use Yes, Dear all the time when I talk to my friends too! A yes Dear between Linds and Flack would be so cute!Linds could definetly get away with calling him Donnie dispite how much he hates it! :lol:

5. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

I can totally see this happening: (OK, so not really. I was just bored. :lol:)
    Setting: CSI:NY lab, 6:00 p.m.
    Danny and Flack are obviously having an argument in one of the lab rooms. Flack is gesturing wildly with his arms and Danny has a clueless look on his face. The camera zooms in closer until we are in the room and can hear their conversation...
    Flack: How many times do I have to tell ya? Last time ya called me that I knocked the livin' daylights out of ya and and ya swore you'd never do it again. I told ya, I hate it when people...
    Danny: I'm gettin' a little confused here, Flack. Ya don't mind when...
    Flack: Yes, I do mind!
    Danny: Well...
    Lindsay walks in, oblivious to the subject of the argument.
    Lindsay: You ready to go to dinner, Donnie?
    Flack (with soppy look): Whenever you're ready, sweetheart.
    They walk out together; you can almost hear a Frank Sinatra in the background.
    Danny: ;)

6. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

ScreamPo I can also see him being called that when he is a child too. It's funny how things change when you get older. I think he would rather be called Donnie than Junior. Because of his dad.
    fly_casual your too funny. Love to see the boys argue alittle.

7. screamingpoet

Okay, fly_casual, at least it isn't just me that likes to type out the potential scenarios! I do that all the time. Ask anyone.

I don't really like the idea of calling anyone Junior. It's a nickname that has a string attached, I think. It seems to me that Flack and his dad already have some bad karma going on, so if Flack was getting called Junior it seems to me like he'd get pissed because hey -- there's one more thing to remind him of his dad.

In the Indiana Jones movies, Indy's dad called him Junior. He hated it. Indy also had issues with his dad. But, as it seems to me, most men have unresolved issues with their fathers. Maybe it's a guy thing. *shrugs*

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

"Donnie" sounds adorable! I wanna call him that!

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

ScreamP that's a good example. That's why my brother isn't junior he is II. Like the George Foreman kids (I-V). But I still call him by his childhood nickname (which he hates because I'm his sister). Maybe just Flack's family calls him Donnie.
    And I don't think it's just guys that have a dad issue. I would say a lot of girls have issues with there dad's but for a different reason.

10. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

It's funny that no one has considered calling him his real name....Donald. :eek: I could picture Lindsay calling him that when she's really mad, but never in seriousness. Whenever I hear that I immediately think of Donald Duck. :p Which brings us to another nickname... Ducky! :D Me likes this one.

11. screamingpoet

You know, I think of calling him by his given name and I instantly start giggling. You can just tell that if kids made fun of Flack when he was younger, they probably quacked at him or something. How much therapy would he need for that? Poor Donnie. XD

As for Lindsay calling him Donald when she's mad... yeah. I can see that. I can also see Flack calling Lindsay by a dreaded nickname, maybe something that her dad or older brother calls her. Ickle Lindsay-kins or something.

Lindsay: Donald Flack Jr, don't you dare go out that door! You are not leaving this apartment until I finishing saying what I have to say!
    Flack: So finish it! And don't call me that!
    Lindsay: Fine!
    Flack: *shrugs* Fine.

12. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

"Ducky"... I giggled when I read that. So cute and cheesy, yet it can kinda work when used properly!

Lovely conversation. I can really imagine that.

"Linds" or "Linds-pie"? :lol: Guess not.

13. csicat

csicat Police Officer

I still have Lindsay call him Don, Donnie, or Ducky in my stories, with the occaisonal honey or dear thrown in. And as always, for her it's either Linds or Angel. Just because I think it's cute. :D

One of my D/L stories has Flack call Lindsay Arto, because it was Arto Lindsay I think who had a band in the eighties called DNA and I thought it was funny to whoever got it.

I wonder if they have middle names . . .?

14. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

csicat, sorry to inform you that I am not that cool. I'm sure both have middle names. Not sure what names just yet. Will have to think on it a bit. ;)

15. csicat

csicat Police Officer

Happy Halloween!

That's okay, CSI_Watcher_8, I'm not really that cool either. :D

Have we discussed what costumes we think they'll wear? I can't be sure . . .

Personally, I think Flack will go as a basketball player, or be really funny and go as superman. You know, cuz he's so tall. :) Lindsay, on the other hand . . . I've always liked that story with her dressing up as an angel (which is where I got the nickname from), but she could also be a cheerleader or supergirl to match Flack. :D Any other ideas?