Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

yeah Nick was so adorable, i was teary eyed a few times for him. like when the screen first came on and the team could all see him in the box. i swear my mouth was wide open cause i was so shocked and felt so scared for him, for like 2 mins.

i also hadnt thought about that, if it had been sara or grissom instead.

do you think sara would have been less controlled if it had been grissom? she looked really upset, as did all of the team at points, would she have been able to be as controlled if it had been grissom? i think they would have had a scene of her in the bathroom crying by herself away from everyone if it had been grissom...

i wonder if grissom would have been any different, i think since grissom and nick seem to have very much a father/son relationship, he probably was as scared and uncontrolled as he would have been if it was sara. maybe a bit for erratic for sara since shes female and might not have been as strong as nick in that situation.

as for a timeline, most on here, i think, seem to think, nesting dolls, snakes were the turning point, committed might have been around the time they might have started dating after he came very close to losing her, bite me in season 6, seemed to signify they had crossed over the professional line from her reaction, maybe they wernt sleeping together, but there was definite dating or something going on by that point, daddys little girl, seemed to where maybe they were sleeping together by that point and she was offended by his thermite stuff he said, or maybe not, time of youre death what with the eye sex, blatently sleeping together by then, but im not too sure where to guess it started. but they were dating for sure by mid season 6. well this is what i thought. anyone else?

sunnydee said:

Still can't pinpoint an exact episode/time when it first happened though...first started seeing eachother in a non-work-related context, first hooked up, first kiss...(fanfic idea?) ;)

me neither. i've been watching them like a hawk in the season 6 repeats and have'nt been able to see anything! :( we need to know these things don't we? :rolleyes:

as for a timeline, most on here, i think, seem to think, nesting dolls, snakes were the turning point, committed might have been around the time they might have started dating after he came very close to losing her, bite me in season 6, seemed to signify they had crossed over the professional line from her reaction, maybe they wernt sleeping together, but there was definite dating or something going on by that point, daddys little girl, seemed to where maybe they were sleeping together by that point and she was offended by his thermite stuff he said, or maybe not, time of youre death what with the eye sex, blatently sleeping together by then, but im not too sure where to guess it started. but they were dating for sure by mid season 6. well this is what i thought. anyone else?

I agree with this mostly. Snakes was a big turning point. We know by listening to the commentary for that episode he was very, very close to asking her out. When he actually did will probably remain a complete mystery. I'm of the persuasion that it was after Grave Danger but before Bodies in Motion that they started seeing each other but hadn't slept together until after Bite Me. The lost Gum Drops episode speaks volumes in that respect.

But we could debate this all until we're blue in the face (and have...). Truth is, I don't know that we will ever actually know an exact time. Perhaps a vague reference like "We've been together a little over a year..." or something but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

ETA
Didn't Grissom invite Sofia to dinner in "Iced". Or was it before that? And when he did, do you guys think it was a date-like invitation or just friendly? Because if he was meant to be asking her out on a date, we can rule out that Grissom and Sara were together before Grave Danger.

i wanted to discuss snakes and nesting dolls actually.

i listened to the commentary for the snakes convo and found it interesting what was said.

1) no-one talks to grissom the way sara does.
2) Grissom doesnt talk to anyone the way he does to sara.
3) she was always putting herself out there, hoping he'd take the bait.
4) he does in this scene, but hes too late
5) perhaps he was gonna ask her out to dinner, but he took so long to reply. it was too late.

I HAVE QUESTIONS PEEPS.

i did not take that scene as grissom taking the bait at the end.

i thought he seemed totally shocked, too shocked to even speak, i mean, he knew she was attracted to him. but till then i thought the point was, he thought he was disposable. that it was a crush she'd get over, but hearing he's always meant more to her than professionally and hearing she moved to Vegas for him....it caught him off guard and it was the first time, he was really hearing her put her cards on the table, properly. kind of, this is how i feel. kind of situation.

so i thought at first he seemed shocked at what she was telling him, then uncomfortable and tried to switch topics, then i noticed sad after she said that stuff about looking for validation in inappropriate places.

is that where they meant he was too late? that she opened herself up, but because he tried to change the subject, she kinda said 'well im attracted to what i cant have'....and thats why he looked sad?

i thought the moment of being too late was when she told him, and he was lost for words, and in the moment she was thinking about it, not even looking at him, and he was looking at her, and when he talked, and said something and she looked up, and he kinda stalled, and she looked at him and squinted her eyes like 'whats he gonna say'..then she realised he couldn’t muster up any words so she made it easy for them both, and cut the awkwardness, maybe out of fear of rejection. i thought that was when he was too late, am i wrong?

but everyone keeps saying they thought he was gonna ask her to dinner, which after watching the commentary is probably why people say that. but i honestly think he was so shocked and trying to take everything in, that he would never have asked her to dinner there. i just dont think so.

ALSO NESTING DOLLS.

ok first of all, i re-watched the scene, and a few things popped into my head.

first of all, how since this was straight after snakes where she'd told him she liked him, how unbelievably awkward that must have been for sara. i never thought about it till now...but

a few days ago shes confided she sees him as more than a boss and changed her life to have him in her life, and next, hes in her apartment under orders to fire her, and the only thing thats gonna save her is to open up to the guy shes attracted to. that must have felt a bit humiliating. to have him there, and him wanting her to open up about stuff she didnt want to, or didnt feel she could. anyone but grissom would have been easier for her.

she put herself on the line and kinda made herself vulnerable in snakes in front of him, and then bam. next ep shes in exactly the same position.

also i noticed how at first she tries to distance herself from him, walking away to the other side of the apartment. i think that must have been a really hard situation for her. cause she respected him so much, and she was in the vulnerable position where he wanted her to open up. her again. i would have found that hard. but i also think, he had this tenderness towards her, that just showed how much he cared. it felt like he was there under professional orders but that, really he was there for her personally.

and i felt like that scene showed how much they cared but how much was holding them back. he was in her apartment, but he was meant to be there as her boss. he held her hand, but if it had been anyone else crying outside of work, you know you would have hugged them. so it showed the feelings they had, but the hard position they were both in. hm i dont think that makes sense.
but anyways!

do you think he would ever have fired sara? i just dont think he would ever have been able to fire her. even if he went there and she told him nothing and stone walled, i dont think he would ever have fired her.

also when she says she lost her temper and he says; that seemes to be happening a lot lately.

when? apart from the 3 times the day she was suspended when else did you lose her temper i wonder?

and also, that 'no-one else talks to grissom the way sara does and vice versa thing got me thinking-she never really loses her rag and is disrespectful to grissom, it hardly ever happens. im not to sure if it has, but i think if that had been grissom in the questioning room instead of Catherine, if that had been grissom walking through afterwards with her-i just cant imagine her behaving the same way, she always seemes to want grissom to think the best of her..i think she just respects him more than anyone else.

anways that concludes my post, responses appreciated.

I do like the theory, and I get where you're coming from with the "Gil", but mighten't "Griss" just be a nice happy medium?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm GLAD that it isn't some big flashy name. Sounds like they went for talent over hype, which I'd prefer. I still don't get why in the hell it has to be a new character, but still... hey - does anyone think that the guy taking over Grissom's job might BE the "Good Doctor" himself? That would certainly add an interesting dynamic.

Well if you ask me I think that he was the one who started the whole thing. I mean, he didn't have to bring up that fact that being on a plane enhances the sexual experience in the first place. It didn't really have anything to do with what they were doing. I mean yeah it kind of had something to do with having sex on a plane, but after she said the two might not have known what was going on in the cabin, the first thing that pops into my head to say is not, 'hee hee guess what? It's more fun to get it on when your way up in the sky!'

Agreed. While they were discussing the mile high club, Grissom starting to rhapsodize about how great in-flight sex is was somewhat irrelevant.

Then when he said that she was like, ‘Ok then, and how prey tell do you know that?’ and he’s like, ‘oh crap why did I just bring this up?’ and when she asks what magazine it was he’s like, ‘umm…uhh…foren…applied…Applied Psychodynamics in Forensic Science! Yeah that’s it.’ So IMO I think what he said was total bull crap. But of course that is in my little Grissom fantasy riddled brain.

Maybe, maybe not. Besides the fact that they were flirting sexually, I think this broke down the teacher/student barrier that was kind of firmly enforced with episodes like Too Tough To Die and Crate and Burial because while he had the knowledge, she had the experience.

P.S. I know this if way off topic but all you episode wizards out there, can you tell me if there has been an episode with a case involving like gymnastics stuff. (I mean besides the Cirque du Soleil one.) Because I have an idea for a fanfic but you know I don’t want to do something that they’ve already done on the show. Thanks.

They've done dancers and showgirls, but I don't believe they've had acrobatics.

Having just watched Swap Meet, which despite its predictable killer is actually a VERY re-watchable episode, I'd say there's no way they were together then. Just the way that Grissom was hesitantly testing the waters about her feelings on relationships and marriage... that wasn't a couple talking.

See, I made it a ladybug because I just can't see Grissom giving Sara a butterfly after "Butterflied." I know we all see the significance of butterflies in their lives, but I think it'd be a little bizarre for him to give her a trinket that will constantly remind him of a murdered girl who looked a lot like her.... So, Ladybug. Because, he's her bugman and she's his Ladybug (the corny joke idea I was referencing. It's one of those dumb things said in passing between a man and woman, where the woman says, "Don't you dare call me that!" In my scenario, Gris just gave her a good memory with the Lady bug, and a way to remember him while he's gone

See, this one, for me, is odd. I saw "Sphere" AGES ago, so I don't remember him from that. I remember him from "Kate and Leopold," and that was mostly a funny role.. So, I'm not sure how they'll play him. I don't like him for a boss, but, someone needs to take over. I can see them explaining him away as either a member of day or *shudder* swing shift who agreed to move to graveyard for a temporary promotion. I don't know why, but I picture him being a bit of a jerk, something to rattle the cages of the team. I don't like the idea of it, really, but that's what television shows usually do in a situation like this: Find someone to break the flow. Change is good, but I hate rattled cages. We'll see what happens, I guess.

I dreamt about CSI last night, about GSR. It was really, really strange. Sara almost said something to give Grissom and Sara away, having to do with the pickle from the "lightbulb pickle" incident a few years back, and he pulled this chord on a giant recliner, and the seat cushion fell on top of Sara, knocking her to the ground. No one thought anything of it. Bizarre dream. Why can't I have GSR dreams of them being sweet?

maby you must think of them being sweet when your going to bed it always help :)
and the CSI-marathon was great :)

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love Swap Meet. It's such an amazing episode. There's a lot of GSR in it, actually, if you look for it. Because Grissom getting Sara a coffee is extremely cute and they recite the rules of the GSR code.

Arrive as a couple, leave as a couple. (They so did that)
No photos, No video (we never see them do anything after they leave)
No affairs (well, neither of them are married)
And the kids must never know (the rest of the team)

Mwa haha! The GSR rules.

Oh and by the way,

I REFUSE to believe that Billy is leaving. And you can't change my mind.

SaraXsullivan, i soo agree with you in the billy-leaving part, i don't want him to go, and he just won't go!! ;)

Alyssa said:
See, I made it a ladybug because I just can't see Grissom giving Sara a butterfly after "Butterflied." I know we all see the significance of butterflies in their lives, but I think it'd be a little bizarre for him to give her a trinket that will constantly remind him of a murdered girl who looked a lot like her.... So, Ladybug. Because, he's her bugman and she's his Ladybug (the corny joke idea I was referencing. It's one of those dumb things said in passing between a man and woman, where the woman says, "Don't you dare call me that!" In my scenario, Gris just gave her a good memory with the Lady bug, and a way to remember him while he's gone

True that, true that. I just like butterflies =P
Anyways, I wrote my oneshot. It took like...an hour and a half cuz I kept falling asleep from my sickness. But anyways, here it is. Excuse me if it sucks, but I was very tired.

In other news, I have a conundrum(spelling?). Would anyone be able to give me a caption site with really really good/large-ish caps from earlier seasons?? I can't seem to find good ones. I need ones of Grissom and Sara individually, and together.
Thanks in advance, I love each and every one of you<33

Also, the ladybug was what he noticed at the wedding in Roshomama, and the bride was a vegetarian - something I'm sure Sarah Golfinger threw in as a wink. That, and both the bride and Sara have "plain" names, come from tough families...

Does he remind anyone else of Belthezar Ghetty? I have to wonder why everyone assumes that him taking over for Grissom also means he's going to hit on Sara. lol. But then, maybe Jorja's comments were purposefully coy in the interview when she said she wasn't sure if Sara would remain faithful to Grissom - that perhaps they ARE planning to have him get a crush on her and she wanted to keep the angst up. In any case, I don't *really* see it happening...

I dreamt about CSI last night, about GSR. It was really, really strange. Sara almost said something to give Grissom and Sara away, having to do with the pickle from the "lightbulb pickle" incident a few years back, and he pulled this chord on a giant recliner, and the seat cushion fell on top of Sara, knocking her to the ground. No one thought anything of it. Bizarre dream. Why can't I have GSR dreams of them being sweet?

I had a dream about my mother and my TA putting up all of my grades on the overhead and glaring at me. I *wish* I had pleasant GSR dreams. lol.

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love Swap Meet. It's such an amazing episode. There's a lot of GSR in it, actually, if you look for it. Because Grissom getting Sara a coffee is extremely cute and they recite the rules of the GSR code.

David Rambo pointed something out in that scene (it was the second episode he ever did, btw) - Grissom knows what Sara takes in her tea. I have no doubt that Rambo also wrote the veggie burger scene. Maybe because of the hamburger incident, but it seems as though Grissom really watches her from Season 5 on and memorizes her preferences.

Also, when the wife hints at fantasies, something clicked - that's actually part of the Butterflied speech that never aired. Grissom talked about fantasizing over sleeping with Sara and spending time with her. So I think that that line was a nod to that, and Rambo's way of slipping it in again.

In other news, I have a conundrum(spelling?). Would anyone be able to give me a caption site with really really good/large-ish caps from earlier seasons??

Two girls here, I believe Hottie Cath and ZsaZsa run a site called "Beyond Imagination" which has some really fanatstic screencaps of just about all of the episodes, but since they cap entire episodes, you'll have to sift through.

I know that www.purejorja.net and www.jorjafox.net have shots of Sara which include other castmembers, and might shorten your search time.

wow i didnt know that was originally meant to be in the butterflied speech but got cut.

im kinda glad it didnt make it, since she heard what he said, him saying he fantasized about sleeping with her, might have made it feel a bit cheap. but i wouldnt have complained if it had been in, and im kinda glad to think he was doing that by season 4. though in Invisible Evidence it was kinda obvious he had all those pent up sexual feelings for her...no suprise he day dreamed about that. its almost sorta cute to me. awwww

hey sarahvma -could you answer my questions about snakes and nesting dolls that i posted earlier today here, cause you always have the best in depth responses, and im a little confused. thanks! :)

sarahvma said:
Two girls here, I believe Hottie Cath and ZsaZsa run a site called "Beyond Imagination" which has some really fanatstic screencaps of just about all of the episodes, but since they cap entire episodes, you'll have to sift through.

I know that www.purejorja.net and www.jorjafox.net have shots of Sara which include other castmembers, and might shorten your search time.

Thank you very very much. Much Love <33

is that where they meant he was too late? that she opened herself up, but because he tried to change the subject, she kinda said 'well im attracted to what i cant have'....and thats why he looked sad?

I think that unfortunately for Grissom, Snakes was probably the scene where - you're right - it finally clicked that she didn't just happen to have a crush on him. He could've deluded himself into thinking that she wanted to be part of a better lab or whatever, but I don't even necessarily know that he would have been arrogant enough to believe that she'd only come to Vegas for him. And it was probably sad for him to think that after all of the time he spent assuming that her feelings were shallow, that he had, in fact, waited too long.

Or at least he thought so. Yeah - I think his "Let's..." was never meant to be finished. Just his complete loss for words - for once.

He basically had two options - he could have buried it, which would've ended GSR, because it would have said he didn't even want to deal with that. Or he was about to ask her out, in which case everything would've changed.

Sara could tell he was floundering, and she cut him off.

do you think he would ever have fired sara?

Simply put, no.

And the reason is this: because I don't think Grissom believes inter-office politics should determine who gets the job. Very few people agree (Ecklie being promoted proves that) but unless Sara's work lost its quality or she lost her dedication, I don't believe he'd fire her because she had an argument or was disrespectful.

More because Grissom would like to work in a vacuum and so I think he understood that Sara would as well.

In his mind, Sara's work should've been more than enough to keep her.

Looking at it straight from a professional angle, because from a personal one, the answer is just "No". lol.

I've stated my timeline a thousand times, but I'll just say this: if anything actually happened in Nesting Dolls, Grissom would be the world's biggest jerk for asking out another woman the next week.

Sara looks hurt, but she also doesn't look like someone who's just been lied to. Her expression is more of the "Nothing's changed" sadness.

Committed may have made Grissom emotionally ready, and Grave Danger is probably when he was actually given that shove to go do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back