World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

pilgrim said:
Oddest Decision: David Beckham, the England captain, decides to spend all his time on the right touchline, apparently marking the linesman.

^:lol: :lol:
Those were funny :)

Oh my, did you see Christiano's diving in the end of 1st half? oh man, when they showed it slowmotion, me and dad just burst to laugh :lol: :lol:
I'm not really fan of booing... despite the fact you may hate someone but booing is something... wrong.

OMG :eek: Our TV channel's (YLE) team..or the women in team had created Top 5 Hottest Men list (since they do all kinds of Top 5 lists, like best goals, best screw ups etc.) I swore they got the oldest players and less hair, the better :lol:

5. Zidane, 4. Del Pierro 3. Figo, 2. Ljungberg 1. Beckham

Men in studio said "oh well, juniors didn't get to that list. And obviously less hair was a good thing" :lol: :lol:

Those cute italians and THEY PICK DEL PIERRO!

Re: France vs Italy

RoosCSILover said:
France deserves to win the WC, and Germany the third place. :)

Right you are! Although I'm not supposed to like the French because I'm English, I still want them to win over Italy :devil:

YAYAYA! :D
Damn, I've been swearing at Schweinzeiger thru World Cup because I've thought his freekicks and corners have sucked big monkey balls but now two goals :D or kind of three. Felt sorry for Petit tho :(

But how pretty was that Figo's ass to Gomez? Pretty.
But Kahn should have kept his net clean. He'd deserved it.

<3 Jürgen Klinsman

Ohoh! Did you see!? Schumi was there too :D

Ahem... so tomorrow I shall cheer for the ref!

Congratulations, Germany! ;)

And congratulations Portugal. :D
To celebrate the 4th place, I'm going to drink some Porto's win... :lol: Yes, I love my beautiful little country... :p

congratulations germany!!!!! and now france, go on and win the world cup!!!!

Congratulations Germany ! you deserve your victory mans :)
And now, just one match : ALLEZ LES BLEUS !!! GO FRANCE !!!
We gonna be play with our white shirt , since the 1/8 we play with it and we win :D so ......

Yes, congratulation Germany, although I was for Portugal.

As for tomorrow, I'm for Italy all the way. Not that I don't like France, but they've won the Cup in '98.
And i will be nice to see if Italy will recieve a goal, and it doesn't count if one of their players makes it, AGAIN. :D

Hopefully, the match will be resolved in 90 minutes and that it won't come to penalty shoot-outs, because in that case, France wins! :D

DaWacko said:
Oh my, did you see Christiano's diving in the end of 1st half? oh man, when they showed it slowmotion, me and dad just burst to laugh :lol: :lol:
I know! And they keep repeating it and how he was looking at the referee even AS he was falling...it was kinda funny. He should have just shoot at the goal instead of trying to get freekicks and stuff :rolleyes:

5. Zidane, 4. Del Pierro 3. Figo, 2. Ljungberg 1. Beckham

Men in studio said "oh well, juniors didn't get to that list. And obviously less hair was a good thing" :lol: :lol:

Those cute italians and THEY PICK DEL PIERRO!
Del Piero's alright! He's still sexy without his hair ;) But, um, Ljungberg and Zidane? Okay...

Schweinsteiger - who would have thought?! It was his night. Awesome goals too, Ricardo couldn't do anything. It was a great match and I liked that everyone was in high spirits after the game. Nice sportsmanship all around.

Now for the final - Italy for me! :D

As always, it's sad to see the World Cup coming to an end but what a Final to be able to witness. News has it that at least 1.5 billion people will be tuned in to watch this "there can be only one" match off between France and Italy.

I've enjoyed this World Cup for the most part simply for the chance to watch all these wonderful players from around the globe, some familiar some not so familiar, take center stage on such an immense scale. The debutants were especially inspirational so kudos to them for their first outing.

So in the end we have "Le Bleus" vs the Azzurri. I'll go with the Azzurri provided they can play with the same swashbuckling albeit intelligent approach employed against the Germans.

Whomever wins, I just hope it's an entertaining Final worthy of a World Cup with no major injuries, no shocking referee decisions and some semblance of fair play. Best of luck to both France and Italy.

So Danke Germany for a tremendous hosting of The Beautiful Game 2006. Auf wiedersehen World Cup 2006 until 2010 in South Africa! :)

God, I'm always counting the hours :rolleyes: and I agree with you, TallyHo, thanks to the Germans, they organised a great WC !!!

ALLEZ LES BLEUS !

It is sad that it will all end tonight...but, the finals is something that we've all be waiting for all along. Especially since France and Italy are playing. And no one can say that they didn't deserve the finals. Italy was great this time, and they have great chances winning this Cup. Especially with all the fiasco in their league.

I wonder which team will change their jerseys...probably France.

Oh we have to wait 4 years everytime and then it is over again so quickly :(

Loved the game as always, there has been plenty of the good, the bad and the ugly involved.

England have again put me through the mill but I have survived, just about :eek:

As for tonight I really don't have a preference, I have said all along I would love to see Zidane retire by lifting the cup and that doesn't change, but I have been impressed with the Italians and wouldn't be sad to see them win, Cannavaro is absolutley immense :D

Just hope it's a great game of football :cool:

Transfer News

CRYonaldo wants to move to spain, ribery wants to come to play for a french manager, thers only two i can tihnk of :p, Sol Campbell has left arsenal, liz - youll laugh at this, Emily ( :lol: )Heskey moves to Wigan and says to McLaren..he wants to play for england again :lol: ..remember when he score 23 for the Reds ;)
chavski want to buy yet another striker, Carlos Tevez, hot young argie striker, Ruud might leave manure, ironically, he and CRYonaldo could join Reak Madrid, where CRYonaldo migt be playing....after their infamous "training ground fights"

klose might join michael owen at new utd, not bad, but i'd go for podolski, very young kid. promising too...

Congratulations Germany! Good match yesterday - nice goals. And tonight:
Go Italy! Buffon defuse them all! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back