Season 15 Spoiler Lab Discussion and Pics

Mark-Paul Gosselaar: Playing Serial-Killer Twins on 'CSI' Is 'a Release' (more at the link includinga video clip)

Sunday is the second of a four-episode arc on CSI, featuring Mark-Paul Gosselaar as the serial-killer twins, Jared Briscoe and Paul Winthrop. Fans of Gosselaar — who grew up on Zack Morris or watch him on Franklin & Bash or even think of him as John Clark from NYPD Blue — may not be ready to see how dark the actor gets in these roles.

In the season premiere, an old case came back to haunt Russell and Finlay (Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue). Five years prior, they put away the Gig Harbor Killer in Washington state, but now a copycat is recreating those murders in Vegas. They discover the killer, Jared Briscoe, has a well-to-do identical twin, Paul Winthrop. The brothers use each other to cast doubt on the old case and work to get Briscoe free.

Yahoo TVspoke with Gosselaar about why he's willing to take on such grim roles, how much of it he takes home with him, and whether his twins could take Mary-Kate and Ashley in a fight.

How has the experience been?
Great! Great cast. I've known Ted [Danson] for a while, but to work with him is a joy. He's such a professional, genuine actor. Yeah, great crew, and the scripts have been really good, so I can't complain.

Every actor who plays a villain says, "Yeah, but they don't see themselves as a villain." But the guys you're playing are tearing out people's guts and making CSI tools out of them. So… maybe they think they're a little bit bad? As an actor, how do you play that?
I think these guys know they're bad, and they actually don't mind being bad. There's obviously something wrong with them, but I think they truly enjoy what they're doing. They're sociopaths. It's kind of fun for me, maybe because you make a lot of different choices; some of them you get away with, some of them, the director says no, that's not going to work.

But with characters like this, you just throw things at the wall and see what sticks. There is no right or wrong way to play these guys because I can't relate to anything they do. So, you kind of just play around and leave it up to the director to cut together.
What's the most fun you've had shooting so far?

One scene we just played last week, which will air probably in thethird episode… was a scene between both Paul and Jared. They're both twins in the same room talking together — that was kind of a challenge.

Is it something you take home with you? Have you had any nightmares, or can you leave it all back on the set?
[Laughs.] Nah. It's probably a release for me. I go on set, and I get to take out all my aggressions on the victims and on Ted. The only thing I take back from this are probably the tattoos they put on me because they're kind of a pain in the ass to take off.
---------------​
Press Release for 15x09 "Let's Make A Deal"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES A MURDER AT CLARK COUNTY JAIL AFTER AN INMATE STUMBLES UPON A BODY WHILE RUNNING AWAY FROM OFFICERS, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” SUNDAY, DEC. 7

Let’s Make a Deal” – The CSI team investigates a murder at Clark County jail after an inmate stumbles upon a body while running away from officers, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Sunday, Dec. 7 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
Elisabeth Shue (Julie Finlay)
George Eads (Nick Stokes)
Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
Robert David Hall (Dr. Robbins)
David Berman (David Phillips)
Wallace Langham (David Hodges)
Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)
Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)

GUEST CAST:

Marc Vann (Conrad Ecklie)
Derek Webster (FBI Agent Parker)
Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
Grant Harvey (Pete McCrone)
Ryan Devlin (Det. Carl Brenner)
Rich Ceraulo (Officer Elliot Woo)
Anthony “Treach” Criss (Lincoln Mayfield)
Charles Baker (Denny Morrison)
David Dean Bottrell (Bruce Grady)
Jeremiah Birkett (Wilbur Tandy)
Bryan Friday (Prison Guard)
Nolan Gross (9 Year Old Pete)

WRITTEN BY: Elizabeth Devine

DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum

Susan

Last edited:
Exclusive: George Eads to Exit CSI After 15 Seasons

CSI is losing another veteran team member.

George Eads, who has played the role of CSI Nick Stokes since the series' pilot, will exit the show at the conclusion of the current season, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively. Sources say Eads' departure was amicable and that his character's exit will be connected to the resolution of the Gig Harbor Killer case. However, it remains unclear exactly how his character will be written out of the series.

Eads had no official statement about his departure.

Eads, who took an extended leave of absence last season after a behind-the-scenes dustup, is the last remaining original cast member on the show. His exit follows those of William Petersen and Gary Dourdan (Season 9), Marg Helgenberger (Season 12) and Paul Guilfoyle, who ended his run last season. Jorja Fox, who is a regular in the current cast, joined the series in its second episode and made only recurring appearances during Seasons 9 and 10.

Both Eads and Fox were temporarily fired from the show in 2004 after they failed to show up to set at the beginning of Season 5 as part of a reported salary dispute. Eads maintained that he simply overslept. Both were eventually reinstated into the cast.

CBS recently trimmed CSI's order for this season to 18 episodes to make room for spin-off CSI:Cyber as well as other midseason dramas. Sources say Eads' exit is unrelated to the episode order and neither have any impact on the possibility for future seasons.

CSI airs Sundays at 10/9c on CBS. Will you be sad to see Eads and Nick go?

Susan

Noooooo!!! I'm not surprised though - the writers don't give him anything to do.

I hope they don't have the Gig Harbor kill him, because Nick has nothing to do with him - that is a DB/Finn storyline, not a Nick one.

Oh, No!!! Not Nick! Seriously, if Nick/George is really going to leave the show, I'm not sure I will keep watching it. Well, there seems to be no "if" :(

I think it's clear that CSI is coming to an end.

I hope Nick gets promoted or something :)

Oh, No!!! Not Nick! Seriously, if Nick/George is really going to leave the show, I'm not sure I will keep watching it. Well, there seems to be no "if" :(

I think it's clear that CSI is coming to an end.

I hope Nick gets promoted or something :)

I think CSI will get a final a season 16 (final season ?) or they wouldn't have announced George Eads exit... They probably want to save some money. CSI still makes them earn huge money worldwide. That's still one of the most watched and lucrative show in the world...

I just hope Nick will get a good ending ! I just hope they'll bring some original cast members back as guest stars next season... I really want a good final season with everyone back for the end.

monketsharona, neither CBS nor George announced his leaving at the end of the season. TV Guide just happened to find out about it and print it. That said, I also think there's at least one more season. They've announced the final season of "The Mentalist" and they've announced the final season of "2 and a Half Men", they can certainly announce a final season on "CSI"
----------​

I hope they don't have the Gig Harbor kill him, because Nick has nothing to do with him - that is a DB/Finn storyline, not a Nick one.
I have faith in George and I don't think he will let them kill Nick!
----------​

TV Guide - Ank Matt

Question: I just read that George Eads will be leaving CSI, and that his departure will have something to do with the Gig Harbor killer. After all these years, George Eads is what kept me watching a show that is no longer what it used to be. I think it would be a shame if they have the Gig Harbor killer kill him, considering he has nothing to do with that character. Any idea how he will leave? — Connie

Matt Roush: Haven't a clue, and I'm sure you know I wouldn't tell you if I did. (This week's reminder that this is not a column of spoilers whenever I can help it.) But since his departure now won't be a surprise, I doubt Nick will be requiring last rites when all is said and done. A well-liked character with this sort of longevity and fan base deserves a hero's exit, don't you think? (Which, now that I put that thought out there, often requires a sacrifice of some sort. Hmmm.) Still, as long as he goes out on a dramatic high note, I imagine I'll be OK with it.

Susan

Press release - 15x10 "Dead Rails"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE BIZARRE DEATH OF A MAN WHO WAS KILLED NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” SUNDAY, DEC. 14

“The Talk’s” Sharon Osbourne Guest Stars as Elise Massey,
The Manager of a Billiards Championship

“Dead Rails” – The CSI team investigates the bizarre death of a man who was killed not once, but twice, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Sunday, Dec. 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. THE TALK’s Sharon Osbourne guest stars as Elise Massey, the manager of a billiards championship.

REGULAR CAST:

Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)

GUEST CAST:

Alimi Ballard (Detective Kevin Crawford)
Christopher Atkins (Jimmy Turelli)
Alexandra Holden (Mary Haymond)
Sharon Osbourne (Elise Massey)
Melanie Liburd (Natalie Barrow)
Laura Slade Wiggins (Zoe Tate)
Bernard Curry (Cal Tate)
Jonathan Stanton (Chinese Man)

WRITTEN BY: Gavin Harris

DIRECTED BY: Frank Waldeck
---------------​

Really!!! :klingon:

TV Guide - Mega Buzz

So sad George Eads is leaving CSI. Can you tell me anything else about his exit? — Jean

Even though Nick's exit from the show will be connected to the Gig Harbor Killer case, fans shouldn't necessarily assume that Nick will be killed off. In fact, I hear that there are happier story options still in contention. But just as the CSI circle of life takes a character away it also brings one back... sort of. A winter episode will feature the return of Nate Haskell! Even though the long-running serial killer is dead, I hear that an upcoming episode about murder memorabilia will bring up old memories of the notorious murderer's work.

Can't we skip the Nate Haskell part of that one? :klingon:

(TV Guide answered 2 "CSI" questions in one week! :shifty: :alienblush: )

Susan

Last edited:
I could live with him being injured, going back to Texas to recuperate then being tagged to head up the Dallas lab. :thumbsup:

Or...Catherine takes him to Quantico with her! :eek:

As long as he's not killed off! :scream:

I could live with him being injured, going back to Texas to recuperate then being tagged to head up the Dallas lab. :thumbsup:

Or...Catherine takes him to Quantico with her! :eek:

As long as he's not killed off! :scream:

It could be a way to bring back Catherine for a guest spot... Marg always said she'd like to return for one or two episodes !

Press Release - 15x11 "Angle of Attack"

THE CSI’s INVESTIGATION OF AN APPARENT HIT AND RUN LEADS THEM INTO THE WORLD OF AERONAUTICS, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” SUNDAY, DEC. 21

“Angle of Attack” – The CSI’s investigation of the victim of an apparent hit and run leads them into the world of aeronautics, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Sunday, Dec. 21 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/10:00-11:00 PM, PT), on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)

GUEST CAST:

Alimi Ballard (Detective Kevin Crawford)
Tamara Feldman (Amanda Brewer)
Matt Letscher (Major Bernard Mills)
Virginia Williams (Claudia Mason)
Arjun Gupta (Captain Jack Ferris)
Cuyle Carvin (Captain Holland)
Amanda Troop (Secretary)
Robert Romanus (Taxi Driver)

WRITTEN BY: M. Scott Veach

DIRECTED BY: Kevin Bray

Susan

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-dates-for-battle-creek-and-csi-cyber/335798/

Cyber Premieres Wednesday, March 4 at 10:00 PM.

Little shock for me.

It means that season finale for 15th season of CSI will be 22.02.2015.

Actually 18 comes out to February 8th. The extra 2 weeks are probably for possible football over-runs (there's 2 double header Sundays in December).

They also changed their original plans. Obviously they don't want Cyber getting the poor Sunday night ratings! :( The original plan was for Cyber to be on Sunday nights after "CSI" finished it's run. :scream: That pisses me off - they don't care about "CSI" but Cyber's got to get the better night! (not that I'm going to watch Cyber or "CSI" once George is gone.)

Susan

Back