Season 15 Spoiler Lab Discussion and Pics

Without asking you to give anything away, I must ask - did this episode give you hope that GSR might be fixed? I am assuming you are still a GSR fan? I am dying to know if I am the only one who felt a jolt of optimism. I haven't seen the episode but someone posted a Sara Quote that made me wonder.

There seem to be hints here and there (both in this episode and Bad Blood) that Sara's reconsidering their separation/divorce and is sad about it, but they are so vague and open to interpretation that the writers could be just putting lines there to keep us happy (yep, still a GSR fan, love them). She's been in danger so many times in the last 10-15 episodes that she should have mentioned Grissom at least once but she didn't.

I'm still certain it will be fixed by the end of the show, but I don't like the way they're handling it right now. At least Sara looks more like herself this season, unlike the last one.

p.s. You should watch it! :)

There seem to be hints here and there (both in this episode and Bad Blood) that Sara's reconsidering their separation/divorce and is sad about it, but they are so vague and open to interpretation that the writers could be just putting lines there to keep us happy (yep, still a GSR fan, love them). She's been in danger so many times in the last 10-15 episodes that she should have mentioned Grissom at least once but she didn't.

I'm still certain it will be fixed by the end of the show, but I don't like the way they're handling it right now. At least Sara looks more like herself this season, unlike the last one.

p.s. You should watch it! :)
I haven't watched an episode since FGMN and won't until they fix GSR. Buut, if they do fix GSR I will go back and watch every episode I missed:)

I'm confused. So they rescheduled the episodes and moved them to new dates, but some of us could watch GGW anyway. Does that mean we have to wait until you guys living in the East could watch them? :confused:

I haven't watched an episode since FGMN and won't until they fix GSR. Buut, if they do fix GSR I will go back and watch every episode I missed:)

I share your frustration, but it's a different show now (I don't watch anymore either) every time they try and touch the story lines of original characters they basically set them on fire then leave them to burn.

I miss the original stories that I used to follow every week (GSR being the main one..) and it's difficult to accept that this new show with awful characters is canon in the same universe as that old show I loved. It's like watching it die while it's still alive.

I'm confused. So they rescheduled the episodes and moved them to new dates, but some of us could watch GGW anyway. Does that mean we have to wait until you guys living in the East could watch them? :confused:

No CBS station across the United States should have aired "Girls Gone Wilder" either of the last 2 weeks. This Sunday at (or around) 10pm it should be considered a "first run" episode.

Basically the network (CBS) considers it that "Girls Gone Wilder" has not aired in the U.S. because they told the local stations not to air it. So yes, you're going to have to wait until all the the U.S. gets to see the episode because none of the U.S. should have seen the episode on CBS television.

Susan

JorjaFoxFan said:
I share your frustration, but it's a different show now (I don't watch anymore either) every time they try and touch the story lines of original characters they basically set them on fire then leave them to burn.

I miss the original stories that I used to follow every week (GSR being the main one..) and it's difficult to accept that this new show with awful characters is canon in the same universe as that old show I loved. It's like watching it die while it's still alive.
You nailed it. I may have said that I’d watch again if they fix GSR but the sad truth is I have trouble reconciling the Grissom of my memory with the present day version of Sara or Robosara as I call her.

I realize CSI has been having to scrimp and save these past couple of years which is why all their cases now are one case episodes as opposed to the two case episodes we so loved. I’ll ignore that it makes 3rd shift appear to be ineffectual and incompetent if it takes 6 people to solve a case, but, that the CSIs themselves (mainly the women it seems) more often than not are directly involved in the case and then have to investigate their own case is mind boggingly ridiculous. IMO it has become slightly cartoonish.

One last thing, and maybe I am wrong about this, but in the earlier years the writers were not afraid to portray the CSIs as flawed. They didn’t always get along, they called each other out on crap, they made mistakes. Their relationships seemed much more realistic as opposed to today where everyone gets along all the time and there is never any disagreement.

Sadly, I cannot picture Grissom or Catherine having any place in this version of CSI.

Press Release - 15x08 "Rubbery Homicide

THE CSI TEAM DELVES INTO THE KINKY WORLD OF “RUBBER DOLLS” WHEN THEY INVESTIGATE THE MURDER OF A MAN STABBED IN AN ALLEY, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” SUNDAY, NOV. 30

“Rubbery Homicide” – The CSI team delves into the kinky world of “rubber dolls” when they investigate the murder of a man stabbed in an alley, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Sunday, Nov. 30 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET 10:00-11:00 PM, PT), on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
Elisabeth Shue (Julie Finlay)
George Eads (Nick Stokes)
Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
Robert David Hall (Dr. Robbins)
David Berman (David Phillips)
Wallace Langham (David Hodges)
Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)
Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)

GUEST CAST:

Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
Richard Gilliland (Stan Brock / Charlene Living Doll)
Jane Adams (Belinda Goff)
Danielle Donn (Charlene Brock)
Kyle S. More (Violet “Living Doll”)
Michael Blackman Beck (Red “Living Doll”)
Josh Wingate (Clay Miller (Shadow Figure)
Mark Wagner (Nelson Kern (Charlene)
Callard Harris (Jonah Brock)
Margo Harshman (April Brock)
Terrell Tilford (Adrian Graham)

WRITTEN BY: Tom Mularz

DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

Susan

One last thing, and maybe I am wrong about this, but in the earlier years the writers were not afraid to portray the CSIs as flawed. They didn’t always get along, they called each other out on crap, they made mistakes. Their relationships seemed much more realistic as opposed to today where everyone gets along all the time and there is never any disagreement.

Sadly, I cannot picture Grissom or Catherine having any place in this version of CSI.
While I agree with you, I think the earliest years of CSI achieved this quite well, whereas later on, when they wrote Sara as somewhat psychotic and jealous of Sofia (I've been rewatching these episodes lately), that bothered me every bit as much. The guys, by and large, got along pretty well, but in conventional TV writing, it's always the women who are written as catty and unable to work together ... when in real life, it's generally the opposite. I think what we saw before was more of a true professional relationship amongst the CSIs, whereas now they act like they all have to be best buddies. Again, not a very believable representation of the workplace.

It's sad that CSI is not what it once was ... but then, it hasn't been that for a very long time. IMO, that was true even before William Petersen left. Seasons 5 and 6 had stories and plot/character devices that bothered me, but even then it was vastly superior to what we see now. This seems to be something that all successful shows go through. They've run out of original ideas, and now they're just recycling. It's an unfortunate disservice to those still working on the show, and to those of us still trying to watch. I had pretty much given up, but hubby still keeps recording new episodes, so we still watch them. But we're enjoying the older episodes far more.

No CBS station across the United States should have aired "Girls Gone Wilder" either of the last 2 weeks. This Sunday at (or around) 10pm it should be considered a "first run" episode.

Basically the network (CBS) considers it that "Girls Gone Wilder" has not aired in the U.S. because they told the local stations not to air it. So yes, you're going to have to wait until all the the U.S. gets to see the episode because none of the U.S. should have seen the episode on CBS television.

Susan

I see. This is why I haven't commented on the episode yet as I wanted to wait until everyone in the U.S. could watch it. It was available online.

There were a lot of things I disliked about the past two seasons, but even so, it still makes me sad that this is the final season of CSI :(. I know nothing has been confirmed yet, but considering the situation the show is in (the crappy time-slot on Sundays, ratings dropping really low, news reports saying that it's likely to be cancelled etc.) there's nothing to make me believe that CBS will renew it either. I really think this is the end.

Also, I still doubt we're going to see Grissom before the show ends, but I would love to be wrong.

Well if someone talk about Grissom it means that this season could be final. And it such a shame cause I like the episodes a lot... But this time slot yhh...

Well if someone talk about Grissom it means that this season could be final. And it such a shame cause I like the episodes a lot... But this time slot yhh...

I kinda agree, that's sad because season 15 is better than seasons 13 ans 14 so far..

I hope they'll renew the series for at least a 12-13 episodes season next year, like they did for The Mentalist, to conclude the show properly. CSI deserves it !

The tweet about Grissom was part of a joke. Here it is with the rest of the conversation. The writers joked that Avery Ryan (Patricia Arquette's character) might be the Gig Harbor killer, so Jon Wellner followed up by wondering if it could be Henry. The writers' room just came back and joked that it could be Grissom. So it's not a serious conversation about him coming back or anything like that. :)

(I mean, I seriously doubt they'd put that twist in the storyline. :lol:)

Back