Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

ETA: I just Tweeted the writers to ask about Flack's father's name. They only way they could spin this and have it be even remotely believable is if they are named "Henry Donald or Don-whatever Flack" and both go by Don. And that is a stretch.

Actually, that's not such a stretch. My grandfather's name was F and my father's name was T F, but he always goes by F, so people could have thought he was F jnr, when he wasn't.

What's more of a possibility would be that Flack's father was officially Donald Henry, goes by Henry, and named his son Donald - making him Don Flack Jnr.
(again, I have relatives where that happened!)

CSI: NY Exclusive: Meet Lindsay's Charmed Dad

Get More: Casting News,
Exclusive Matt Webb Mitovich Witchy women Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell share something in common with CSI: NY‘s

Lindsay Messer. James Read, who played the Charmed girls’ mortal maker, has been cast on the CBS crime drama as Lindsay’s father, TVLine has learned exclusively. Robert Monroe will be introduced in the eighth episode of Season 9, airing in mid-November, when Lindsay returns home to Montana to visit her dad and deal with some issues from her past.

PHOTO |

CSI: NY First Look: Check Out a Fresh Messer Family Portrait – New Lucy Included! In addition to playing Charmed‘s Victor Bennett, Read’s TV credits include American Dreams, ABC Family’s Wildfire, all three North and South miniseries and Remington Steele. RELATED | Preview: CSI: NY Serves Up ‘Fun’ Days Off, Temptation for Flack and… a New Messer?

CSI: NY is currently airing its ninth season Fridays at 9/8c, having returned to its familiar time slot.

source : http://tvline.com/2012/10/17/csi-ny...d/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

ETA: I just Tweeted the writers to ask about Flack's father's name. They only way they could spin this and have it be even remotely believable is if they are named "Henry Donald or Don-whatever Flack" and both go by Don. And that is a stretch.

Actually, that's not such a stretch. My grandfather's name was F and my father's name was T F, but he always goes by F, so people could have thought he was F jnr, when he wasn't.

What's more of a possibility would be that Flack's father was officially Donald Henry, goes by Henry, and named his son Donald - making him Don Flack Jnr.
(again, I have relatives where that happened!)

Didn't think about that or the Donald Henry thing. Both make sense so I hope that's what they've done.

‘CSI: NY’: Expect the Unexpected for Season 9

by Paulette Cohn | October 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM | CSI: NY, Fall TV Preview 2012

With eight seasons under its belt, “CSI: NY” is shaking things up in Season 9 with special episodes in November sweeps that take us home with team members on their days off, and in an episode, airing Friday night, featuring music from Green Day to narrate the dialogue-free action sequences.

“This year, we are doing the unexpected. We are taking the characters to an unexpected place in their personal lives and the stories to an unexpected place,” executive producer Pam Veasey told xfinityTV in an exclusive interview.

She has kept that promise — and Friday night’s “Unspoken” episode, which features less dialogue than usual — hence the title — lets the music tell a big part of the story. “Unspoken” features five songs — four of them world premieres — “Stop When The Red Lights Flash,” “Amy,” “Night Life,” “The Forgotten” and “Kill The DJ” from the recently released Green Day ¡UNO!, and the upcoming albums Green Day ¡DOS! and Green Day ¡TRÉ!.

“I already had the idea about what I wanted to write about,” says Veasey. “I didn’t know when I started writing which band. I was listening to music, but I had ideas about the scenes and how I wanted the story to unfold. Then I met with Amy Osler of CBS Studios, who deals with all our music. I said to her, ‘I want to do a show where we don’t have a lot of dialogue, where music drives it and I want one band.’”

That band turned out to be Green Day and the results speak for themselves. But there is also a case to be solved as the CSIs race to catch a shooter after Lindsay (Anna Belknap) is injured during the attempted murder of a political candidate (guest star Neal McDonough).

Here is what else Veasey has to say about the Friday night episode and what we can look forward to in November sweeps:

My favorite beat of the “Unspoken” storyline is the fact that a drawing made by Lindsay’s daughter changed her fate.

The shooter’s weakness is children. He has what I call a dual heart. One that is filled with rage from the accusation that propels him forward to do such a stupid thing; and another where he feels he is standing up for children. That is his weakness; his soft spot, which is why it tears him up to find out that a little girl was shot with the gun he threw into the dumpster.

But the story seemed to have a bigger message: How the small things we do can have big repercussions.

Absolutely. Every scene was about that. It was in dropping the gun in the trash bin, the picture on Lindsay’s lap, it was Mac (Gary Sinise) dealing with his own problem with aphasia, it was the senator who didn’t keep track of something. The small things you don’t pay attention to, or do pay attention to. It was a chain of events. It wasn’t in their face threatening them, so they didn’t think a step further of the consequences.

Can you talk about how Mac’s aphasia storyline is going to play out? Will he tell Christine? Try to tough it out himself?

He is dealing with it, obviously, after getting shot last year. We brought him back and he looked healthy at the end of the episode because we didn’t know whether we would be returning, or that would be the finale of our series. We wanted an uplifting visual of our family together. It is really a beautiful freeze frame at the end of that episode last year.
But this year, we are so pleased and thankful to return, we decided we would let Mac live with a little of an aftermath of being shot in the back. We decided to start this aphasia story. He is who he is. Mac struggles with his own weaknesses. He doesn’t like to share them. He thinks he can overcome them so he is struggling doing this alone, despite the advice he gets from everyone. He will keep it secret for a while, then he expands to sharing it. Others will know it and then he will recover.

We have started seeing more personal time in the lives of our CSIs — Lindsay and Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) at the event where she is injured, Jo (Sela Ward) with her long-distance boyfriend (Peter Horton), Mac and Christine (Megan Dodds). How do you feel that is working for you? Will that continue?

To be honest, those are just little snippets of the real thing we are doing. The first episode that shows really going home is Episode 5 and it is a story that centers around Eddie Cahill’s character Don Flack. When we say going home, every character has a day off and you spend time with them on their day off. I think the audience will really respond because you get to learn things about them, see what happens to them, and what they do on their days off. There is one for Sid (Robert Joy) and Adam (AJ Buckley) and everybody.

We hinted at it with Jo and a past relationship in Episode 3 and Mac and Christine. We have a lot of Danny and Lindsay this year doing things that parents do on their off hours. But the bigger stories you will see going forward after Episode 5. Big chunks, where we really take time to spend with a character.

But there is still a case of the week?

Always. That is what we do.

Will the case tie in to what they are doing?

No, it is like two stories. It is an organic way to leave that case. We put a little mystery into their story so it is not that you watch them do their laundry, like I do on my day off. We give a little mystery; we make it intriguing. We want the audience to go, “Am I thinking what I am thinking?” There is a bit of mystery even in the personal stories that we leave the crime stories for.

What do you have coming up for November sweeps?

We spent a lot of time in New York, so in those episodes you will see that we were in Yankee Stadium, we were on the High Line in New York City, we were in Central Park at Turtle Pond and Belvedere Castle, and the Odeon Café. We were all over New York City. Shows five through eight are filled with great New York stories at iconic New York places.

Any guest stars coming up?

We have no guest stars coming up. We just finished Peter Horton. He may or may not come back along with Sydney Park, who played Jo’s adopted daughter. We have great visuals and great New York stories. Other than doing the family story, the day off story with our team, we wanted to go back to some iconic visuals of New York, which is why we end up in all these places.

Any chance that you will be back for Season 10?

Did you just ask that?

It seems to be going well this season.

I know, doesn’t it? We are back in our 9 p.m. slot and we did tremendously well. We will do what we always do. We will write this season. They will either tell us we are complete or not. We will plan a season-ender that will bring some closure and satisfaction if we should not return, but also leave the window of opportunity if we should return. We don’t write our season as if we are ending. We go into it as if it is forever. We are pretty experienced at living on the bubble.

Source: http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/10/18/csi-ny-expect-the-unexpected-for-season-9/

Thanks for sharing all the latest interviews :) here,s hoping for a season 10 3rd time lucky an all that lol.

Anyone have a link for the CBS extended preview? On the main page, im in the UK and cant watch the one thats posted :-(

Wow great interview, it gives us just enough to keep us guessing. I am so glad that S9 is going so well. Tonights ep looks really good, and it also looks like us Adam fans will be seeing more of him tonight. So thank you PTB for that one. I have to admit I am curious about the personal storylines they have lined up for the characters. From the three I have watched they have really stepped up their game for this season.

My only request is to finally have some of the pieces to Adams past revealed it has always been a open and very cloudy storyline. The most we know is Adam dad was a "bully" but I know that in the last ep he said that he could'nt imagine going halfway across the country to escape his home life(something along that line). But can I assume that in one way he did just that, I mean he left Arizona and moved to NYC.

Last edited:
CSI: NY Puts One Life to Live Vets David and Melissa Fumero to Work

— Exclusive Details BY MEGAN MASTERS

Get More: Casting News, Daytime TV, Exclusive, Scoop Onetime One Life to Live stars (and real-life marrieds) David and Melissa Fumero have landed separate-but-equally juicy CSI: NY guest spots — and TVLine has the exclusive details. David, whose gig was first reported by Soaps In Depth, will appear in a late-November installment of the CBS procedural as Benny, one of Detective Lovato’s (Natalie Martinez) contacts from her days as an undercover narcotics agent. Unfortunately, her new gig with the homicide squad ends up inadvertently putting Benny’s life on the line. Melissa, meanwhile, will drop by in December as Michelle, a very good friend of A.J. Buckley’s Adam. (Read into that “very” what you will.) RELATED | Inside CSI: NY‘s Nearly-Silent Artist-ic Episode, What It Means for Flack, Mac and the Messers Melissa’s most recent TV credits include a recurring role on Gossip Girl and a Royal Pains appearance, while David stuck around Llanview to help close out OLTL, where he met his future wife. (They tied the knot in December 2007.) CSI: NY, currently in its ninth season, airs Fridays at 9/8c.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/10/19/csi-ny...o/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

Anna Belknap is in for quite a day -- fueled largely by Green Day -- on "CSI: NY."

Now back in its former time slot after CBS' quick benching of "Made in Jersey," the crime procedural airs a new episode Friday (Oct. 19) that's a big gamble for a TV drama: A sizable chunk of the story has no dialogue. Largely new music by the Grammy-winning Green Day functions as "narration," as forensic police detective Lindsay Monroe Messer (Belknap) is hurt in the frenzy following an attempt on a politician's (guest star Neal McDonough) life.

Appropriately subtitled "Unspoken," the tale posed built-in challenges for Belknap and such other "CSI: NY" stars as Gary Sinise and Sela Ward. "When I was reading the script, I didn't realize it would be the debut of all this music," Belknap tells Zap2it of the included tunes from "Green Day ¡Dos!" (to be released Nov. 13) and "Green Day ¡Tre!" (coming Jan. 15). "I was looking on the Internet, and I was like, 'I can't find these anywhere!'

"We didn't have a chance to know what it was going to sound like, but it's peppered all through the first two acts. There's no dialogue, and it was the biggest challenge for Pam (Veasey, one of the show's executive producers), who wrote the episode ... or didn't write the episode, as the case may be. She managed to get a lot across with looks and unspoken communication between people."

Still, there couldn't be a "CSI: NY" episode that didn't have any dialogue at all about bullet trajectory, blood type and so forth. "That kicks in a little later," Belknap confirms, "but Pam manages a lot of exposition just with the looks between the actors."

And for the actors, who also included several children, it wasn't as easy as one might think to do the job without having to memorize lines. "I kept catching myself saying things," muses Belknap, "ad-libbing them by accident. When you come up to your husband and daughter, you just want to say, 'Hey!' It was kind of hard not to."

Actually, like mime Marcel Marceau getting the one spoken word in Mel Brooks' "Silent Movie," Belknap gets to utter the single line said in the "CSI: NY" story's first two acts.

"We're at a big political rally, and Lindsay's daughter Lucy wanders off. Pam said, 'I couldn't justify a mom not knowing where her child went and not screaming her name to find her.' So there is one moment where I say, 'Lucy!,' but even that is pretty much drowned out by whatever is happening on the stage at the rally."

A "CSI: NY" co-star since its second season, Belknap is pleased the series -- now in its ninth year -- is devoting increased time to its characters' personal lives, as with Friday's rare chance to see Lindsay as a parent.

"You're getting to see more of what these people are like when they're not at work," says the real-life mother of two. "it just adds to the whole imaginative part of the show, if you can picture where these people are when they're not at the crime lab."
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz

source: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-to-be-released-tracks-provide-narration.html

Last edited:
Things are looking good here for CSI:NY. The more I read the spoiler stuff the more it sounds like a great season. I totally agree with Anna about the personal storylines, I think it will give already beloved characters more depth. It is also great to see them more out of the lab as well.

Looking forward to seeing Adam "very close friend" Michelle. I am also looking forward to finding out more about Lovato mysterious undercover work when she worked narcotics.

I saw tonight's episode this past Wednesday and I have a feeling the reactions will be completely polarizing. It's a really awkward episode.

we getta meet a 'very' close friend of Adam's im sooo freakin' excited to get a feel on that part of his life because Adam is the very best lab tech and he needs to be in the show more Michelle sounds very intriguing she's attractive too

im quite loving this season soo glad they were able to have one and here's to wishing for season 10... or at least hitting the 200 episode mark it would stink my fave CSI not having a 200th episode but I cant hate

I’ve got mixed feelings about the CSI: NY silent episode but I think this season has been good so far. — John

Thanks for your comment! I hope there was also an invisible scoop request in there somewhere because I have something fun I want to share! When I spoke with EP Pam Veasey about said silent hour, she spilled on plans to do a “special episode that involves a Parker Brothers Game.” Take a moment to absorb that. “We decided to do a lot of fun things this year and really take our characters on a ride and try new things and storytelling,” she says. And while she declined to share any more specifics on the exact game, I toss it to you, gang. ARE WE GOING TO GET A CLUE EPISODE?!? (Would Psych be jealous?) Or will there be a curve ball? Monopoly, perhaps? Maybe even a Ouija board?

source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/22/s...ny-find-out-whats-next-in-the-spoiler-room/2/

Back