"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 28, 2006.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i don't like it only to be about the science, because the science on the show is dumbed down and lame...

but the GSR storyline is even lamer...the only hints i have seen is sara pathetically chasing grissom and him shooting her down...plus they don't have an chemisty, i mean, 2 shy, emotionally reserved people don't work together

2. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Yeah, if I'm pure objective, I'll give this eppy a 75 points-----the case is so-so, not bad, not good either. but to those who've waitted GSR for 6 years, I think it's not out of line to throw them a bone.....I'm one of them, GSR doesn't effect the science at all, it's just a spice.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It was a great episode and a lot of it was pretty light hearted considering. The ending I personally loved because I didn't see coming, I didn't see anything soap opera about it either, I mean its not something the viewers are used to, espeically in a season that has been less peronal but then the last, but I'm glad for a bit of love...its a nice change :)

4. curtainonfloor

curtainonfloor Police Officer

Amen. You summed up my thoughts perfectly. If this show just jumped the shark because of all the drama and "soap-opera", than CSI jumped the shark a long, long time ago.

ETA:

Um...okay... Speak for yourself. And on the chemistry thing, i don't want a fight or anything, i'm just curious to how you saw absolutly no chemisty in that last scene? Nothing at all? If someone looked at you like that, you wouldn't jump him?

5. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I agree with you 100%. Why? because is not like they do in it on the lab or getting married! It was just... looks. And by the way if it does become a soap opera I wouldnt care as long as is this two!! :D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<<i don't like it only to be about the science, because the science on the show is dumbed down and lame...

but the GSR storyline is even lamer...the only hints i have seen is sara pathetically chasing grissom and him shooting her down...plus they don't have an chemisty, i mean, 2 shy, emotionally reserved people don't work together

-------------------->>

I can totally respect your perspective on how compatible/not it is. I just can't stand this ridiculous "any attraction is soap opera."

Incidentally, though, similar people are scientifically more compatible than opposites. The same level of emotional reservation may seem like it'd never go anywhere, but an outgoing person + emotionally reserved person could very easily create conflict, because of the difference in life perspective and being "pushed" into being more open.

I don't think GSR are OMG!SOHOT, but I don't think they're any less compatible than the other pairings. There are good and bad aspects of each. with GSR, you're right, they're a bit reserved and nobody's really making drastic moves. However, they're similarly isolated (remember the episode where Sara saw similarities between herself and the woman who met the prison worker by ordering from home catalogs?) and they work well together.

With Grissom and Catherine, they've known each other for a while and there's mutual respect. Just the same, she's an incredibly bold person and I can easily see that intimidating rather than attracting Grissom.

Greg and Sara was popular a while back, and the same good/bad analysis applies. Greg clearly liked her and found her attractive and would quite likely treat her well. But her seriousness vs. his constant clowning around could cause conflict.

I could go on with every fan couple in existence, but I think I've made my point. There are reasons EVERY pairing doesn't work, but there are also reasons that they might. I don't think Sara/Grissom is any better or worse than any of the other pairings in that regard.

But my beef was not with thinking Sara/Grissom was incompatible. I really don't care. I'm not a shipper. My beef was with people having fits over there being faint romantic elements.

EDIT: By "work well together," I meant that, IMHO, they complement each other when they work on cases together. Wasn't making a romantic judgment.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AGREEMENT- ;)I thought the eppy was A-OK- not great- but had it moments- Greg as always funny- and Brass stellar performance- Nick so cute :p thwe smile he has---Cath the same-she gets her digs & comments in--and no matter which way you slice/dice it- or are up in arms about G/S --there's strong camraderie/chemistry there-alwasy has been- not to SHIP but I think Grissom is finally coming to terms of what's important-to him----their look's sizzled--and the smiles- :pand on it being a "soap" isn't Horatio getting married-? on Miami-- :eek:so why can't this happen on Vegas--- anyway look's like the "finale" will be another "Grave Danger'and I LOL on Gris saying "and stay away from my tin-foil" :lol:

Just wanted to ask WHY were so mnay fans so thrilled when LH was on in "POTTR" and that was so "cool" and in 6 years she was only in 3 episodes- and where is she now- oh, I know on the O.C.(Melinda Clarke) and will NOT be in the finale- and 3 times in 6 years a relationship does not make :rolleyes:- and I always felt LH was a curiosty/novelty/fascination for Grissom - not a real LOVE interest-and now when the other lady has his interest- people are freaking out---and they have been working together for 6 years-- :eek: just a question?-and when I first watched this show I was as well interested in just the science DNA-forensics-but as time went on one becomes attached to the characters- it's just human nature to see people attracted to one another- :pand that's a wrap ;)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<<and on it being a "soap" isn't Horatio getting married-? on Miami-- so why can't this happen on Vegas->>

That he is - and a week ago there was the entire Stella/psychotic boyfriend storyline, with sex footage! Without a Trace had Jack/Samantha and then Jack/wife/divorce/. Cold Case had Lily/sister/mother drama, as well as Lily's continuing romantic failures overall. NYPD Blue had romantic elements, The Shield often has sexual drama/scenes, and the same goes for Law and Order. My point is that almost every "crime" oriented drama on television has at least one storyline with some romantic attraction - if not an outright relationship.

Why? Because it happens, folks. It's life. People fall in love on the job.

9. Lia

Lia Lab Technician

Agreeeed. :cool:

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Because that's the reason CSI is always at the top of the ratings week after week...and Miami is not.

11. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Thats exactly what I was trying to say!! Thanks for clarifying that! :cool:

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay lets breath, everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to disagree, lets just remember that please. BTW I watch Forensic files (as well as other Courtv shows and two A&E Shows) *Gives look* :)

Now that being said Regardless it all comes down to every so often when they are given a chance hint at the "Couples" its usually done in a hit and run style, the problem with that is they put so much weight into the hit and run its over powering for some (and I am not a shipper of any of them). Spread out over time (ie season) maybe would be so bad.

I don't see this show going "Soap Style" anymore then I see Miami going that way, but there are some who do, and that is their opinion and I respect it as I would hope they would respect mine.

I don't mind the "Victims", I don't mind the "Science/Lab" and heck I don't mind knowing that So and so had a date, or spent time with parents/child, or each other, the problem is when it feels like its tossed on you like a boulder. (Too much, too soon, too fast).

Heck I could say the same about some of the cases over the years, a couple of times it seemed the theme for said ep was a bit much, like it was trying to lodge it down your throat, when you wanted to shout "Point taken".

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<<Because that's the reason CSI is always at the top of the ratings week after week...and Miami is not. >>

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard on these forums! Are you SERIOUS? You think Horatio getting married on Miami is the reason it has lower ratings?

Wow. That's just... wow. Um, America LOVES sex and romance. Desperate Housewives is amazingly high-rated. NYPD Blue was one of the top rated shows in the 90s and guess what? We had to deal with a short chubby guy having sex! The idea that having a romantic storyline/not having one makes the ratings difference is bizarre. There are a lot of reasons why Miami isn't as high-rated as Vegas, not the least of which is that some people don't need more than one CSI. I personally think the Miami characters are less compelling/developed.

Regardless, that's not the reason for the rating difference. Sorry.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

<<I don't see this show going "Soap Style" anymore then I see Miami going that way, but there are some who do, and that is their opinion and I respect it as I would hope they would respect mine.>>

Ah, but they aren't. Because Grissom and Sara exchanged a look, you have people screaming "this is the end!" on this board. It's extremist and these people have clearly never watched a soap opera. If someone politely said "Gee, I don't like that there is a romantic element on CSI," it'd be one thing. But claiming CSI has suddenly crossed a barrier into personal drama that they've in reality been gladly hopping with Catherine for years?

That kind of blindness warrants debate.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Incidentally, I watch Forensic Files too. My point was that if I wanted a totally devoid-of-character-development-or-attraction forensics show, I'd go watch that.