"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

I haven't watched the episode, but i've seen the last scene, with Griss and Sara.

Those looks turned me into mush. If a guy looked at me the way Grissom looked at Sara, i would be a goner.

I didn't see over-acting and drama at all. With that one look that Grissom gave Sara at the end, he conveyed so many emotions, great bit of acting on WP and also JF's behalf.

I'm so glad GSR is finally properly on its way to becoming a completely canon ship :D

wow. i don't know, this episode was so hyped up full of GSR, and i was excited about that, but now that i've seen the episode and all the GSR-ness. it made me feel all ick-ish. it was awfully heavy and NOT subtle, which i felt grissom was the master of. and worst of all is that the case was sorta average. nothing special about it. hopefully the two parter will bring CSI up to it's usual standards. sigh.

curtainonfloor said: I haven't watched the episode, but i've seen the last scene, with Griss and Sara.

I didn't see over-acting and drama at all. With that one look that Grissom gave Sara at the end, he conveyed so many emotions, great bit of acting on WP and also JF's behalf.
Need to watch the whole episode to get the full weight of it all and it was weighty on the GSR (and I am not a shipper at all), normally when those scenes start I just don't pay attention as much but even I have to admit they really over did it on the eye to eye contact.

Destiny said:
curtainonfloor said: I haven't watched the episode, but i've seen the last scene, with Griss and Sara.

Need to watch the whole episode to get the full weight of it all and it was weighty on the GSR (and I am not a shipper at all), normally when those scenes start I just don't pay attention as much but even I have to admit they really over did it on the eye to eye contact.

and the corny lines that went with it...oh dear

I think the reason everyone feels so overloaded on GSR (and I'm pro-GSR, but I admit the subtlety was not there tonight) is because it was all in the last 18 minutes of the show.. Bang, Bang, Bang. Ya know? It was a bit overwhelming in a season where you've hardly had them working the same case, let alone exchanging anything shippy.

I rewatched most of the ep, and it doesn't feel NEARLY as heavy now that I knew what was coming.. At the time it did just because it was unexpected, and it overwhelmed the ep for me because the case file was so-so. The character moments, however, were awesome. That is Rambo's strongpoint.

can anyone fill me in??? i just got home from work and it's 12:44 am here in NJ. i missed CSI...argh!

have to agree with you there alyssa. quite heavy when i first watched it, but luckily i taped it cause i was so hyped up on the GSR, and i re-watched the last half, and it wasn't as overwhelming but still not as sublte as i hoped it be. think if they only did it once or twice at most, not 10 times, it would have been much better. they're just rushing the GSR and it's freaking me out. what an overload.

How can the writers be so brilliant one week (Rashomama) and so pathetically boring the next (tonight)?

Judd Nelson was cool.

Tonight's highlights:
David "why do I always have to sniff the shorts?"
- -
Doc "where was that on my wedding night"
- -
Cath (to Hodges) "stop trying to make that sound dirty"

Even Greg's birthday/breakfast quip was lame.

I wouldn't mind the GSR scenes if those two had ANY chemistry at all - but there's absolutely ZERO chemistry between them in this episode with just the looks and no dialogue.

i thought the gazes were nauseating.It just didnt go with the flow.Not to mention there was a lack of chemistry :confused: .21 episodes without any gsr-ish scenes and suddenly BAM!gsr shot up in this episode again.Not that i'm against it or what.It just didnt feel right.
Cases were okay but overall,I think IMHO tptb should rid of that soap opera-ish feel in the future episodes.It simply spoils the whole forensics behind it :lol:

thought brass' line with heidi in the interrogation room was the winner there. "heidi, heidi, ho!" haha that was great. i was laughing at first cause it sounded hilarious coming out of his mouth, didn't catch the actual meaning of what he said until a moment later. hilarious. :lol:

To each their own, I guess, but I found nothing nauseating about the ending. If anything, this entire season has been completely gag-inducing, but this episode and the last have resuscitated it. The gaze at the end was so hot, I haven't stopped fanning myself the last four hours. Guh, the way he looked at Sara was *THUD*.

I don't think it's a soap opera just because two characters share two minutes of screentime total, and five seconds of it happened to be really, really steamy. This wasn't even close to soap-opera IMO.

More of this kind of CSI, please!

catastrophe said:
To each their own, I guess, but I found nothing nauseating about the ending. If anything, this entire season has been completely gag-inducing, but this episode and the last have resuscitated it. The gaze at the end was so hot, I haven't stopped fanning myself the last four hours. Guh, the way he looked at Sara was *THUD*.

I don't think it's a soap opera just because two characters share two minutes of screentime total, and five seconds of it happened to be really, really steamy. This wasn't even close to soap-opera IMO.

More of this kind of CSI, please!

CSI has been focused on science all the time, it never occured to me that it becomes soap opera, some people just don't like these 2 characters or don't want these 2 get together doesn't mean the chemistry is not there, I used to complained there're too many cath drama before but not any more------I'm not TPTB, and it just the way it is......it's useless in denial.

First off, I don't care about ANY pairing one way or the other, but this notion that CSi is suddenly slipping into "soap opera territory" is RIDICULOUS. I watched soap operas as a teenager, so I'm very much aware of what they contain, and what shows up JUST as much in soap operas is family drama. Have all of you forgotten just how much focus Catherine got a couple of years ago, about her daughter, ex-husband, and father? There were two or three episodes in which that WAS the storyline! "Who's my father? Oh no, it's him. Wait, did he kill someone? Uh oh, my ex-husband endangered my child. Wait, where's my child? Is my ex-husband dead?!"

Honestly, you can add up all the subtle little nuances between Grissom and Sara and it doesn't even COMPARE to the personal drama Catherine's gotten. If you want to criticize them for delving into character lives/romances/problems, you're going to have to attack Catherine's massive family drama, Warrick's gambling addiction/marriage storyline and Nick's prostitute drama.

Honestly, what are you guys so upset about? They've had, what, a few hints/subtleties a season? For SIX SEASONS? And now you're upset they're LOOKING at each other? Aside from the X-Files, I can't think of a show that went any SLOWER than this with a romantic attraction. This is NOWHERE near the OC. This is NOWHERE near a soap opera. There's been no sex in SIX SEASONS! No kissing! NOTHING. Soap opera-esqe would have been Sara getting pregnant and not knowing if the father was Grissom or the EMT, then hiding the pregnancy at work, only to have a miscarriage and Grissom cry over losing a baby he knew he never had.

I just cannot understand this vehement attack on PEOPLE LOOKING AT EACH OTHER. That happens in EVERY SINGLE TELEVISION SHOW IN EXISTENCE. EVERY ONE. If that's the criteria for being a "soap opera," every CBS, NBC and ABC drama is guilty, guilty, guilty.

Get over it, honestly. If you can't handle people glancing at one another out of attraction, you need to stick to Forensic Files on the Discovery Channel. God forbid people at work actually have, you know, lives, beyond cases?

The case? All right.
The looks between Grissom and Sara? DIVINE.
Greg and his funniness? AMAZING.
Me dancing around after the show? PRICELESS.

(Sorry, ignore me. I'm giddy.)

Back