Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Is it just me or is the "drunken teenager party death" scene a bit overused? I mean, talk about stereotypes, I hope that most teenagers lives consist of more than just parties. :lol:

I agree, i'm 17 and me and my friends don't have parties all the time :lol:.In the end, it's always the boyfriend or someone who was jealous of not getting an invite who's the killer :lol:

I'm 19 and I rarely--if ever--attend parties. :lol: Same throughout high school. I enjoy more of one-on-one hanging out; plus, I prefer to avoid drug-related parties (which they all seem to be these days...).

Thanks for posting the photos, perlnoir. :)

Great photos! I really like the behind the scenes stuff.

Perl, thanks a lot for the interesting photos. :thumbsup:

CSI: NY Preview: 'Lindsay Stands By Her Man!'
Get More: Interviews, Previews, Video

Megan Masters
This Friday’s installment of CSI: NY (CBS, 9/8c) finds Danny in some serious trouble, and who better to come to the rescue than his better half?
TVLine was on set for the CBS hit’s standout episode, and spoke to Carmine Giovinazzo and Anna Belknap about Lindsay’s newfound strength and the shocking turn of events that (eventually) leads Danny back to the lab.
CSI: NY Plots Once & Again Reunion
What exactly happens that makes the detective want to ditch his fancy new duds? Long story short: Danny tries to do something nice for his new team, and a harmless night of drinking results in an unconscious (and beat up) Danny stuck in the middle of an ugly Internal Affairs investigation — with his young officers selling him out.
“Danny winds up in a sticky situation and even though he didn’t do anything wrong, it doesn’t reflect well on the department,” Belknap teases. Adds Giovinazzo, “It’s not the trouble we’re used to seeing him in. This time his rookies betray him, and it’s ultimately the catalyst to getting him back to the lab.”
Belknap says that “things really escalate when someone starts saying things that aren’t true,” hinting at Danny’s new female partner (played by Jeananne Goossen). “Instead of Lindsay feeling totally helpless, she decides to take an uncharacteristic step and takes it into her own hands…. She stands by her man!”
Exclusive: Castle‘s Life Is In the Hands of Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris
Giovinazzo playfully teases that his onscreen wife “comes in and takes control” once she hones in on who is angling to screw over her hubby, adding, “She even schools him on how to talk to the Internal Affairs agent, played by Dean Norris (Breaking Bad). Danny definitely does a little bit of the ‘OK, dear’ thing.”
“I would have loved for the show to keep Danny out [in the field] longer, but I’m sure the Powers That Be know what the people want,” Giovinazzo says candidly. “We definitely got a good run out of it, though.”
Watch one of Lindsay’s many saves of the episode in the clip below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Danny’s impending return to the lab.

source: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/csi-ny-season-8-preview-lindsay-danny/

Teh usual thanks for pics & tidbits yas all.

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kri...l_rookie/269287

A sneak peak of tonight's episode also an interview with AB and CG.
Thanks for this. I think :p. Scoops & presentations of them such as this I just find irksome.

-

...how is it that so many of Danny's storylines seem to actually turn out to be about Lindsay? And DL? From 10% to Shane Casey to being promoted to being investigated?

:brickwall: :vulcan: :censored: :p. *sigh* ...Whaddayado.

I'll give the ep a chance to speak for itself, but ...dang, man :lol:.

Disappointed to have my internal nugget of dread about this largely confirmed. And so much for any hope that Messer had reclaimed his cojones, or the spark of earlier seasons.

(and dear CG: I woulda loved to have seen Danny out in the field a little longer too, or at all, really. So little time, TPTB, I know, I know).

Changing things up for the characters is well and good, but another apparent opportunity for Lindsay coming at the seeming expense of Danny is exasperating (and somehow oh so oddly familiar... :p). Let's hope he at least gets some good screentime in the middle of all this.

Guess this also 'splains the rather oddly tacked-on bar-scene of the last ep. No surprise too that all this is indeed the catalyst likely to send him back to the labs.

Meh :lol:. Never mind. Guess I'm cranky too. Helluva week.

Hope to be able to catch the ep tonight or on the weekend to see how it all really does go down amid what's been teased, hoping the show manages to pick itself up after a few indifferent eps. Dean Norris should be fun too.

I'm not upset about it. I don't mind a lot of D/L, as long as it isn't every single ep.

I still don't know if I'm gonna make it through tonight straight through...I may flip between CSI NY and How It's Made or something. The angst is getting to me lol

Since when is Lindsay, who sucks at communication that doesn't revolve around stupid demonstrations, suddenly the IAB expert? Um, you'd think they'd have Danny being able to handle IAB better since he's been investigated before and it would show growth in his character. :wtf:

I'm also not looking forward to her marking her territory, because that's all the "stands by her man" crap is all about. They can't have the rookie threaten DL romantically but they still want to show that Danny is "Lindsay's man" so DL fans can be satifisfied that the rookie truly isn't a threat. Because we all know that a married man can't have a platonic relationship with a woman who isn't his wife. There must be a catfight of some sort. :rolleyes:

Why don't they give Lindsay her own damn storylines instead of always making everything about Danny go back to DL?? Yeah, they're married. That doesn't mean everything about Danny's job has to revolve around Lindsay. Lindsay can be the supportive wife without having to "help" Danny. :(

Once again Danny and Carmine get screwed out of a good story line in the name of shipping.

ETA: I typed all of that before I watched the clip. Now that I've watched it I can see it's going to be worse than I thought. Lindsay acted like she was his mother and he was in grade school.

Last edited:

Is there a way Danny can stay a sergeant while returning to the lab? Or does he have to be demoted? I know there are detective sergeants, but would that make him above Mac? I can't recall if Mac has a rank...is he a Lt.like Horatio or no?

I'm so glad Danny is going to be back in the lab soon! I mean, it must have been difficult to schedule his bathroom breaks so Lindsay could wipe his ass for him.

Supporting your spouse during a difficult time is great and all, but I'm already irritated after seeing that clip because it looks like Danny is a kid incapable of speaking to the big, mean adults without guidance. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad Danny is going to be back in the lab soon! I mean, it must have been difficult to schedule his bathroom breaks so Lindsay could wipe his ass for him.

Supporting your spouse during a difficult time is great and all, but I'm already irritated after seeing that clip because it looks like Danny is a kid incapable of speaking to the big, mean adults without guidance. :rolleyes:

Don't you know? In order to try and make Lindsay look good they have to make Danny look like a complete idiot. Too bad it only makes her look like a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back