Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm sitting here hoping with all my heart that this idea of a possible Mac/Jo hook up rearing it's ugly head again is either some sort of bad April's fool joke or elaborate smoke screen being set up for the season finale come bad dream. I make no secret that I don't care for Jo and if it was down to me (being honest fess up )and nearly everyone else that given the choice Stella would still be resident and it would ba a case of Jo who. However if we must endure her presence instead of the irreplaceable Ms Bonasera then at least TPTB should do us the courtesy of keeping Jo and Mac's relationship purely PLATONIC WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS FOR SMACKED FOR PITY'S SAKE DEAR TPTB GET THE MESSAGE ONCE AND FOR ALL IT'S STELLA WE ALL WANT WITH MAC FIRST, LAST AND ALWAYS NOBODY ELSE WILL DO (YES I DO MEAN TO YELL AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS NO OFFENCE IS INTENDED THOUGH.) I would have thought short of tattooing Smacked forever across PV's eyeballs the audience could not have made it's distain for any sort of romantic tension berween Mac/Jo any clearer to put it bluntly given the choice most of us would prefer the show be cancelled with immediate effect than that. It's nothing personal to SW but it doesn't matter how many shows she goes on, if she appears on roller skates juggling plates and whistling Star Spangled banner or even if she manages to part the East River we didn't want Jo in the first place, we don't want her now and we coldn't think of anything worse than her and Mac as a couple. If he is to leave one way or another than let his road to Damascus moment lead him into the arms of our Stella we've more than earned our right to a happy Smacked ending over the years and anything else is not so much as putting the final nail into the show's coffin but having held the funeral and now throwing the wake.Give the long suffering audience what it deserves, what's been promised right fron the pilot episode the sparkling Champagne happy ever Smacked ending not the tap water of Jo 'second best' Danville. Let the show, Mac & the audience end their journey together if this is indeed the end with a little dignity and one final happy memory not the bitter disappointment of Jo and Mac, go out with a little class.

Ok so I'm sitting here hoping with all my heart that this idea of a possible Mac/Jo hook up rearing it's ugly head again is either some sort of bad April's fool joke or elaborate smoke screen being set up for the season finale come bad dream. I make no secret that I don't care for Jo and if it was down to me (being honest fess up )and nearly everyone else that given the choice Stella would still be resident and it would ba a case of Jo who. However if we must endure her presence instead of the irreplaceable Ms Bonasera then at least TPTB should do us the courtesy of keeping Jo and Mac's relationship purely PLATONIC WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS FOR SMACKED FOR PITY'S SAKE DEAR TPTB GET THE MESSAGE ONCE AND FOR ALL IT'S STELLA WE ALL WANT WITH MAC FIRST, LAST AND ALWAYS NOBODY ELSE WILL DO (YES I DO MEAN TO YELL AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS NO OFFENCE IS INTENDED THOUGH.) I would have thought short of tattooing Smacked forever across PV's eyeballs the audience could not have made it's distain for any sort of romantic tension berween Mac/Jo any clearer to put it bluntly given the choice most of us would prefer the show be cancelled with immediate effect than that. It's nothing personal to SW but it doesn't matter how many shows she goes on, if she appears on roller skates juggling plates and whistling Star Spangled banner or even if she manages to part the East River we didn't want Jo in the first place, we don't want her now and we coldn't think of anything worse than her and Mac as a couple. If he is to leave one way or another than let his road to Damascus moment lead him into the arms of our Stella we've more than earned our right to a happy Smacked ending over the years and anything else is not so much as putting the final nail into the show's coffin but having held the funeral and now throwing the wake.Give the long suffering audience what it deserves, what's been promised right fron the pilot episode the sparkling Champagne happy ever Smacked ending not the tap water of Jo 'second best' Danville. Let the show, Mac & the audience end their journey together if this is indeed the end with a little dignity and one final happy memory not the bitter disappointment of Jo and Mac, go out with a little class.

I'm so with you PHANTOMERIK. If this is the last season of CSI:NY, then let it be open-ended, NOT via cliffhanger but Mac/Jo be an open-ended idea and it's up to audiences to decide if it were to go further, but also not piss off the huge legions of SMacked fans who got 1929-ed last year. I'm still incredibly bitter over it to this day.

If this Mac/Jo thing that was pulled out of the trash pile becomes canon and CSI:NY actually is gone, it might as well be that I, PHANTOMERIK, Lori K., Macsgirlmel, Karlia, and other SMacked/Stella/Melina fans might as well kick the shows corpse around like a soccer ball or use the shows dead body like a pinata. :mad::angryrazz:

And yes, you are right PHANTOMERIK. As of this writing, I've seen maybe a half-dozen Mac/Jo fics but I've counted dozens upon dozens of PAGES devoted to Mac/Stella and I still see fics going up as we speak. It shows how big an audience that TPTB have literally pissed off these past two years.

I've cleared the show's debris away now but that giant, gaping, ugly hole remains in my TV-Heart's skyline to this day. The world changed after last year in my eyes and it has truly been Hell to adjust to.

I feel I'm taking this off-topic so I'll stop here.

CSI: New York Boss Teases an "Amazing Nemesis" for Mac

Lire la suite: http://fr.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...w_york_boss_teases_amazing.html#ixzz1IIaONNfY

Loyal fans, we hear your pleas, tweets and emails for CSI: New York scoop, so we went to the source and got co-executive producer Zachary Reiter to dish on what's coming up for your favorite crimefighters.

CSI: New York is back tonight with Jo's (Sela Ward) family drama. Read on to learn all about the upcoming trouble with Hawkes' (Hill Harper) new love, the "amazing nemesis" that will bring back a partner from Mac's (Gary Sinise) past and, of course, what Danny-Lindsay fans can look forward to in the upcoming episodes:
WANT MORE? CSI: NY Producers Talk Danny-Lindsay Love

Q&A with CSI: New York Co-Executive Producer Zachary Reiter

In this week's episode Jo's daughter Ellie is a witness?
It's another really fun one, written by our show runner Pam Veasey, where an incident in the subway goes down and we learn that Jo's daughter Ellie (Sydney Park) was actually on the subway platform when it happened. Not only does that provide complications for the team in terms of her being a witness, [but] what becomes even more interesting is when Jo learns why she was at that subway station alone, headed on that train to a certain destination in the first place. It was not just her regular routine trip to school on that particular subway line.

How does this bring Jo's son, Tyler, into the episode?

Tyler (Cody Longo) comes into the picture because of—I don't want to give away why Ellie was on the train but the reason she was on the train becomes a bit of a personal family matter. Jo has to struggle with what she should or should not disclose about where Ellie comes from. And so her son comes into the picture to help with those decisions and what Ellie should or should not know.

What else is coming up in these next episodes?

We have some cool things to look forward to—episode 19, "Food for Thought," written by Trey Callaway, deals with the world of the food trucks. [Laughs.] I can't lie, I can't say that growling stomachs weren't a motivation for deciding that might be a good episode to shoot. Trey in particular, he's a foodie. He's an adventurous food eater, and the idea of creating an episode around that industry was certainly in his interest.

Hawkes' love interest returns in this episode?

Exactly. I think what's interesting about this episode, with respect to those two characters, is that Hawkes finally—now that he sees that he has this love interest—he's now challenged with the idea, "Are their lives similar enough that this is a relationship that makes sense?" There are moments within their relationship that we get to see as Hawkes plays a little bit of hooky and starts to wonder if she's a bad influence or good influence? Is there a part that maybe excites him, does it mesh with his personality? How does that work with his responsibilities on the job? Those kinds of issues come up for him and it's interesting.

What is about her that Hawkes is attracted to?

There is definitely that physical attraction. I think he's intrigued by the fact that this is a girl he grew up with, he's known her for a very very long time. [She's] not somebody who just kind of popped up in his life, but I think that they are at different stages in their lives. [We were] intrigued with the notion of finding someone from his past that sees him in a different light and in a romantic way now.

This season there have been more personal storylines—was that a conscious decision to explore that part of the characters' lives?

Absolutely. Honestly that's been something that the writers have been angling to do since season one. In the beginning, the network and the studio are a little bit hesitant to throw too much of that in, they want to stick with the franchise and the mystery is always leading the way, but I think what has been great is over the years we've been issued a pass, I think. We get a little more leeway to delve into those storylines, and yeah, I think that by season seven we've earned the right to delve a little bit more into it. Certainly the addition of Sela Ward allowed us to explore her a little bit more than we would some of the other characters because she's new and people want to know who she is and where she comes from.

Cliff Lipson/CBS

We get a lot of questions about Danny and Lindsay, what can the fans look forward to in the upcoming episodes?

We set something up—I don't want to get too much into the finale but something comes up where they just start thinking a little bit more about the future. I don't want to tease that too much and honestly in these last few episodes—because we dealt with Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) so heavily at the end of last season with Shane Casey (Edward Furlong) and everything that happened up at the lighthouse with Lucy, the truth is we kind of took a step back so we could pay a little more attention to Jo and her relationship with her kids and the daughter that she adopted.

And you explore Mac's past history?

There's a two-episode arc, episodes 20 and 21, where we introduce Peter Fonda. His character is Mac's old partner, back in the day when Mac first joined the NYPD, he had a few years on Mac in the department and they dealt with things differently. They always had a different perspective on law enforcement and how they do the job. But an old old case comes back to haunt them and through episodes 20 and 21 you learn what that is and what their differences are and how that comes to a head. To see two heavyweights like Gary Sinise and Peter Fonda is a lot of fun. I really dig the two-episode arc with Peter Fonda—our guest stars have been really great this season. Peter Fonda and Clifton Collins Jr. are in that two episode arc. The case that Peter and Mac dealt with back in the day dealt with Clifton Collins Jr., and he plays an amazing nemesis.

Filming on season seven finished yesterday, how are you feeling?

It feels a little strange this time around. Only because we're finishing a little bit earlier than usual. This season we did a bunch of double-ups—at the beginning of the season we were filming two at once. So that just brought our schedule up very early, so now all of a sudden we finished wrapping on March 22. It feels strange, because usually we are at least going until the end of April.

And this time you have to wait to hear if you are renewed for season eight.
That's true, we've been informed that any notice of a pickup won't be until around upfronts, I guess mid-May. So that feels a little bit strange, too.

Do you think there's time for fans to rally and send letters?

That is a formula, that if the writers knew how to break that formula—what goes into those decisions—we would be in a much better position, but letters from fans never hurts. There are plenty of shows in recent history that weren't getting the numbers that they were expected to get and the fans kept them on the air. Writing letters and asking to keep us on the air plus the fact that our numbers are pretty damn good. One more year, baby. Let's do it.

So CSI: New York fans are you looking forward to these new episodes? Have you started writing your letters to the network to save this hit-yet-on-the-bubble show? Head to the comments and let us know!

source : http://fr.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...w_york_boss_teases_amazing.html#ixzz1IIa2Ig4x

I suppose it would be too much to ask that Danny and Lindsay "thinking about their future" would entail realizing they don't really love each other and getting a divorce.

Sela Ward recalls being completely out of her element when she joined the cast of CSI: NY.

CSI: NY returns on a new night with a new face

"I had come from all those relationship shows, where I knew everything about love and breaking up and raising children. And I had to learn really fast about murder and bludgeoning and dismembering and gunshots and all this bloody gore," Ward tells TVGuide.com with a laugh. "So it was really trial by fire. The first couple weeks... I didn't know what planet I had dropped onto, but now I am just loving it. I'm having a blast."

Even though the two-time Emmy winner has learned the language of a network procedural, she says she still yearns to do character work. This Friday's episode (9/8c on CBS) offers up both when Jo's adopted daughter, Ellie (Syndey Park), is a witness to the murder of the week. But rather than obsess over the crime, Jo has to wrestle with why her daughter was even at the scene in the first place.

"My daughter skips school and is on a subway train to Connecticut to meet her biological mother," Ward says of the episode. "She doesn't really have all the information because [Jo] hasn't told her yet what really happened — that I adopted her from a woman that I put away in jail. ... I think she was afraid that maybe the child would want to be with the biological mother — that she would somehow have the loss of her daughter by revealing that information.

Exclusive: Vampire Diaries werewolf gets into hairy situation on CSI: NY

"It's a very touching episode," Ward continues. "I just love all that. Being a detective show — a mystery show, a forensic show — there really isn't much opportunity to have those kinds of scenes. It's a special episode."

Also making a return appearance in this episode is Jo's ex-husband, played by JAG's David James Elliot. And it's once again clear that there's still something between the couple. But Jo's no damsel in distress.

"I think they are still very attracted to one another. I think there's still a lot of love left there, but it's just one of those relationships that should have worked on paper but didn't," Ward says. "He offers to stay and be there with me and offer support, and I tell him, 'I'd love for you to rescue me from this, but this is something I've got to do on my own."

David James Elliott returns to CSI: NY

But of course, Jo's not completely on her own. Ward says in this episode, Jo begins to see Mac (Gary Sinise) as more than just her boss. "[She goes] to Mac for emotional support," Ward says. "You see Jo — who's always in control and always has the answers — really not sure and really second-guessing herself. She goes into Mac's office really as a mess, looking for Mac to help her as a sounding board."

And does this new development in their working relationship plant seeds for some off-duty bonding as well? Ward clearly isn't opposed to the idea. "They're both single; they're both alive," Ward says. "It makes it a reality-based situation where there is attraction, there is possibility. They're both very professional, so none of those lines have been crossed. But who's to say that they won't?"

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-Sela-Ward-1031333.aspx

CSI: New York 719 Food for Thought - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9aMCNdTgkA

Last edited:
we don't want her now and we coldn't think of anything worse than her and Mac as a couple. If he is to leave one way or another than let his road to Damascus moment lead him into the arms of our Stella we've more than earned our right to a happy Smacked ending over the years

I hate it when people seem to assume that their views reflect the views of the entire viewing audience "we want this, we want that" etc. I for one actually like Jo a lot better than I did Stella (although if Jo ever commits a felony like Stella did, I'll probably change my mind.

And entitlement much? What makes Stella/Mac fans somehow more deserving of a 'happy ending' than any other pairing. Jeez. It makes it seem like some viewers suffer through a show they loathe and therefore ought to be rewarded by getting *their* ship made canon.

(personally the only ship I want on the show would be Flack/Mac, am I any less 'deserving' of a happy ship ending?)

While I'd like the Smacked ending too, I know not everyone feels that way, hence why I rarely say things like that here-just in the ship thread. I'd prefer an ending that's open ended but that will let us imagine the ship endings we want, no matter what they are. (But I wish people would also realize it about D/L, that there are differing views.)

When did Stella commit a felony? *confused*. I don't remember anything like that...she shot Frankie but that was self defense...there were some complaints against her for excessive force...What'm I forgetting?

Last edited:
When did Stella commit a felony? *confused*. I don't remember anything like that...she shot Frankie but that was self defense...there were some complaints against her for excessive force...What'm I forgetting?

I was wondering the same thing. I don't recall Stella committing a felony.

As for pairings, I kind of like the idea of Jo getting back together with her ex, Russ. But if I had to choose a regular character for her to be with, I'd prefer it be Flack.

Last edited:
Oh, I know what it might have been...it just came back and I was thinking about it a few days ago too. The Cold Case crossover, with that former foster sister of hers. She let her go essentially, 'cause she didn't arrest her when she was there. She said she'd come back the next day to do it, probably giving the other woman time to flee. That would probably count as aiding and abating or obstruction of justice or something. IRL, she'd have been in jail for sure. But nothing's ever like RL on TV lol

Oh, I know what it might have been...it just came back and I was thinking about it a few days ago too. The Cold Case crossover, with that former foster sister of hers. She let her go essentially, 'cause she didn't arrest her when she was there. She said she'd come back the next day to do it, probably giving the other woman time to flee. That would probably count as aiding and abating or obstruction of justice or something. IRL, she'd have been in jail for sure. But nothing's ever like RL on TV lol

Oh right, I forgot about that.

The episode when Stella and Angel locked a guy in a shipping container bound for Greece. That's kidnapping for a start, and the guy could easily have died on the journey which would have been felony murder.

Jess: I hope that this isn't the last season of CSI: New York, but the possibility is there. There is no cliffhanger in the season finale, right?
We asked co-executive producer Zachary Reiter that very question in our Q&A. He wouldn't reveal much about the finale but he did tell us, "Should we find ourselves in a position where we don't come back, the episode—and it's part of the reason everybody on the staff is proud of it—will feel like an appropriate sendoff, should it end up being a series finale." We're not ready to say, "goodbye" to our fave criminalists, so let's make sure that this is just an emotionally satisfying season finale.

source : http://fr.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._spoiler_chat_everything_about_change_on.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back