American Idol- Thread #2

So glad Ashton went home tonight. I don't dislike her, she just sucked as a singer. With all the other amazing singers on this season she didn't deserve to be there.

Also Casey is in the hospital (someone on Twitter said stomach ulcer I think, not positive though). :( I hope he gets better quick enough to perform next week. If he can't they might send him home just because he can't perform... I really hope not, he's so good. I love him, one of my favourites.

I agree about Ashton. There was nothing unique in her voice. She didn't sound bad, but she was a bit generic voice wise IMHO.

As for Casey, I hope he gets well soon. However, if he has to stay in the hospital for an extended amount of time, then they might want to bring in another one of the contestants that were being considered for the wild card picks to fill in. My pick would be Robbie.

I agree about Ashton. There was nothing unique in her voice. She didn't sound bad, but she was a bit generic voice wise IMHO.

As for Casey, I hope he gets well soon. However, if he has to stay in the hospital for an extended amount of time, then they might want to bring in another one of the contestants that were being considered for the wild card picks to fill in. My pick would be Robbie.

He's out and he was in our local paper this morning, he lives in the mountains above us Idyllwild. He's good, and I'm glad they dumped Ashton, usually if I don't care for someone, they stay forever, so this time buh-bye:thumbsup:These kids are all out of this world, the best ever:eek:

These contestants are really, to me, the best they've ever had on "AI", sensational, all of them the ones that top my list up to now are~

PAUL Sang Elton's "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues", his own unique version, he's fantastic, and might take it:bolian:

STEFANO Sang "If You Don't Know Me By Now", and it brought me to tears:( I remember this from a long time ago, when myself and my guy at the time, danced to it. Brought back memories. he kicked a.. on this old blues song:cool:

PIA OMG, her range unbeliveable sang "Broken Hearted", her rendition also over the moon, Steven was taken a back as I think everyone was, she's great:bolian:

JACOB How could anyone hit these notes? He's also incredible sang "Alone" by Heart. Chills up and down my spine:wtf:

They eliminated Karen, the gal who sang American and Spanish lyrics. Steven loved her, so I was surprised it was between her and the 16 yr. old Asian girl, who was also great. she was visibly shaken and cried:(

"IDOL" REALLY SINGING FOR THIS SEASON

"American Idol" may be having it's best season..ever. Ratings are solid, contestants are terrific, and even Ryan Seacrest seem less annoyning. How did this happen? naturally, I have some theories

CONTESTANTS
This is a superlative group. The 12 finalists are all good, while Pia Toscano, Casey Abrams, and Jacob Lusk..are outstanding. That just doesn't happen with "Idol". The march to the finale has often revealed a contestants soft spots, lack of charisma or borderline talent, whil "Idol" dressed up their failings and smothered them in production values. Not necessary so far.!

JUDGES
Serious without the snark, lively without the silly and intellegent without the swagger. Emerging finally from Simon Cowell's shadow, Randy Jackson the wise elder, who neither piles on, nor sugarcoats. Then there's Jennifer Lopez, she's calm, reasonable and consistent. Then Steven Tyler.. the biggest surprise of the entire season..is full of passion and generosity. Malice is missing from thes panel, and the absence is not regrettable.!

TAPED vs LIVE
Most of this season has been taped, which allows editors to take out the bloat..move it along, clean it up, make it ready for prime time. The production looks seamless many nights, and it ends on time!

NIGEL LYTHGOE
The show runner has brought a genuine sense of "show back"..a sense that each night is big and special. You'd better watch or you'll miss something epochal!

RAY CHEW
The music director's accompaniments have been lively, rarely dull..at times too lively, because they can tend to override a contestant. Chew's arrangements can be aggressive, but that forces the contestants out of their complacency, and forces their vocal range, too~

THE STAGE
The expanded proscenium allows the contestants to move, but not so much room that they disappear. The stage wall monitors are close enough to add to the performance, far enough away so that they don't obliterate one~

Verne Gay, NEWSDAY~

:lol:Hey all.:lol:

I am the hugest fan of Idol and have been watching since the beginning - I honestly think this year is the best so far!!

So much new and different talent - I love Casey, he's so new and fresh! and Lauren I think she's great for a 16/17yr old.

I am watching in the UK so i'm a couple of days behind the US but would love to hear the gossip if anyone has any!!!!

xx

Hey back nikki, it is a huge hit this season, so much for the naysayers who claimed it would die after Simon left:rolleyes:

This little tid-bit is from the CHEERS AND JEERS SECTION of the TV Guide~

JEERS to American Idol for bringing it's live results show to a screecing halt to make time for the premiere of Jennifer Lopez's new video. "On The Floor". It's hard to say which was worse.. the judges awkward dance moves or the painful lyrics. "If your a criminal, kill it on the floor..it's getting ill, it's getting sick on the floor" After being force-fed this rotten jam, so were we~ OUCH:eek:

Bruce Fretts, TV Guide writer issue March 21-April 3~

My opinions from last night's show~It was songs from Motown, they were all superb:bolian:

CASEY Marvin Gaye's "I Hear It Through The Grapevine" He's so original and good but it seems all the songs he sings her screeches alot~

THIA Martha and the Vandella's, "Heatwave" [talking about going way back] WOW, who knew she could rock out good job, and she's only 16:eek:

JACOB Marvin Gaye w/ Tammy Terrell's "You All I Need To Get By". He's extrodinary, incredible range and natural born singer, he give me chills:wtf:

LAUREN The Supremes, "You Keep Me Hanging On". For a country gal she did this old R&B song really well~

STEFANO Lionel Richie's "Hello". He's great since the beginning, so good, this was beautirul~

HALEY Smokey and the Miracles, You Really Got A Hold On Me", really good so blusey, she rocked it and did a stellar job on this song~

SCOTTY Stevie Wonder, "For Once In My Life" this old country boy vs Motown, it was different but his own style good job~

PIA Also Stevie Wonder, "All In Love Is Fair". Her tone and high notes are earth shattering she's spectatular, fantastic, so far I pick her:thumbsup:

PAUL Smokey again "Tracks Of My Tears", he's so unique, kinda of reminds me of a young Rod Stewart, with his raspy voice good job~

NAMIA Martha and the Vandella's, "Dancing In The Streets" old song sweep away the cobwebs, she kicked it out of the park really electrifying, and she danced too which was fantastic~

JAMES Stevie again, "Living For The City" This guy is amazing no matter what he sings knock he knocks one's socks off. unbeliveable:wtf:

This was quite a thrill, one of my favorite singer ELTON JOHN songs. I had the priveledge of seeing him a few years ago in San Diego, 5 rows from the stage. It was one of the highlights of my musical life. Overwhelming, I was going OMG, I'm watching Elton John. He was on stage for two hours and changed his outfits 3 times. Every positive adjective to describe him would work, but I'll say MAGICAL So all the kids sang his songs and all did great:bolian:

SCOTTY A country song that I didn't recognize, his deep voice is so remarkable.

NAIMA "I'm Still Standing" with a reggae twist. wow, really good and her own version Bob Marley mixed with Elton:)

PAUL "Rocket Man". He's just plain good. I never thought anyone could do this song as good as Elton, but he nailed it~

PIA "Don't Let The Sun Go Down" One of my favs. She blew me away un-friggin-beliveable. spectatcular, I was brought to tears:eek:

STEFANO "Tiny Dancer" Another great song, he sang it with clarity and so much a blues singer, he's also so good, [this is tough]:confused:

LAUREN "Candle In The Wind" one of the most beautiful songs ever written, I kinda of cringed when she started, cause' this is his song, but she did a great job :wtf:

JAMES "Saturday's All Right" He's a true rocker did a splendid job great stage presence~

THIA "Daniel" A real tear jerker song, she dedicated this to her brother, and it was beautiful~

CASEY "Your Song" [another fav.] Nice job, so tender and smooth~

JACOB "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word".. Another great song, his range is over the moon, Fantastic so powerful:eek:

HALEY "Benny And The Jets" WOW, again she nailed it, her raspy voice so unique. Randy said "her performance was the best of the night":thumbsup:

Thank's Destiny that's a puzzler, I've got many albums. CD's and tapes, and this on isn't on any of them~

Last night they eliminated Thia and Namia [she resembles Gary Dourdan, like his little sister] they were both great, I couldn't do this, their all so fantastic this season~

It's b-a-a-a-ck tonight again, were down to the wire, any favs. from you fans? Their all so fantastic, I lean towards Pia chills up and down my spine when she sings, so great:bolian:

A review from me about last nights show:thumbsup:Steven Tyler started by being at the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" and we saw some pictures of famous rockers, who've won awards from there. He's so cool and Will-I-Am with Jimmy Ivoine were the mentors for the kids last night.. both very helpful;)

JACOB Sang Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror" although I'm really tired of this song, he did a good job~

HALEY Sang Janis Joplin's "Piece Of My Heart" WOW, fantastic, can she wail.. so good. I could never sing this song~

CASEY Credence Clearwater's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain", nice job and his own version. He lives out her in the moutanious region of Idyllwild;)

LAUREN Aretha's "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" good job very blusey and she also nailed it~

JAMES George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", such a beautiful song. He sang it so soulful he usually wails, so this was different for him. Good job~

SCOTTY Elvis "That's All Right Mamma" great pick for him and he did a great job, Elvis loved country music, and he would have been proud~

PIA Tina Turner "River Deep Mountain High" WOW:wtf: again, she blows me away, fantastic WOW-WOW-WOW~

STEFANO Percy Sledge's "Whe A Man Loves A Woman"--great song and he's extrodinary a stunning performance:thumbsup:

PAUL Johnny Cash "Folsom Prison Blues" He's so versatile, can sing anything. I would have thought Scotty would have sang this, but he nailed it. and boy does he have beautiful teeth, so straight and so white, another winner:thumbsup:

I think they should all be chosen, all so fantastic.. tonight they eliminate one, glad I'm no a judge cause' they're all spectatcular:bolian:

Hey everyone! Not sure how many are in this thread, but I had to go SOME PLACE to express my UTTER DISGUST over the AI results - PIA GOING HOME????:wtf::brickwall:

Seriously, they really have to redo the voting system - I'm so freakin' sorry that I'm an adult and don't have the time to sit in front of my computer or on my cell voting for 2 hrs like these stupid teeny boppers that keep people like Stefano and Paul in the mix while letting a talent like Pia go out in 9th place - 9th place!:scream:

Like I've said about other things, when people have a vote, it should be ONE VOTE PER PERSON, just like normal elections - all this propoganda crap to get people to vote more and more just to buy a product is RUINING everything about American Idol - there's no credibility to it. The best always get voted off b/c of the teeny boppers who don't know anything about talent and just want to see Stefano lamely struggle to keep his eyes open while he sings yet another "love song" karaoke style. :rolleyes:

Hope AI is ready to see their ratings plummet ... dumb voting system.:(

Back