American Idol- Thread #2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they should allow each person 10 or less votes each. Personally, I'm not a fan of Jacob, so I was hoping he'd go home, but knew it wouldn't be him. When he got sent back, I thought okay its gonna be Stefano. Then it being Pia ... didn't expect that. Even the judges were shocked. Her fans must have thought she was safe and that they didn't need to vote. How have they not learned over all the years idol being on that you have to vote for your favorites because anyone can be eliminated.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was a really big shock to me, I thought for sure she might be the one. I cried.. and was in disbelief. I guess fans should call in I never have, but WOW, she was so talented:(

*Songbird Pia Toscano was eliminated from 'AI' on Thursday, leaving the judges who had lavished praise on her in despair over the audience's decision. Toscano, 22, a dark-haired beauty from the Queens borough of NYC managed to remain composed on stage as the judges decried the results. After choosing "I'll Stand By You" for her swan song, Toscano was embraced by Jacob Lusk, 23, of Compton, who had landed in the bottom 3 with him and Stefano, 21, of Kent. WA.. Also left to sing for another day were Paul McDonald, 26, of Nashville, TN: Casey Abrams, 20, of Idyllwild, CA. :Haley Reinhart, 20, of Wheeling, ILL. :Lauren Alaina, 16, of Rossville, GA. :Scotty McCreery, 17, of Garner, N.C., and James Durbin 22, of Santa Cruz, CA.

PE.COM

3. Desertwind

Last nights overview:thumbsup:

PAUL Did another rocker song by Bob Seger's "Rock & Roll, , he's so good a natural~

LAUREN Didn't catch the song [had a phone call] but she's fabulous never-the-less~

STEFANO He's great from the beginning solid, no matter what he sings:thumbsup:

SCOTTY George Strait's. [don't know this song, but he's definitely got the edge on singing country, his deep voice the judges love him~

CASEY Nat "King" Coles' "Nature Boy". another different twist from him he has a great range, it was so different from the original, but good~

HALEY Blondie's "Call Me" her raspy voice she nailed this & she's awesome~

JACOB Simon and Garfunkles "Bridge Over Troubled Water" Sensational, those high notes he hits gave me chills:wtf:

JAMES Sammy Hagar's "Heavy Metal" WOW, this is his forte, heavy metal rock. he knocked it out ot the park:bolian:

I pick all of them to me, this is the best group of contestants..EVER:eek:

4. GregNickRyanFan

A guy has been crowned Idol three years in a row, right? David, Kris and Lee, right? But, I kind of think a guy will end up winning this season too. We've only got two girls left in the competition and as good as their voices are, I don't think they'll win.

Bottom three were Haley, stefano and Paul. Haley was sent back to the couch leaving the two guys. Paul got eliminated.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  5. michael799a

michael799a Civilian

thanks for post

6. Desertwind

Again I was stunned by the elimination of Paul:wtf:He was fantastic, a young Rod Stewart with his raspy unique voice. And his winning, sparkling, personality and those white-white teeth, and flashy smile. I thought it would be Lauren although she's great too:thumbsup:

7. Desertwind

My summary of last night's "Idol"~

SCOTTY Sang "Swinging" by LeAnn Rimes, this kid is only 17 and so country and his deep voice, he's so good:bolian:

JAMES Sang "Uprising" by Muse. This guy is a natural entertainer, multi-talented, pure rock. Steven Tyler said on his outfit. "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap"

HALEY Sang Adele's "Rolling In The Deep", she kinda of growls, but it sounds fabulous, her pitch from high and loud and then to soft and gentle:wtf:

JACOB Sang "Dance With My Father" by Luthur Vandross. Unbeliveable range, a deep strong voice..amazing:eek:

CASEY Sang "Harder To Breath" by Maroon Five. Also so versatile, he can sing any genre', and he played his guitar:thumbsup:

STEFANO Don't know this song, but he's been a favorite since the beginning he's just great;)

LAUREN Sang Sara Evans "Born To Fly", she kicked a.., another strong voice, another natural~

I can't pick their all fantastic~tonight another elimination:(

8. Desertwind

They eliminated STEFANO:( I was surprised as were the judges. But he's so good, he'll do fine with his career, and they are all going on tour after the finalist is announced, so he'll be a part of that~

9. Desertwind

What are former "American Idols" doing now? What the H happened to Adam Lambert?:confused: he was stupendous!

WHERE ARE THEY NOW

10. Desertwind

Any favs. for tonight? It's down to the wire, Saw Pia last night on "DWTS" she's dating one of the dance teachers. There all so terrific, it's going to be tough to eliminate any:confused:

11. GregNickRyanFan

Actually, Pia told AJ from "Showbiz Tonight" that she and Mark are just friends.

12. Desertwind

OK> but on TMZ they caught them holding hands and snuggling, if that's something one does with a "friend" everybody lies when they have to or want to:cool:

13. Desertwind

My brief summary of last night's contestants~They all sang Carol King songs, one of the best singer/songwriters ever~

JACOB "Oh No Not My Baby" he did something he usually doesn't. Sang the blues really good:bolian:

LAUREN "Where You Go I Will Follow". She's great as always, she can sing anything and with such gusto~

CASEY and HALEY "I Feel The Earth Move", fabulous, their a perfect duo.

SCOTTY "Call On Me", really different for him, still a bit country but with a blues twist, and he nailed it~

JAMES "Will You still Love Me Tomorrow". Again he did something opposite of his venue, but amazing and beautiful:bolian:

LAUREN and SCOTTY "Up On The Roof" two peas in a pod, really connected a great duet~

CASEY "Hedi Hedi Ho". He's just spectatular, he can do anything:bolian:

HALEY "Beautiful". she's sensational too..did a great rendition of a great song~

JACOB and JAMES "I'm Into Something Good", a odd combination, but they pulled it off fantastic~

I pick all of them this is the best group of kids to me ever on "AI" one goes home tonight:(

14. Desertwind

This was a real shocker to me, tha they eliminated Casey. I actually thought he "be the one" his range is incredible.:wtf: who knew? It was cool to see Crystal Bowersox. She finally had her dingy, crooked, missing teeth fixed. Nice, straight and so white~ what an improvement.:bolian:

15. GregNickRyanFan

Some online sites thought for sure Jacob would be the one voted off. I'm shocked it was Casey.

I think in the end its probably gonna come down to James and Scotty or maybe James and one of the girls.