"The Two Mrs. Grissoms" Discussion *SPOILERS*

I just saw that TVGuide article, "There was conflict and the peacemaker was MIA", :lol: he was probably wise for staying put in South America

And I just rewatched TTMG

"You never came by the office when I worked there", now we know why we never saw her before :lol:

I'm assuming they met his mother after his ear surgery cause they didn't know anythng about her in Sounds of Silence

Never thought we'd see the blue marble again but the same writer for this one also did House of Hoarders

Glad to see questions about GSR are getting answered

"My mother snores like a bear" Hodges you have got to move out of your mother's house

After initially being sceptical of the original spoilers I was looking forward to this ep due to the trailer, casting and Grissom. But, man, it was boring! My least favourite ep of the season so far.

Sara looked stunning in that dress. Marlee Matlin was great, been a fan since I saw her in West Wing. Grissom's mum was well cast.

After initially being sceptical of the original spoilers I was looking forward to this ep due to the trailer, casting and Grissom. But, man, it was boring! My least favourite ep of the season so far.

Sara looked stunning in that dress. Marlee Matlin was great, been a fan since I saw her in West Wing. Grissom's mum was well cast.

Am I the only one old enough to say I've been a fan of Marlee since "Children of a Lesser God" in 1986?? :( :lol:

Am I the only one old enough to say I've been a fan of Marlee since "Children of a Lesser God" in 1986?? :( :lol:

I wasn't born then *runs away*

:p

Run fast, little darlin'.

I remember the movie and that Marlee played opposite William Hurt, but I don't really remember ever watching the film. If I remember correctly my movie-going partner at the time was more into the 'Rambo' type of films. :lol: Now I've really dated myself....

I was... but just out of diapers myself... o_O

Depends on when it came out in '86. If it makes you feel old, know that when all my co-workers were discussing the Challenger memorial, I mentioned I wasn't even born yet. Think of that. The world hadn't yet been exposed to my brilliance. :rommie:

On topic, I watched the episode again and it is actually pretty good. Sara has really grown on me.

As 1) a Sara fan
2) a Grissom fan
3) a GSR fan: and here I might need to explain: to me, those two have always been kind of "emotionally unavailable"...except towards each other. And I always felt like they had a great partnership. To me, there is chemistry there, always has been, but, as Hodges pointed out so well, a much different one than with LH. A healthier one, IMO. :adore:
If anyone doubts that, maybe rewatch "Butterflied" (S4 or 5)...everything is in there...without them even talking to each other.
4) someone who avoids spoilers

I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugegrin:

Nothing could have made me happier. I hated the last ep (could not believe one second of it), and I had very low expectations for this one.
Sara has always been my fav, because she was the one getting a bit emotional over her cases. To me, it showed that she cared. Deeply. I've been enjoying watching her grow over the years.
So, in this ep, I had all the sides of Sara I could possibly wish for: snarky, doubtful, annoyed, happy, defensive, blunt, honest, funny...:thumbsup:

And I got to meet MaGeek, and I got to first HEAR Grissom AND See him. Seriously. I miss him so much.
I'm so glad that questions on their marriage have been answered, although I always had faith in it. They're just so complementary, they're perfect for each other.

And the rest of the cast was great. I love Hodges, and his verbal diarrhea was awesome, Cath was hilarious, Brass had his one liners, and Nick and Sara got into a pissing contest.
I loved it. Not necessarily for the investigation, but for what we got on the characters.

And we had a true Grissom moment at the end. And MaGeek came around.
I'm on cloud nine. :lol:

Much better than the last episode. Phew! I was worried about a downward spiral (yeah, I know... it was just one bad ep, but I'm PARANOID! :lol: )

Anyway, not awesome, not terrible... but a decent ep. Good casting, and nice to see Gris again. Plus, anytime Nick laughs I'm happy. :)

*yawns*
I had some log in problems.After a few try i realized i was writing the wrong password. Now i don't even remember what i was going to post heh...:wtf:

I guess i won't say something different . When i first saw the spoilers i thought it won't be a good episode but it was better than i expected . It was a really good feeling to see Grissom again! I liked Grissom's mother but i don't know the ex. Not a Sara fan but i like her when she isn't too angsty. I like to see Sara's positive side.

Cath's words to Sara about Griss and his mom , Sara and Cath's expressions ,Grissom,Brass of course, Nick's expressions and Hodges made me smile. I don't know about the case , i guess i found it boring or maybe too coincidental and just focused on the characters this time. With more Grissom, some more Greg and some case i feel stunned it would be a better episode :p But like i said the episode was better than the spoiler version.

So last season's main theme was family and now the main theme is relationships? Hodges and Wendy, Cath and Varty, Greg and Ellen and maybe more...

Just watched it and loved it. Finally we saw Grissom again and met his mother. Good to know that his mother and Sara will start all over again. And I hope his 'soon' means, we'll see him on the show and not only that he'll be in Vegas, but we won't see anything of him.

Hodges should really think of moving out - after all he's old enough for his own apartment.

I missed Greg a little bit, there wasn't much of him. I had hoped he'd support Sara a little bit.

The sign language was really interesting. I started to learn sign language three weeks ago and even if we don't do American Sign Language, I could understood a few things. It's an amazing language.

The case itself was interesting. Evil Canadians. I didn't think they existed. You know, like unicorns. I bet it's just an old urban myth Canadian moms tell their Canadian children to scare them. "Eat all your vegetables or the Quebec-ians will get you!"
LOL, Anglo take on Québécois!

It was odd. I wasn't really taken by the case, itself, but -- and this is very unusual for me -- I was drawn in to the personal story of Sara's interaction with Grissom's mother. I thought Jorja did a superb job in this episode. My, she's come a long way since "Sounds of Silence"! And Phyllis Frelich was a stroke of brilliant casting as Grissom's mother; she bears a physical resemblance to William Petersen, and also brought many of the same mannerisms to her role that Petersen did to Grissom.

I've never seen Sara so glammed up as she was at the beginning of the episode, and apparently neither have the other CSIs. Their reactions to her were hilarious . . . as was Hodges' total foot-in-mouth rambling. I think his problem is that he fantasizes about himself as Grissom, so he characterizes Grissom almost as a superhero and all that involves . . . including sex lives, getting the girl at the end. So he forgot who he was talking to/about, and then when he realized it, his nerves got the better of him and he just dug himself in deeper. Too funny!

It was pretty touching to see Grissom at the end. When I heard his voice at the beginning, I was like, "That's really his voice!" Then I wanted to see him again, and got that wish at the end of the episode. But, as others have noted, it also reminded me of how much I miss him.

Last edited:

I wasn't quite a decade old back then, but I was still old enough to remember something had I watched it... but I never watched "Children Of A Lesser God". I didn't know who she was until the series she did with Mark Harmon called "Reasonable Doubts".

Marlee usually speaks a little in her roles (like the guy who died in this episode did), but she didn't speak at all on this episode.

Marlee usually speaks a little in her roles (like the guy who died in this episode did), but she didn't speak at all on this episode.
True, and it's interesting to note that speech vs. sign language was one of the plot points of "Children of a Lesser God."

Finally got to watch the episode. I was relieved. I think they had just enough Grissom involvement to make it interesting without having his presence overpower the storyline. I really liked the epi. Sarah remained the strong person she has become - again. I'm so glad she didn't go all emo over Gil's mom's disapproval. I liked that, in the end, it wasn't about disappointment because Mom wanted someone else for Gil; it was just a mom's concern that Gil and his wife should be together more than they are apart. As much as I'm not a Gil/Sara shipper, I thought the episode was well written and played. My one disappointment was that they felt the need to turn Marlee Maitlin into a cradle robber. Were they afraid she'd outshine Jorja Fox? It was unnecessary for the storyline; JF held her own quite well opposite a star of MM's stature. Oh, and Sara's getting better at shrugging off the Lady Heather references. :lol:

Back