"The Two Mrs. Grissoms" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

They said the nitrates found were similar to the ones in the bombs at the cop's funeral, but said those were more sophisticated than this one. So yeah, they referenced it. :)

2. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I enjoyed the episode too. Love that statment Brass said, "Well this is ackward." :rommie: the entire show was good.

I like Sara and her strength of character. She made a difficult situation better by focusing on the crime instead of letting Mrs Grissom get to her. I guess she doesn't understand the complexities of long distance marriages. But I digress. :cool:

So the killer was a Canadian from Quebec huh?!?! Just down the road from where I live. And he wasn't deaf either. Well Gee Whillikers!!! :eek: but that scan Catherine and Sara put him through was great. Never knew that existed. Technology has sure advanced over the years and it has really helped crime fighting. Good scene there.

The thing that I really liked about the show was the end where the Two Mrs Grissoms had a chance to talk to Gil and the women reconciled or called a truce or whatever they did. It showed a lot of compassion for the man they both love. And that "I love you" sign was a hoot as well.

Overall it was well worth the wait. :thumbsup: ;) :p :)

thanks everyone,
    Linda :)

3. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Excellent episode! Jorja did a superb job between the sign language and dealing with Julia and Betty. Her facial expressions were priceless! And I loved the brother sister rivalry between her and Nick.

Hodges needs to learn when to shut up. I love him but not even halfway through they were uncomfortable and I lost track of what he was saying! :D Though I did like the Lady Heather comment...And Sara saying she and Gil have great sex ?!

That last scene = PRICELESS!!! That interaction was great though kind of awkward...just a little ;) "Your mom is asking about our sex life..." hahahaha. Never thought I'd hear that one.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

M'kay thank you :) I need to rewatch tomorrow

And another thing, was Archie in this ep cause I don't remember seeing him and he's credited or maybe I'm just getting tired

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow. I melted after that last scene. :adore:
    I thought it was a good case. Never really suspected the interpreter.
    I liked learning more about the deaf community. And I thought it was very well done.
    Marlee Matlin was great. I'm glad Julia and Sara reconciled. And Phyllis Frelich was perfectly cast as Grissom's mom.
    I absolutely loved the Catherine/Sara scenes! That's the most we have gotten in a long time. Cath was a good supervisor in this one; she oversaw what was happening, and she supported her team, specifically Sara in this case. We haven't seen enough of their friendship and mutual respect, IMO.
    I also liked the Sara/Nick scenes. Perfect.
    Hodges! Great verbal diarrhea from him. :lol:
    Loved the continuity: the plant (she likes 'vegetation'!), the marble, the fetal pig on the desk, and Grissom even had his wedding ring on. :)
    I thought the last scene was perfect. Loved the 'sex pots' talk! It was nice seeing Grissom, and he looked very,very happy. :) Loved his 'Hi, Mom!'. :lol: It was all very touching and very nice. "Love you both"; "Love you, too." Awwwwwww.
    An awesome episode!
    And a great Sara episode! Jorja did a wonderful job. I loved watching her sign throughout.
    Now we know why Sara seems so happy since returning. I think the writers answered all my questions, and then some. :)

Easily a perfect 10 from me. :hugegrin:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  6. murph116

murph116 Dead on Arrival

So what was Grissom's mom signing "about their sex life" at the end? She also signed something else after the sex pot story and then Grissom said "sometimes too much." I guess I'm not clever enough to piece it all together...

7. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I cheched and he was indeed credited, but I guess they cut him out for some reason.

That was my favorite part about this episode. The plot wasn't very exiting to me, but it was really interesting to learn those small things about their commmunity, like the fire alarm systems.

Some other thoughts:
    It was nice to see Grissom again, even though it was only through a computer screen. He sure looks different from the last time we saw him, but not in a bad way.
    Greg's screentime was pretty bad, but it was expected after last episode.:)
    I liked all the scenes with Nick and Sara.

The most interesting scene to me was after the second explosion in Julia's office. When Nick came in there, I noticed he looked pretty scared, more than I would have expected him to be. I haven't really followed any spoilers, but are we to assume that he's still suffering from some kind of ptsd from the last bommings in the begining of the season? I might be wrong, but it was interesting.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I recall reading about this ep, but I need to follow stuff closer I guess...Grissom's cameo completely surprised me at the end. I loved it though, and so did mom. The ep had stuck out earlier because of the re-use of Marlie Matlin(sp?)...she was already in CSI NY. Plus the Grissom's mom thing.

Hodges was hilarious, yes. A classic case of "want some fries with that foot?" lol

IDK how anyone could 'still plan to skip it'...I don't think things have been this good since Grissom left.

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Solid episode all around. It was good seeing Grissom at the end, made me realize how much I miss seeing him on the show.

10. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

That was a pretty good episode. All the little mentions of Grissom, and hearing his voice in the beginning and seeing him at the end really made this episode seem like an older one. I liked that. Also realized that I kinda miss Grissom...

The case itself was interesting. Evil Canadians. I didn't think they existed. You know, like unicorns. I bet it's just an old urban myth Canadian moms tell their Canadian children to scare them. "Eat all your vegetables or the Quebec-ians will get you!"

I mainly enjoyed all the interactions between the the team. Nick is quite the ham. That death glare Sara gave him was priceless. And Hodges really need to learn to shut up (and how to move out of his mom's house). Cath and Ray were pretty good here too. Also, did anyone notice how freaked out Nick was when he got to the scene to see if Sara and Ray were alright? The other two were a lot more calm than more Nick. Has he become slightly more paranoid and clingy of his team due to years and years of near-deaths and occasional deaths?

All in all, good episode. I like Sara now. I especially like when she gets her bitch on with suspects. That little smirk she had whenever she dealt with Julia made me laugh. And I will say that Sara cleans up nice. Her get-up at the beginning was... intriguing.

To sum up: I like Sara, Nick was hilarious, and Grissom needs to come back. Oh, and evil Canadians exist.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

A much better episode than I expected. Phyllis and Marlee where amazing and I think that helped the episode a lot. The highlights for me (besides seeing Grissom again :)) where Catherine's expressions throughout. Her "you just described Grissom" was funny :lol: as well as her reactions throughout Hodges erm participation :lol:. I could've done without the "Grissom and I have great sex" line though :lol:. Sorry I've just never seen an ounce of chemistry between those two. All in all a pretty decent episode.

12. Smokey

"Unicorns"!!!!!!! :guffaw::guffaw: Oh man...anyway...

Yeah, hearing about Sara and Grissom's sex life...no thanks. Ugh. But overall the episode made me laugh a lot. The rest of the cast as supporting characters to this drama Sara was going through worked really well. Nick... :lol: He reminded me of Eddie Haskell..."Hello, Mrs. Cleaver". :lol:

It was a little distracting to have sign interpreters following everyone around all the time, but I know it was necessary so we would be able to follow what was going on.

And yeah, Nick seemed pretty freaked out with the explosion. Understandable, that's for sure, after what he's been through lately and with the "cop bomber" still out there. He's a good supervisor...looking out for his team. :)

13. electra

electra Pathologist

Loved this one.One of the things I am more grateful to the writers this season is for bringing the old Sara back.She is determined,tough like she used to.This was her episode and Jorja did a wonderful job.Bad part is that I reallly miss Grissom.:( But overall the case was interesting and the team scenes were great.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought that was a really important detail that said a lot. It is very realistic for Nick to have gotten really freaked out by the explotion after what he went through. So kudos to George, director, or whoever thought about how his reaction should be. Continuity in these kind of things throughout the franchise is rare so I'm glad we could see it here.

15. Smokey

I agree. I honestly think they're listening to us after everything we've seen this season. It seems like they are hearing our complaints and concerns and addressing them. Like last night...Mrs. Grissom asked every question we've been asking about that relationship! :lol: