• Greg Sanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sara Sidle

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • A new teamleader

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thnk a reminder may be in order. Fishburne is an actor who portrays a character, as was William Petersen. You can be upset at an actor for leaving a show, but to start disliking a character because of it?

That's something that I think is sometimes hard to differentiate between. The actor "becomes" the character to some people (which is why some actors quit actually :confused:).

Also, sometimes the explanations on-screen about real life decisions seem somewhat contrived and hard to believe, which makes it even harder. If a character starts acting "out of character" because the actor is quitting so the character needs to be written off, then it's easier to be upset at the character too, for changing, and not being "true to themselves." In the end though, we do need to realize that the actors make their own decisions (or in some cases, TPTB do), and we just have to overlook the oddness of how it comes across in story (I was thinking more of Liz Vassey's departure when I wrote this paragraph).

Besides, if tptb are trying to turn anyone into Grissom, it's Nick. :lol:

"The student has become the master"? :D

Personality-wise, WP made Grissom a wonderfully unique character, which I don't think anyone is trying to duplicate. They're all creating their own characters.

Professionally, Nick is certainly becoming what Grissom was - a competent CSI, a bug expert, and a supervisor. It's just natural though - there are certain roles in the lab that need to be filled, and when one person steps out, another steps in. Unfortunately, in Langston's case (in some opinions), he didn't step into the "newbie/learner/follower" role (that Greg should be moving up out of), but skipped through that quickly and into more of a "take charge" role that he hasn't earned yet.

One of the things that makes humans what we are is our ability to learn from the past. By bringing up Grissom, we're not "living in the past" - we're looking at how the past was, in order to understand how the present came to be, and have a better idea of what the future might hold.

One of the things that makes humans what we are is our ability to learn from the past. By bringing up Grissom, we're not "living in the past" - we're looking at how the past was, in order to understand how the present came to be, and have a better idea of what the future might hold.

This is exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't get the right words. You said it perfectly. ;)

I agree with one thing. No one can replace Grissom as presented by William Peterson. I definately hate when Grissom's going to be "cloned".

Here's that thread DJ;) so once again if and when Cath/Marg leaves who who be the appropriate team leader? Would it be up to Conrad Ecklie, or would Cath have the right to promote say Nick? It seems so short of a time ago when "Shock Waves" [fav] premiered and now here we are in 2011:wtf: Time goes so fast on this show. How many episodes are left anyway?

Cath seemed to be in charge in "A Kiss Before Frying" she told Greg to go home, because he was tired, but they all seemed to be on a even keel with the case of the burnt guys~

Since Nick is already a supervisor he would be the most logical choice. I will not tolerate Ray (or Sara) leading the team, I would also quit watching.

I think that Nick would be the logical choice and he's been on the longest, as a leader type CSI. and has that supervisor persona. I don't think Ray would want it, and it's iffy if he will even continue on the show, and same with Jorja. I do think that CSI will keep on keeping on and I will be a die-hard fan till it is over, and the fat lady sings:thumbsup:

I think that Nick would be the logical choice and he's been on the longest, as a leader type CSI. and has that supervisor persona. I don't think Ray would want it, and it's iffy if he will even continue on the show, and same with Jorja. I do think that CSI will keep on keeping on and I will be a die-hard fan till it is over, and the fat lady sings:thumbsup:

I think Nick would be an obvious choice. If you watch the first few seasons and compare it to now, it's so evident that he's grown a lot and would make a great supervisor. He's fair and he still has that empathy that we all know and love!

Has there been any news as to who's signed on for S/12? This would be relevant to who the new teamleader would be:confused:

Nick would be the obvious choice, unless they did new casting. I don't want to see Ray stepping up either, it makes no sense.

I saw that CSI game...would love to throw more time into it but I can't get out of Kingdoms of Camelot long enough to make time lol

And as for Grissom, the teaching thing would have gone better to begin with. Grrrr at TPTB for the wandering, traveling storyline.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Marg stay for another season, but if not... hmm... I think Lauren Holly (Jenny Shepard from NCIS) would make a great team-leader.

How about Kyra Sedgwick from "The Closer", they cancelled that , so she's available, and was the boss on the show:eek:

Kyra won't be free until next year. Production hasn't ended (let alone started) on the final season, and most likely won't be wrapped until the beginning of next year. As much as I would like to see her join the show (after all, The Closer is fantastic) it just isn't likely when CSI starts production on season 12 in July.

That's right vegaslights I do remember reading that. So how about Poppy Montgomery from the now defunct "WOAT", or Kathryn Morris from "Cold Case" both strong beautiful women and great actresses:bolian:

Back