• Greg Sanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sara Sidle

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • A new teamleader

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whoever posted the names on this poll it's not LANGSTROM, it's LANGSTON:)
I didn't even notice that...argh, people spelling the character's names wrong is always a pet peeve of mine. You never see anyone spelling Grissom's name Grisham or Sara Sidle as Sarah Sidel.:lol:
OK, I'm going to get in trouble for the rant, but I had to get it out.
Vampireluvr...if you know you're going to get in trouble for something then don't do it.

whoever posted the names on this poll it's not LANGSTROM, it's LANGSTON:)
I didn't even notice that...argh, people spelling the character's names wrong is always a pet peeve of mine. You never see anyone spelling Grissom's name Grisham or Sara Sidle as Sarah Sidel.:lol:

I've seen it as Grisham (or something similar). :rolleyes:

OK, I'm going to get in trouble for the rant, but I had to get it out.
Vampireluvr...if you know you're going to get in trouble for something then don't do it.

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission? :p

Desert, you did mention Ray - you pointed out that his name was spelled wrong! :lol:

Anyway, we all seem to agree.. Nick for Supervisor! :)

Comparing Langston to a "cockroach" nice..that's just plain mean:( could you all please show some common decency? And it's really detrimental to ths actor and his character. I like the whole cast, I just wished everyone else did, they are all superb and outstanding, and contribute to this great show.

Just sat down and read the entire thread. Lively back and forth here everyone.

Here's my 2 cents (although in this economy that's not saying much):

Ray - great actor, interesting character, just not enough experience as a CSI for the supervisory role.

Nick - been there the longest. I would love to see him finally take over, but my only concern is his tendency lately to allow Ray (not LF!) to take over crime scenes. The next supervisor should be able to allow the other investigators to give their findings and insight on a scene, but should still be in charge unless they have given that other investigator lead status on the case. I sometimes think Nick is too laid back in that respect. I love the guy and it pains me to say it so please don't nail me to the wall for it.

Greg - Love me my Greg, too, but there is no way in h*** that he is ever going to be elevated to that position after costing the city/county/whoever the $ after the Aaron James case.

Sara - I like Sara, but her leaving the lab a few seasons ago should inhibit her hiring as a supervisor. She was never a favorite of Ecklie's since she was unable to keep some negative feelings for his decisions to herself. I always thought it odd that she was hired back by him. It never rang true to me when Sara mentioned that Ecklie had called her for recommendations.

Someone New - I guess I'm thinking this is the best scenario, but who.... I think in looking at what's tried and true the new person should be 1) an exMarine (CSI:NY and NCIS :p), 2) female (there's a huge lack of estrogen on the show right now), 3) possible minority (only other characters presently are Ray and the currently non-existent Archie), and 4) someone who is relatively unknown (so that we won't lose the remainder of the cast when negotiations roll around again).

Although for the life of me right now I'm not coming up with any names.

Comparing Langston to a "cockroach" nice..that's just plain mean:( could you all please show some common decency? And it's really detrimental to ths actor and his character. I like the whole cast, I just wished everyone else did, they are all superb and outstanding, and contribute to this great show.

Simmer down there, DW. I don't think AFIS meant it as an insult. Cockroaches are known for their near invulnerability. It was probably a joke/compliment. Just as I was joking about wanting everyone dead. It's all good-natured humor. :)

Since Nick is already a supervisor, I would say he should continue to be.

I agree with Dizzney/Vampira, if they put Ray in charge that would be reason enough to stop watching.

or

Bring back Grissom - that should have been a option in the poll!!

I don't get why fans are still ranting about Grissom:confused: He's been gone since S/9,

I don't think any of us are 'ranting' about Grissom. I think by the fact that we're still talking about him and remembering his quirks is a sign of how much we liked him. To me it's a sign of respect. It may annoy the incoming supervisor to be always compared to a past one but that is life. It's also a sign of how good an acting job William Petersen did in bringing us the character.

My daughter and her boyfriend think that the writers are trying hard to pigeon-hole Ray into Grissom. That he's his own person, and it's not working cause' their two different people. I never really thought that, but maybe it's a fact. Nobody will ever replace Grissom, but it's a whole new ballgame and, for me I can't see living in the past and keep talking about someone who [WP] choose to leave the show. I'm trying to focus on what's going on now, and not live in the past. He was great, but so is the new lead:bolian: just different~

[/B]Vampireluvr[/B]...if you know you're going to get in trouble for something then don't do it.

When did you become a mod?

My daughter and her boyfriend think that the writers are trying hard to pigeon-hole Ray into Grissom. That he's his own person, and it's not working cause' their two different people. I never really thought that, but maybe it's a fact. Nobody will ever replace Grissom, but it's a whole new ballgame and, for me I can't see living in the past and keep talking about someone who [WP] choose to leave the show. I'm trying to focus on what's going on now, and not live in the past. He was great, but so is the new lead just different~

I don't think tptb are trying to make Langston into Grissom. NO ONE would ever be able to be Grissom. I think tptb are trying to make Langston seem like the leader, without putting him in the leader role, but turning him into Grissom? Nope.

I thnk a reminder may be in order. Fishburne is an actor who portrays a character, as was William Petersen. You can be upset at an actor for leaving a show, but to start disliking a character because of it?

Besides, if tptb are trying to turn anyone into Grissom, it's Nick. :lol:

Back