Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
Last new episode of 2010 tonight... give it a watch and let us know what you thought! :cool:

Writing as I watch.

Aww Mac and Jo. That was cute, until they caught the pickpocket. That pickpocket was about as stealthy as an elephant.

I want snow like this. It's not fair :(

I don't like how Jo just remembered that random woman. I mean, I can't remember random people. But I'm wondering if that woman is okay...

I guess she is. But she killed him? I don't think so. It's way too early in the episode for her to be the killer.

OH Adam, aren't you adorable XD Oh Hawkes... I love you, but I don't love that shirt and jacket combo on you. That looks like a miniature polo player- is that Ralph Lauren I see? The whole ensemble is a little awkward.

What is with music? NY has the WEIRDEST music ever.

I really don't think it's the girl.

Does every suspect that meets Flack and Danny have to run? Is it like some sort of hormonal imbalance that the two of them give off every time they work together that makes suspects run? If you aren't guilty, you wouldn't run. Uh duh...

I don't want the woman to be the killer. But I do like this self-defense thing. Better than her being a murderer. I can't see her as a murderer, but I suppose that much shock at what she had done/had happened to her would reduce her mind to a childish state.

Victim was a d ends in ouchebag with a capital D. I like Jo so much more than Stella. Jo is so much more personal than Stella. I never remember Stella being this personal.

Flack is so sexy. He just brings sexiness into every scene. I think he's so successful because everyone bows in the presence of his sexiness.

Oh shopping counter girl got assaulted by the guy. Aww I feel bad for her.

Adam is so cute! I love him so much, but not as much as Hawkes :shifty:

Random tangent: I love the coats they wear on NY. They make me so happy.

Okay, Mac, put the camera in rice. That's what you do. I've had several friends do that with their phones after water damage and the phones work perfectly well after. I guess that's what Adam was trying to do. Sorta.

Oh no, Elena stole things. Oh, what a beeeeeotch. Way to take advantage of your position, beeeeeeotch.

Okay, she's sick, but that's no excuse.

This guy really was a tool, but they were both wrong.

Gah, this company sucks! I would never work for them. They're being exploited.

Okay, now I'm really confused. What did she do with the money?

Aww the guy is giving her money to the people at the store. Aww there are Christmas miracles.

I want it to snow. I know I've already said that, but it's so peaceful.

Okay, I better grade this episode. Another A from me. I loved it because I love holiday stuff XD And snow :shifty:

I love Jo. ♥

Flack's hair is getting ridonkulous. I do love when he and Danny chase suspects, though. Loved the fistbump and the 'imaginary bucks' thing. It's the little things I like. ;)

I love Adam - I totally need to make a GIF out of his scene with Hawkes about the branch. ♥

So much for an episode that is less thought provoking. Once again an abused person takes action. I think it was a preachy episode but it was rather good. It held my attention. But in fairness I was enjoying Mac the most. He looked so great in it.

I loved the intro with the pick pocket and Mac's comment about shopping. I cannot picture Gary/Mac shopping.

The victim was a creep. The perp was a sad girl but yet again I am pondering the need to kill someone who is bad. The company and the bossman were bad. But the woman pulling a Robin Hood is not very likely.

Overall I give the show an A tonight.

My main critique is the 3 music scenarios with the csi's doing tests. 3 was a little much

So, just to make sure I've got this right. Dying woman gets pissed that the shop is spending a ton of money on shop windows i.e. ADVERTISING rather than spending money on staff and/or bonuses, so she makes sure that the shop has even *less* money to pay staff by ripping it off to the tune of a couple of hundred thousand bucks? (and Mac's calculations were off, unless she was working 7 days a week).

For starters, if the shop doesn't put the money into promotion, that will mean less shoppers, and less sales, and less money to actually pay the staff. Yes, the head guy was behaving like a tosser, but that still doesn't justify grand larceny. I wonder whether the select members of staff who actually got a payout would prefer that little bonus to actually I don't know, keeping their jobs and/or benefits?

Ugh, while the storyline itself was interesting enough, the whole "OMG, she's being all Robin Hood, isn't that wonderful and big businesses are evil and deserve to be ripped off" message just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Personally, I'd have preferred it if she'd just felt that she deserved the money herself and was planning to blow it all on a mega holiday for herself. Still just as unjustified in the theft, but at least she's the only one who would have paid - because once the robbery division *do* get around to looking into it and realize who got all the dosh, you think they're going to be allowed keep it?

When Mac was going after the "pick pocket" and Jo started whinning..."NOW? REALLY?"...she sounded like a ragging wife:lol:

big businesses are evil and deserve to be ripped off"
Sounds alot like the politics going on in real life right now!!

Personally, I'd have preferred it if she'd just felt that she deserved the money herself and was planning to blow it all on a mega holiday for herself. Still just as unjustified in the theft, but at least she's the only one who would have paid - because once the robbery division *do* get around to looking into it and realize who got all the dosh, you think they're going to be allowed keep it?
And once the money is spent hence the double hardship of trying to pay it back.

The victim was a creep. The perp was a sad girl but yet again I am pondering the need to kill someone who is bad.

This was a totally different scenario than in the last episode. She only went there to tell him he could turn her in, but she wasn't letting him take advantage of her sexually anymore. She didn't go there to kill him. She HAD to kill him because he was trying to strangle her. I don't think she meant to kill him, only render him temporarily unconscious so that she could get away. If she hadn't hit him with the branch, he would have killed her. He'd already caused her to get stabbed on whatever that was that hit her back.

I wonder whether the select members of staff who actually got a payout would prefer that little bonus to actually I don't know, keeping their jobs and/or benefits?

That's just it though, they wouldn't be keeping their jobs or getting benefits. He said HER job was safe, but that he was going to let others go and they wouldn't get notice. Most jobs that let someone go give them enough notice so they they can find another job or at least give them a little money to hold them until they can find another job. This guy wasn't planning to do that and that is why she took the money... because she knew they were going to lose their jobs without anything to tide them over until they found a new one.

once the robbery division *do* get around to looking into it and realize who got all the dosh, you think they're going to be allowed keep it?

The money would probably be long since spent by the time they got around to it. Since the woman would likely be dead by the time they got around to it. It'd be much cheaper for them to drop the case than to shell out even more money by taking it to court to get the money back from the employees.

It was wrong of her to take the money, but she was trying to do something good. It was just the wrong way to go about it. She probably would have been better off getting some dirt on the owner and blackmailing him into giving the employees that he was going to get rid of money to help them until they found another job. Of course that's illegal too, but at least there would be less chance of the other employees suffering for her bad choice.

For starters, if the shop doesn't put the money into promotion, that will mean less shoppers, and less sales, and less money to actually pay the staff. Yes, the head guy was behaving like a tosser, but that still doesn't justify grand larceny. I wonder whether the select members of staff who actually got a payout would prefer that little bonus to actually I don't know, keeping their jobs and/or benefits?

Ugh, while the storyline itself was interesting enough, the whole "OMG, she's being all Robin Hood, isn't that wonderful and big businesses are evil and deserve to be ripped off" message just left a bad taste in my mouth.
LOL. I think you are over thinking this. :)
And, I don't think it came across as 'big businesses are evil', but more that the victim was. He was going to lay off the employees, and he was blackmailing Elena with sex, so he didn't really care about the company either. Realizing they couldn't really punish her since she was dying, Elena set out to help those employees (I'm assuming it might have been the ones she knew were being let go). She didn't know when she made that plan that she would be killing him.
I enjoyed the episode. It was a little sappy, but it is the 'Christmas' episode, so you have to accept some of that.
My favorite scene was Flack and Mac interrogating the pick-pocket. I loved Flack's reaction to the perp saying, 'so it's my word against his (Mac)'. Priceless. :lol:
I don't usually post on the NY boards, but I have been watching more regularly since Sela Ward came on; I like what she has brought to the show.

One thing that bugged me a tiny bit is ... when the pickpocket said "its my word against yours" to Mac... why didn't Mac mention that Jo also saw him stealing the wallets? That would be two cops' word against the perp's lol.

One thing that bugged me a tiny bit is ... when the pickpocket said "its my word against yours" to Mac... why didn't Mac mention that Jo also saw him stealing the wallets? That would be two cops' word against the perp's lol.
I think they were too stunned, and amused, to hear that the perp thought his word could hold weight when compared to a cop; especially one of Mac's stature.

...Ugh, while the storyline itself was interesting enough, the whole "OMG, she's being all Robin Hood, isn't that wonderful and big businesses are evil and deserve to be ripped off" message just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree, the Robin hood thing kinda bothered me. Sure she was doing something nice to the employees, but in a likely scenario the robbery division probably would go looking for the people who received an unmarked envelope of cash. Then the high-ups in the store would too. Unmarked envelopes of cash don't just appear and the store people were naive, but I understood their plight.

...This was a totally different scenario than in the last episode. She only went there to tell him he could turn her in, but she wasn't letting him take advantage of her sexually anymore. She didn't go there to kill him. She HAD to kill him because he was trying to strangle her. I don't think she meant to kill him, only render him temporarily unconscious so that she could get away. If she hadn't hit him with the branch, he would have killed her. He'd already caused her to get stabbed on whatever that was that hit her back.
Fair enough, but I won't go into the fact that she allowed him to take advantage in the past...I do admit he was much more likely to be an immediate threat to the woman than the mother in Justidied.

I won't go into the fact that she allowed him to take advantage in the past.

Yeah, too bad she couldn't have instead secretly recorded him sexually harassing her and use that against him. She was scared though, so I kind of understand why she did what she did.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I won't go into the fact that she allowed him to take advantage in the past...I do admit he was much more likely to be an immediate threat to the woman than the mother in Justidied.

Yes, because no woman has ever been exploited or sexually coerced by an authority figure, and everyone knows that once a woman gives consent to the sexual act, no matter how grudgingly, she loses the right to retract that consent or refuse further exploitation.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She put herself into a precarious position by skimming from the tills, and her altruistic motives don't absolve her from responsibility for the theft. Grossman should have fired her on the spot, and if he had, I would have had no sympathy for her. But to imply that she had what was coming to her at Grossman's hands because she stole money makes me need a shower. Many, many showers.

Yes, because no woman has ever been exploited or sexually coerced by an authority figure, and everyone knows that once a woman gives consent to the sexual act, no matter how grudgingly, she loses the right to retract that consent or refuse further exploitation.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She put herself into a precarious position by skimming from the tills, and her altruistic motives don't absolve her from responsibility for the theft. Grossman should have fired her on the spot, and if he had, I would have had no sympathy for her. But to imply that she had what was coming to her at Grossman's hands because she stole money makes me need a shower. Many, many showers.
Completely agree.

I won't go into the fact that she allowed him to take advantage in the past.
Yeah, that kind of bothered me. Too bad she couldn't have instead secretly recorded him sexually harassing her and use that against him.
I agree.

I wasn't saying that she had it coming to her since she stole the money. He should've fired her, but he was a horny man, he wasn't going to get rid of her. It is gross that she went along with his perverse stuff.

Back