"Cold Blooded" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

I think the scene with Greg carrying the gun was probably shot, but cut because of time constraints.
Maybe it was cut because they realized he does not carry a gun (or at least they have not established why he would be suddenly carrying one) so they dropped it.

Need to rewatch the episode. I missed the first ten minutes and then got called away for a time in the middle. So glad I set VCR.

One thing I really wished though..... close to the end of the episode, when Greg brought Nick the information about the map... I really wished that as asst. supervisor, Nick could have at least told Greg that he'd done a good job by finding that information. Greg was able to bring that child 'home' and it would have been nice for Nick to acknowledge that.

I soooo knew that Hodges wanted to be in the field for the dinosaur thing. :lol:

I think the scene with Greg carrying the gun was probably shot, but cut because of time constraints.

Nah...I don't think so. He wasn't wearing one in any of the scenes prior to that one. And when Nick charged into the building and Frankie ran around back, he just kind of followed her. Not sure her was holding her gun either tho...wouldn't she just holster it after she grabbed the guy?

One thing I really wished though..... close to the end of the episode, when Greg brought Nick the information about the map... I really wished that as asst. supervisor, Nick could have at least told Greg that he'd done a good job by finding that information. Greg was able to bring that child 'home' and it would have been nice for Nick to acknowledge that.

Actually, Greg said that Hodges was the one who found the seed on the shovel and they traced it to the right area.

Actually, Greg said that Hodges was the one who found the seed on the shovel and they traced it to the right area.

My bad, I thought he said he'd checked into the companies doing the 'seeeding' and had found the spot. Like I said, I need to rewatch the episode without disruptions. :)

My bad, I thought he said he'd checked into the companies doing the 'seeeding' and had found the spot. Like I said, I need to rewatch the episode without disruptions. :)

Yeah, he did do that part. :)

My Summary:

- Last week, there was no Catherine. This week, there’s no Sara. How do the writers expect to indulge my Cath/Sara shipper heart when they’re not even in the same episodes? I am not amused anymore! I knew the beginning of this season with the great little Cath/Sara scenes was too good to be true.

- There’s also limited Brass in this one, which is another reason that the addition of Detective Reed (even if she’s only semi-recurring) is strange. We know Marg asked for fewer episodes and less time in some others as well. Did Paul do the same? Are the writers trying to prepare us for next year with Marg, and maybe Paul gone too? Doesn’t matter really, cuz I won’t be watching. What I’ve seen so far this season is more of an emphasis on Nick (with Greg as his sidekick), Ray (there’s ALWAYS an emphasis on Ray, whether we want it or not! I DON’T!!), and more Hodges as well. Maybe that’s why they were trying so hard to get Katee on board in any role they could.

- FINALLY! Yes, we’re six episodes into this season and we FINALLY got a 2-case episode where they didn’t turn into one. What a novel concept! Here’s a thought: how about they start doing this on a regular basis?

- I was very disappointed that Catherine was stuck in the lab & PD throughout this one. After some of the recent episodes where she’s been out processing scenes, I was hoping that would continue. Alas, I should have known better. Silly me!

- I’m surprised that I didn’t enjoy this one more than I did. When I was little, I wanted to be a paleontologist. Not really with dinosaurs, but digging up fossils. I guess it was the growing-up-on-a-farm/playing-in-the-dirt thing.

- I loved that they had the final scene with just instrumental music and no dialogue. This is a great example of “less is more”, and a great ending to the episode. It reminds me of the ending scene in Lady Heather’s Box where one of the guys doing the commentary (Josh Berman, maybe?) said that he wished they had left out Lindsey’s dialogue of “It’s okay mommy” when she came in to comfort her mother on the bed.

- As I said previously, I don’t really understand them bringing in Katee Sackhoff as a new detective, especially when they’ve made her a Sofia Curtis/Riley Adams clone. If they wanted the same thing, why did they get rid of Louise or Lauren?

my full review can be found here

This was probably my favorite episode this season.
The dinosaurs looked really awesome. And I'm not usually the biggest Hodges fan, but I could totally relate to him in this episode. I would have acted exactly the same way if I'd gotten near those dinosaurs. :lol:

The case Nick and Greg were working was really sad. I felt like crying the end when they found that girls body. That scene was really well done.
Besides, I always love seeing Nick and Greg working together, they make a good team.
And on a compleatly shallow note, they both looked really good in this ep.:drool:

Nah...I don't think so. He wasn't wearing one in any of the scenes prior to that one. And when Nick charged into the building and Frankie ran around back, he just kind of followed her. Not sure her was holding her gun either tho...wouldn't she just holster it after she grabbed the guy?
I watched that scene extra carefully, because I wanted to see if Greg would really have a gun. And it kinda looked to me that Greg had something in his hands, but the scene was cut in a way we could never really see his hands entirely, or at least I didn't notice. So I think TPTB shot that scene with Greg holding a gun, but then realised they wouldn't have the time to explain it and cut in out.
But that's just my crazy theory. :)

Bit of a so-so episode but still enjoyed it, felt the dinosaur case kind of tailed of disappointingly (am i the only one who found the fiance irritating?)

Laughed out loud at the expression on hodges face when he was taking photos with the dinosaur.

Was surprised to see Brett Tucker as the tour manager, it hadn't clicked in my head that it was Dan from Neighbours (i don't know whether neighbours is shown in the US?)

Refreshing to see two separate cases that were in no way connected, still unsure about detective Reed, parts of the character felt forced so maybe she'll grow on me. Would still prefer more Brass, Vartann, and bringing Sofia back over bringing in the new detective.

Nice to see Brass in tough cop mode whilst interviewing the prison guard.

Overall a pretty average episode on the back of last weeks.

Bit of a so-so episode but still enjoyed it, felt the dinosaur case kind of tailed of disappointingly (am i the only one who found the fiance irritating?)

No, you're not the only one. And it was a very strange case. I think since they played the dinosaur angle so much....having it in the commercials and because...well, hey! We have dinosaurs! That they would have made it a bigger case than it was. The second case was meatier (no pun intended) and really made the episode for me.

I watched that scene extra carefully, because I wanted to see if Greg would really have a gun. And it kinda looked to me that Greg had something in his hands, but the scene was cut in a way we could never really see his hands entirely, or at least I didn't notice. So I think TPTB shot that scene with Greg holding a gun, but then realised they wouldn't have the time to explain it and cut in out.
But that's just my crazy theory. :)

For the whole Greg-with-a-gun mystery? Here are two snapshots and a promo shot.

Promo shot released by CBS for 'Cold Blooded' - Shows the scene with Greg and the gun running behind Reed. Clearly shows each having their own weapon. Also, if you look really closely under Greg's right elbow, seems like there's a holster there, too.
Snapshot One from 'Cold Blooded' - From where Nick is, you can see Greg run across the lawn with something in his hands in an identical pose with the promo shot.
Snapshot Two from 'Cold Blooded' - When Reed drags the guy back, it's definitely Greg and he's holding the gun.

So yeah, TPTB shot the scene but somehow cut it. Whether it was to save time on the ep or someone realised that they'd have to explain just why a guy who hadn't wanted to carry one for years suddenly would, we'd never know. =)

So yeah, TPTB shot the scene but somehow cut it. Whether it was to save time on the ep or someone realised that they'd have to explain just why a guy who hadn't wanted to carry one for years suddenly would, we'd never know. =)
I'm still thinking it is the 2nd theory. Maybe they saw the board here when that spoiler pic first came out and we kept saying they better explain why he is carrying a gun because he never has before. Then they went, opps, :guffaw:they are right and cut the scenes for the most part.

I liked Nick's face when the detective kicks the door in. Priceless. Actually, that was the only part of the episode I remember. Everything else was kind of...zombiefied. I mean, I get why we're supposed to be all sad and stuff, but I just didn't get it. Maybe I'm heartless :p I liked the dinosaurs, though the reason for the death was kind of half-assed. She's a meat eating black widow?! Oh noz...

An alright ep, I don't know I just felt something was missing, Sara maybe and not much of Catherine

Good grief they didn't mention that Catherine was sick, in court, or something last week, and no Sara either though I can guess where she was ;)

Lots of Greg and Nick :) Yay!!!

Katee I think I'll be alright with her character, not used to seeing her as red head (she was a blonde in 24) not crazy about her clothes but that's not her fault

Hodges was certainly having a ball in this ep :) Hodges called in sick :lol:

Didn't like the dino case much, plant eaters vs meat eaters, what is this vampires vs werewolves again, and good grief if you don't want to be with the guy then breakup with him

The flashback bugged me cause I don't remember Nick wearing that type of shirt years ago, Why can't tptb rewatch their old ep's more often???

I likedthe ending with no talking just music playing, reminds me of One To Go and Lady Heather's Box too, can't think of any others

Not sure how I feel about next week, as I recall there's another explosion next week, oh joy :rolleyes:

After watching this twice, first a foremost when are they [the Award people] going to give George Eads an award for his superior acting? I never got over him not receiving an Emmy for his outstanding performance in "Grave Danger". Time and time again he proves to be a exceptional actor and still no mention..:scream: so on this episode~

Well yipee Hodges has a new frend in the lab. Dr. Ray:thumbsup:Rays broad-minded, tolerant attitude towards him is awesome. Maybe because his loss of Wendy, maybe cause he's a a kind, nice guy, but it's beguiling.~

Talk about a freak accident:eek: Only the CSI writers could come up with this scenerio. Getting knocked off a crane over by a dinosaur, falling into another one below in his mouth:wtf: what are the odds of this?

Doc and Ray going over the dead boy, and Hodges entering he tries to touch to kid and Doc slaps him:lol: He says there's a "Walking With The Dinosaur's" exhibit at the "Las Vegas Arena" Doc says "GO GO", so they do and they are so animated and all smiles and awe when seeing these huge electronic fake creatures:rommie:

B case Nick Greg and Det. Reed:rolleyes: Is she Rileys older sister? she resembles her and has a similar attitude. I wasn't impressed at all, she for me added nothing to the show:( They find the dead guy, Nick says his daughter was murdered 5 years ago, "that her and her friend went to the mall and were never seen again" Thier bodies were never found~

Cath and wife missing gold watch, the Nick and Reed go to the other house and she kicks in the door, a bit much:rolleyes: The girls room exactly the same but he finds a pic. of a dead body~

Ray and Hodges savoring the dinosaur exhibit they take swabs of the teeth Hodges is all thrilled Ray just doing his job, he finds human blood. He's gotten so proficent so good, his expressions are great:cool:Henry calls with info. and says "Hodges went home sick" Ray goes "Sick" and he looks over and sees Hodges being his geeky, obnoxious self taking photos of him with the fake dinosaurs:rolleyes: Rays just shakes his head in a "whatever manner":confused:

Nick goes back to the older Carly confrontation. So the guard in the jail was the blackmailer and hung perp. Brass shows Nick note , Greg enhances photo and they find Whitney, so sad and such fantastic graphics. Carly can't come up with the other $5,000 for a map to her missing daughter Rachel.:(

Nick, Greg and Reed find an old abandoned shack where these crimes happened. It's so cool to see Greg and Nick working together:)

Ray w/ Jane who lied for her own selfish reasons, damn he's good so focused.

Ray and Hodges do an experiment how this could have happened go back to exhibit and re-inact scene.

Cath and Reed, geez Cath is so much prettier and so much more genuine, and such a better actress. Why do they keep bringing on females that don't fit in :confused:

Brass and Nick in the jail cell find burnt map Gerg tracks down location, they find Rachel. so sad heart breaker.. Nick goes to tell mom, and here's where he always rocks. Holding and comforting her I cried, his always kind, compassionate caring deameanor was heartwrenching:(

This episode was interesting, different, strange, enticing & compelling. I give it a A~

Last edited:
Good episode. The dinosaur storyline didn't interest me but I thought the other one was very engaging.

Loved the scene with Nick, Greg and the maps.

Liked Katee Sackhoff, and the actress that played the Mum (Susan from Friends??).

George was great in the final scene and I love how that was edited together.

Back