• Wolfe's Gang

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Ryan was first appeared in season 3,he was presented as smart,thorough ,ambitious and other positive traits. Believe me Dragon,the writers wrote him out of character for each and every trait I mentioned,a lot I think for one season.Even though you haven't seen much,you can use that in you feedback if you like.I've mentioned the fact in several feedback emails to CBS (because it really pissed me off) about Ryan wanting to leave the crime scene investigation to get something to eat in "Point of Impact",and I plan on mentioning it again, and that they had the newbie Walter pointing out the errors of his ways.It got better for Ryan as the season went on,but some of it was painful to watch in the earlier episodes.

Thank you, as I haven't watched all of the season either :D ill write a feedback message when I get home and get the chance to load my laptop up lol :lol:

:eek: they did that? To Ryan?

Oh, now the writers are going to feel the full wrath of my flames...

*rushes off to write scathing complaint to CBS*

there, thats my feedback sent :mad: :angryrazz:

Grr! Why did the writers do that in Point of Impact?! I'm not looking forward to watching it :shifty:

I mentioned how he is supposed to be slightly OCD yet he is being corrected by newbies. Now, I know someone who is slightly OCD, and that most people who have it like to do things correctly or it frustrates them. The writers could at least try to make it seem a bit more real!!!!

I don't like what they've done to Ryan :(

(Rant over. :lol:)

Ryan's "OCD" is something I constantly see mentioned with fans, so I'm just curious/wondering....is it too late for TPTB to bring that to light now?
Years have gone by with no mention, nor is it seen in Ryan's character -- if they chose to utilize it, say this season, then I'm a bit afraid it will appear forced & possibly make him look out of character to all the sudden have him react the way someone with OCD reacts to certain indicents/things.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on how they could bring his OCD back without it suddenly seeming off and out of place for his character?

mjszud - my idea was that Walter, the new guy to the team and now quite close to Ryan, could sort some evidence/files in a certain way, then Ryan would get flustered, sort them the way he normally did it then explain to the confused Walter about his OCD. A tiny little personal moment that could be squeezed between Walt bringing the file/evidence and them sorting through it, would only have to take up a minute or so.

Or similarly, Walter could see Ryan obsessively clean his gun, jokingly remark on it and then get an explanation for it. Again little personal moment, could even have a mention of Speed.

Is that too impossibly hard for you writers? :lol:

Wow!! It always amazes me how much I miss here after being away from my computer for several days. It took me awhile to catch up with all the postings!!

First of all: Welcome WolfWing! It is always great to bring another into the fold.

Second

I certainly am hating the idea of having Erica back. She has caused nothing but trouble for Ryan and if this is the road tptb are going down again.... And I certainly don't want to see him romantically hooked up with her!!:scream:As a couple of you did mention, Ryan is older and wiser and hopefully this will be a chance for him to either one, be a hero and save Erica (and then have her GO AWAY) or give Jon to show off his acting skills by having Ryan emote over her death. But please for the love of pete, no more "Ryan in trouble" arcs

Thank you for the pictures Fieldmouse!!

I would love to see Ryan in a leadership role..or a hero role..something positive would be nice.

mjszud - my idea was that Walter, the new guy to the team and now quite close to Ryan, could sort some evidence/files in a certain way, then Ryan would get flustered, sort them the way he normally did it then explain to the confused Walter about his OCD. A tiny little personal moment that could be squeezed between Walt bringing the file/evidence and them sorting through it, would only have to take up a minute or so.
The sorting/filing actually would be perfect and was bought up in an earlier season.Ryan's OCD tendencies don't need to be hit you over the head obvious,but the filing is a good idea.

OMG i was away from pc just for one day and i already have missed so much :eek:

that's annoying :scream:

how copuld do this to myself :brickwall:

i'm so lost.....

ok enough for endless ranting i missed my turn to attack to cbs :evil: but i will do it asap :devil:

btw thanks for that Jon video. it really made my day:)

the best way to start day:lol:

Or similarly, Walter could see Ryan obsessively clean his gun, jokingly remark on it and then get an explanation for it. Again little personal moment, could even have a mention of Speed.

Is that too impossibly hard for you writers? :lol:

Those are good ideas. I think it is too late to do anything major with Ryan's OCD. The fact that has not even been mentioned for years would make it look really odd if he suddenly started exhibiting OCD behaviour. But something small, like the files (which I think he did with Calleigh way back?) would be a nice touch. Show that TPTB hadnt totally forgotten what they had first written for Ryan.

I would have thought Ryan's OCD would've come out like whoa after he was kidnapped and tortured by the Russian mob in season 7. It's my understanding of certain psychological issues that they go into overdrive after a traumatic event, and i'm sure having one's tooth ripped out with pliers and then getting the stuffing knocked out of you would certainly qualify as "traumatic"... but apparently that's just me...? :wtf:

oh well. who needs continuity, right? :rolleyes:

We got a quick look at his bathroom after he was tortured and a brief look at his home in the episode "Time Bomb".His home looked pretty neat,maybe he cleans a lot when he's stressed or traumatized.

I would have thought Ryan's OCD would've come out like whoa after he was kidnapped and tortured by the Russian mob in season 7. It's my understanding of certain psychological issues that they go into overdrive after a traumatic event, and i'm sure having one's tooth ripped out with pliers and then getting the stuffing knocked out of you would certainly qualify as "traumatic"... but apparently that's just me...? :wtf:

oh well. who needs continuity, right? :rolleyes:

You're right, OCD gets worse when you are stressed. Mine has been quite bad lately due to all the stress of moving and everything. They either need to do the OCD line or not. It's irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back