Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!!! I can't imagine CSI without George Eads. I'm so happy he's back. And I agree, he does deserve it. So long as Nick and Greg are on, I'll be watching. Sinking ship it could be, I suppose, but I'm going to at least give it a shot. I am upset that they'd 'replace' Vassey like that- for whatever reason- but I'm not ready to give up just yet.

We'll see what September brings!! ;)

I just can't shake the saying "Don't mess with a good thing." Why do people in general, and in this case, tptb, insist on meddling with something that works? Personally speaking, and it's probably already been said, but after 10 seasons of carrying a loyal fan base with the cast they have, do they honestly think that one younger cast member will draw in a whole new audience? The attempt was made with Laura Lee Smith (as someone already pointed out), and where did it get them? They opted to get rid of her. It makes no sense.

The ways of thinking of the "almighty" tptb are beyond the comprehension of us mortals... I guess :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am happy that it is official that Marg and Eric are back, and it's sounding more and more like George will be. Now I am just waiting on the fate of my guy...Wally.

I'll join the wait.... Is it a good or bad sign that his name hasn't come up yet??

Nick, Cath and Greg - my three favorite characters - are all returning? YES!! Although I'm still hesitant about the 'new creative directions', I'm now looking forward to the season premier. All I need is Brass and I'll be truly happy.

Still sad about Wendy though...

Now we wait Paul to sign a contract too.

Ausiello says that Jorja's the only question. Does that means that everybody else is signed (like Paul & Wally?) and just nobody's asked specifically about them?

Question: Any news on George Eads’ contract negotiations with CSI? —Christopher
Ausiello: Good news: His deal is done! The only question mark now is Jorja Fox. Stay tuned…

Ask Ausiello

Susan

So happy that George is back.....as for this new lab tech.....I'm going to wait and see before I decide how to feel.....maybe it won't become a romantic thing.

I'd love to see Nick ends up seeing something in this girl as far as investigative skills and decides to sort of mentor her.....did that make sense?

anyone else think that maybe they are giving to us false spoilers ?? that way we could be really surprise when the new season starts :lol:...I dont know I never though CSI were the kind of series that describe a character as " a young, smokin'-hot explosive expert" .... or its just me :p

by the way in so happy george is in !!!!
Cheering.gif

anyone else think that maybe they are giving to us false spoilers ?? that way we could be really surprise when the new season starts :lol:...I dont know I never though CSI were the kind of series that describe a character as " a young, smokin'-hot explosive expert" .... or its just me :p

by the way in so happy george is in !!!!
Cheering.gif

False spoilers wouldn't surprise me, kittydu. But if this does end up being a false spoiler...I'll have lost respect for everyone involved in CSI's production. There's no need to play with the fans for a couple more viewers.

So happy that George is back.....as for this new lab tech.....I'm going to wait and see before I decide how to feel.....maybe it won't become a romantic thing.

I'd love to see Nick ends up seeing something in this girl as far as investigative skills and decides to sort of mentor her.....did that make sense?

I hope this is just a mentor/student relationship. To have him date her would be out of character for Nick, unethical, and doesn't follow what has been said on the show (not that that has ever stopped them before :rolleyes:)

Now with her being an explosives expert and a new partner for Nick she could be a new CSI and not a lab tech. All the CSIs have their expertise: Catherine is blood drops, Nick is hair and fiber, etc.

Here is a blurb from a website reporting on his contract renewal:

though TV Guide points out that a new co-star, who will be paired with Stokes, might also have enticed him into returning to the show, as it means a potentially more high-profile storyline for his character.

And now that Eads is locked in, the network can focus on casting Stokes' new partner, a character named Kacey Monohan. She's described as a sexy bombs expert who's been blowing stuff up since she was a kid

bolding mine

Since she'll be a partner (still want to know when exactly CSIs have partners :shifty:) could be that she will come in as a Level 1 CSI and he'll be her mentor.

I have a new profound respect for George Eads. That he said "I don't know why people leave the show", I took that as "I wouldn't" and he didn't disappoint:bolian:. Besides being handsome, charismatic, smart, interesting and funny, how he's always in tune with his team. Looking out for them and caring about all of them, and how he's stood up to Hodges and Icky Ecklie, so intense. As Nick, how he took Ray under his wing, the newest member of the team so to speak and protected him and worked with him making him feel important and a part of the team. Awesome. He went to his spot, and let him kow that he'd help him on the last two eps. "Doctor Who" and "Meat Jekyll" "Ecklie won't like this, but WE'RE a team" showing how kind and sensitive he is. I'm so thrilled that he's decided to join the show for another season
Cheering.gif
what is a bit baffeling is how they've let this trickle in little by little instead of just announcing who signed up and who didn't all at once. My guess to keep fans chatting and talking, like we've all been doing. Welcome back George
woo.gif

Last edited:
Thank Goodness, I've been waiting for weeks to hear, especially after hearing Melina was leaving.... I saw someone say we just need to wait and hear about Paul, Wally, and David. Have we heard about Eric yet? Besides my personal bias, I cannot have CSI without Greg.....

Kelly

Thank Goodness, I've been waiting for weeks to hear, especially after hearing Melina was leaving.... I saw someone say we just need to wait and hear about Paul, Wally, and David. Have we heard about Eric yet? Besides my personal bias, I cannot have CSI without Greg.....

Kelly

Yes, the news that Eric was returning was released last week I believe. :)

I have a new profound respect for George Eads. That he said "I don't know why people leave the show", I took that as "I wouldn't" and he didn't disappoint:bolian:. Besides being handsome, charismatic, smart, interesting and funny, how he's always in tune with his team. Looking out for them and caring about all of them, and how he's stood up to Hodges and Icky Ecklie, so intense. As Nick, how he took Ray under his wing, the newest member of the team so to speak and protected him and worked with him making him feel important and a part of the team. Awesome. He went to his spot, and let him kow that he'd help him on the last two eps. "Doctor Who" and "Meat Jekyll" "Ecklie won't like this, but WE'RE a team" showing how kind and sensitive he is. I'm so thrilled that he's decided to join the show for another season
Cheering.gif
what is a bit baffeling is how they've let this trickle in little by little instead of just announcing who signed up and who didn't all at once. My guess to keep fans chatting and talking, like we've all been doing. Welcome back George
woo.gif

I'm in complete agreement with you, Desertwind!

A journalist once said and I totally agree with her, that Nick is the 'soul' of the team. :D

though TV Guide points out that a new co-star, who will be paired with Stokes, might also have enticed him into returning to the show, as it means a potentially more high-profile storyline for his character.

And now that Eads is locked in, the network can focus on casting Stokes' new partner, a character named Kacey Monohan. She's described as a sexy bombs expert who's been blowing stuff up since she was a kid

bolding mine

Since she'll be a partner (still want to know when exactly CSIs have partners :shifty:) could be that she will come in as a Level 1 CSI and he'll be her mentor.

There were stories from when George was originally cast as Nick (I so miss the Texan Charm website! :() on how he didn't fit the original profile for the character of Nick but they changed that profile to fit him. You never know, the character profile for this Kacey Monohan may change to better fit in since they now know that George will be there. And hopefully, if she's to be paired with Nick, George will have something to say about the way the character is.

A couple of months ago or so someone of TPTB said that the first episode was going to be explosive. Well, if her expertise is explosives, we now know which definition of explosive they ment! :lol: Everyone has an expertise. They just hardly ever work in just those expertise any more. (Greg = DNA, Nick = hair and fiber, Catherine = blood spatter, Grissom = bugs, Warrick was A/V analysis, don't know what Sara was)

I'll also point out that the first episode should start immediately after Meat Jekyll (after all - Langston's life was supposed to be hanging in the balance!) and Nick should still be 'walking wounded'. :lol: He's gonna nead a little bit of help for awhile - you know, someone to do the grunt work - which may be why she's paired up with him.

Susan

He's gonna nead a little bit of help for awhile - you know, someone to do the grunt work - which may be why she's paired up with him.

I volunteer my services to Nick.....:devil:

But blackflag I hadn't thought of that theory of yours.....could be possible

I wonder how soon after Meat Jekyll the season premiere is...hours, a few days? They could do a time jump after the credits or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back