Grade 'Cuckoo's Nest'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 18, 2009.

?

How would you grade Cuckoo's Nest?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. A

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The Compass Killer is back tonight! Watch the ep and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

I can't wait for this episode. I really want to know what motivates the Compass Killer kill and how he chooses his victims. Ever since Lat/Long I've been wonder about the driving force behind the Compass Killer and now tonight and next week we we get to find out.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

"That's quite a fall from grace." YEAAAAH! *cough* Sorry, wrong show. :p

The exposition about Danny walking was really cringe-worthy for me. I guess maybe they're trying to fill in new viewers who stuck around after the trilogy last week? Or...I dunno, I just thought it was clunky.

I'm supposed to believe that Hawkes would find anything, much less the murder weapon, when he goes into the river like that? It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack...oh wait, he won't find a gun, he'll find a compass! :rolleyes: I know we have to take some leaps in logic to get the story told in 42 minutes, but that's ridiculous.

I guess Flack hid his issues pretty well from the rest of the team all this time - I would have preferred to see hints of that kind of stuff over the course of the season so far, but I know that's not how TV works. If it's not featured, it tends to be in the background.

Oh, Flack. :( You're lucky Terrence was there to save your sorry ass, Donnie-boy. (I gotta admit, Terrence saving woobie!Flack was kind of hawt. BRB, having slashy thoughts. :devil: :devil: :devil:)

....And Flack hurling totally ruined the sexiness of Terrence taking care of him. :wtf: *woe* :p

Flack turning the corner and seeing Mac had the feel of Daddy catching his son somewhere he isn't supposed to be. But it was sort of hot at the same time. :devil:

BRB, my mind has been taken over by slash again. :angel:

Eckhart definitely has a sad story - like Mac said, it doesn't excuse his actions, but it makes more sense given the effect that shooting must have had on him. I'm curious to see how they finish up the storyline. (The scene where Hawkes and Stella said all that gibberish about water and drugs confused me a bit, though.)

Also: Adam is effing adorable, and I want screencaps of his face at the end of his scene with Hawkes. :adore: (And also screencaps of him with Hawkes - let's not forget that slash owns my brain, kthanx. ;)) My mom commented on Danny's hair looking ridiculous (which means it's really obvious :lol:). No Lindsay is a bonus. Sid is awesome and deserves way more screentime.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~MIA Flack, huh?
    ~Wow, Sam Flack got a mention! I'm impressed.
    ~ZOMG! Somebody littered! It must be the Compass Killer, because no one else has ever owned a compass!
    ~You know, show, I was so happy that you pointed out that it would take forever to go along the bridge and search for a gun, and then you go and be stupid.
    ~Hee. Flack actually makes an amusing drunk.
    ~Ow.
    ~And Terrence saves the day.
    ~Aw. Mac isn't just trying to kick Don's ass. He's actually worried, and that's what calms Don down.
    ~*distraction* Flack is so pretty when he's upset.
    ~He shaved!
    ~Ouch. That boyfriend's a little... obnoxiously annoyingly crazy.
    ~Star Trek wants their shirt back, Stella.
    ~Way to alert the bad guy to your presence, Mac.
    ~Seriously? No, like, seriously?

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought Stella's shirt was a Star Trek shirt!

They should just call this a two parter already, that's basically what it is.

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I am getting sick of Mac & Stella & Hawkes reporting to all the crime scenes. Danny is on his feet now... why can't he show up or something for a change? Have they even sent Danny or Lindsay to a crime scene this season? Except for they were processing the truck last week?

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

STAR TREK????????? Oh la la! :D I am dying for watching this episode! :D

Please more details!

8. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I really like the episode, I thought it was really good!! I loved all the Flack stuff, he was definitely due for an episode about him.

But seriously CSI: NY if you are going to have a main cast member of the show not be in an episode you need to explain where the hell they are. Where was Lindsay?? now obviously we can all assume that it was just Lindsay day off and she was with Lucy but I'm sick of assuming things with CSI: NY, the writers really need to explain this stuff. and how hard is it, you have someone ask Danny, Hey is Lindsay enjoying her day off? he replies Yes she is, she going to take Lucy to the park/zoo/whatever! DONE!! that would take all of 15 sec of the show. I mean isn't this like Anna 3rd episode this yr. she has just not been in the show, and A.J missed an episode too. Now I don't care if Lindsay on the show or not, I do care if Adam isnt in the show, she doesn't affect the show either way for me, but if she going to disappear for an episode the writers have got to explain it. I hate having to assume crap while watching a TV show. Explain it too me!!

Ok rant over. Again other than the Lindsay stuff, I really liked the episode. I give it an A.

9. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Best episode of this season so far for me. I loved it from beginning to end, and drunk Flack was funny as hell to me even though that situation was sad.

I'll have to give this one an A+ since I can't really find anything that bothered me about it....Oh, and Mac and Don's scene at Terrence's place was excellent. Very good acting from both of them. You could really see the concern and hurt coming from Mac.

10. Flacknatic

Flacknatic Hit and Run

OMFG!!! One of the best episodes I have sceen in a long while. Deffently one of the best Flack episode ever! :thumbsup:

Love the fact that Danny has a spare key to Flacks apartment. I dought its to water his plants while Flack is on vacation!! Sorry I'm feeling slashy. :devil:

Thank you writers for remebering that Flack has a sister and that she didn't fall into the "black hole of continuity" with Louie! ;)

Ah, a scruffy, inhebrated Flack...:drool:

Flack gets roughed up. NOT IN THE FACE!!!!!! :scream:

Flack gets saved by Nelly????? [​IMG]

The Flack and Mac sceen so intense, yet strangely arousing! [​IMG]

So our serial killer happens to be crazier than a coon in heat, eh? I think we got that after the first episode. And to top it all off the episode is called, "Cuckoo's Nest"!? [​IMG]

Adam was playing with fire, cool! Of course he's been doing that all season since he banged Stella in the first episode! :p

I agree Nelly needs a better set of firends, and to stay out of acting! [​IMG]

So you have a delusinal, angry patiaint who saw his wife murderd and you just let him walk out of the institution and you don't think it a problem Miss treatment center lady? [​IMG]

Wow Flack cleans up quick, and has the answers to our mystery killer! God that man makes me want to...[​IMG] ... the bejesus out of him!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Commentary as I watch it on ON DEMAND.

Party on a boat. Reminds me of CSI: Miami season 7 episode "Sink or Swim".

LOL. "Not as tight as your asses. Huh?"

Party crasher.

Mac looks so serene and so cute on that boat heading to the crime scene on the other boat.

The where's Flack mystery begins.

Bob? Were the writers on another strike? At least Kenneth sounds like someone did a little thinking.

Hawkes on the bridge. Don't fall Sheldon.

It's an hour show don't bet on it being that easy.

LOL. Stella and Danny said the same thing in unison.

LOL Mac. "If he's sleeping one off. Throw his ass in the shower. Call me when you get there."

OUCH!!! Broke all but 2 bones.

99. what percent? Could you repeat that, Sid?

99.02912621359224% I bet had to watch a dozen time to get that.

Wow. Scuba gear that allows you to talk while under water.

Looks like a garbage dump at the bottom of that river.

There's the compass.

Run, compass killer, you been spotted.

Flack. Getting drunk on the subway.

Uh-oh.

OW. That's gonna leave a mark.

NELLY!!! Just in time.

Nice view of the bridge from the air.

Couldn't you have triangulated his phone first?

Didn't Flack's cell phone have the Sprint logo on it? Time to rewind. Looked like the Sprint logo to me.

One of the joys of a hangover...puking.

SMACK moment...Stella told Mac to be careful then gave him a pat on the arm.

Don't set the lab on fire, Adam.

Low tech bio-tech.

BOOM. There's Mac. You're busted, Flack. Did I just say BOOM? I did...twice.

Ooh. Mac got rough.

Can he count on you, Flack?

Title of the episode spoken by Danny.

Good question: How does a mental patient just walk out of a mental hospital?

I like cleaned up Flack.

Star Trek shirt.

I just thought of something...where are Lindsay and Haylen?

There's the Compass Killer up to something with the bus.

Run, Compass Killer. Mac and Flack might get you.

Compass Killer is Harry Houdini and David Copperfield rolled in to one. He escaped and disappeared.

First, let me say that I want Stella's Star Trek shirt.
    Hey, Stella. Captain Janeway of the U.S.S. Voyager called. She wants her shirt back.
    [Happy there's a backspace button. I almost typed shirt without the r and without a space where the r should be.] In my opinion, this episode and last week's "middle of the trilogy" episode are the 2 best episodes to come out of season 6 so far. That's why I'm giving this episode an A. Maybe an A+. I'm still debating with myself on that. But I'm definitely giving this episode one of the top 2 grades. Let you know which one after I decide and vote.

GRADE UPDATE EDIT.
    I finally decided...I gave it an A.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Wait wait wait. WTF??

I'm rewatching the episode on CBS.com, and I just noticed something in one of the scenes with Flack - he pulls his shirt up in Terrence's apartment, but it appears the Black Hole of Continuity got ahold of the scars from the bombing in "Charge of This Post". I guess you don't just heal in NYC, you heal. :scream:

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Eddie's acting saved the episode for me. I can't stand drunk people, but I felt like petting him and cuddling him to sleep when he was at the metro. What I didn't like was Mac, always SuperMac saving the day. Stella's glare when Flack is back was in character, though. You could actually tell she was sorry she couldn't punch him right in the middle of the lab, because he had it coming.

Apart from that, in no particular order:

-Compass killer? *yawn*
    -Stella's wardrobe, WTF?:scream:
    -Danny's back on his feet, yay! Not even the slightest limp left. Right...:shifty:
    -Poor Nelly. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a bullet or two for helping Flack out.
    -Virtual autopsy is as nasty and unnecesary as EDNA.
    -Was Lindsay on the episode? I can't remember her anyway, which is wonderful!
    -I don't get why whenever they find traces of something there are two or three places in all NYC where you can find that and they can still narrow the search down. Yeah, like that happens every day IRL.
    -So Flack's been sinking for "a couple of months". Yet another timeline rape!

Fay, you're right, I realized too. Man, I should have gone to NY when I fell down playing soccer and my knee needed 5 stitches. The scar is still there, do you think there's hope if I leave right now?

14. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Not a bad episode but.....

Mac super Mac save the day and Don's ass again why don't we have Danny this time I would have prefered to see Danny at Terence's place:(:(

Hawkes to solve the case, again on the field finding a compass under the bridge :confused::confused: ridiculous. I know HHarper always said he is happy to play the smartest guy of the team but come on.. enough is enough I like him but 8 episode 8 Hawkes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really hope it will be different now Danny is walking again

Speaking of Danny I found the little conversation with Stella to good to be true - something bad is going to happen to him;);) writters don't like happy Danny.

And your right Stella's shirt. I was waiting to see capitain Kirk coming instead of Mac:lol::lol:

I gave a -A

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't think it was intentional! and it's really not that difficult to escape from a psych institution, even a locked/secure one, if you're determined enough (i've done it, and if i can do it, skeet sure as hell can!).

yeah, they all just channel claire from heroes. flack would make quite a good cheerleader!:guffaw:

i actually really liked this ep. there were some issues i had with it, namely:

1: impending misery/alcholism doesn't just vanish after one stern chat. it may start on the road to improvement, but it's not an immediate thing, even if it is mac doing the chat! i'm concerned that they've "done a danny" on this and will make flack miraculously bounce back in about 3 seconds flat. also his little speech to mac later on was just... oh god, so corny.

2: the thing about danny walking - just stop reminding us how ridiculously fast that whole thing happened. however i did like the look of wincing in pain that he was trying to hide from stella which i assuming is a subtle (for once!) precursor to the upcoming issues he's going to have.

other than that i really liked it. i often find eps that deal with mental health issues quite tough to watch, having been in situations similar to some of the ones that come up, it can be a bit weird seeing it happen to someone else, even in fiction. this was one of those eps (and on 2 situations this time which is quite impressive!).

i thought flack was great this ep, it was quite triggering, especially the scene on the tube, which although annoying is actually a sign of something done well - if it can evoke that reaction in people who've had similar issues, then it's been done properly. apart from the uberspeedy recovery of course.

terence coming to flack's rescue was great - how convenient that he should be on the same tube train! i thought mac and terence's interaction was really good too, i really liked that terence overlooked his own reputation and let mac get involved, and i also liked that mac saw past terence's criminal circumstances and treated him as a friend/ally.

also i was really glad to hear a reference to sam, woo, the lure of the black hole of continuity may not be as strong as we thought....:lol:

i liked how they explained why skeet was how he is - and it was nice to see the vindication for all those that assumed the woman was a hallucination. i got quite excited to see them reference yet another drug i've been on (a couple this time actually), but it was pretty triggering when they restrained & injected him at the hospital, that's one i've been through a few times and it wasn't pleasant to see it again, so thanks, producers :(

i loved mac this ep, well not that i don't always:rolleyes::cool: i thought he resisted the temptation to preach - that line about not being a priest was pretty silly, even though i liked the point it made. uberangry mac was great though, and i thought his and flack's interaction was excellent (apart from aforementioned flack's corniness). as someone said you could see that he wasn't getting angry out of professional duty or anything but because he was concerned, i'm glad they finally got that side of mac into this storyline as opposed to stern boss mac.

i also quite liked stella and sid's chat about missing dinner :D

adam and hawkes were cool as usual, the whole scuba scene was pretty implausible but quite watchable so i'll forgive it. i liked the obligatory shopping trolley on the sea/riverbed shot too.

i'm giving it an A: i would've gone for A+ as i really liked it but flack's too speedy recovery has taken a mark off.