Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I think since Danny got to pick the baby's name, Lindsay got to pick the godparent. No way would she let a rival into the fold. ;)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Love it! :D And Flack indeed is a rival, no doubt about that. From the way his face fell as he watched Lindsay drag Danny off in "Snow Day" after he was the one who led the charge in to his gleeful grin in "Personal Foul" as he mentioned Danny should "piss Lindsay off more often," Flack is definitely in the game to win. :devil: He really should win, too--Flack cares more about Danny, is better for Danny, and loves Danny more than Lindsay ever will. It's in the way he looks at Danny, the way he's always there for Danny, the way he protects Danny. May the best man (or person, I suppose, since Lindsay's a woman) win--and really, there is no doubt that Flack is the best man. :D

3. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Totally agreed, the look from Personal Foul that Flack gave Danny was enough to melt anyones heart strings. That fact that Danny already cheated on Lindsay once is proof that he doesn't feel for her what she feels for him.

4. Top41

^It's obvious Flack is waiting for Danny to wake up and realize who's right for him. It certainly isn't Lindsay--I don't want to drag the thread OT, but I think it's clear all along that Danny has never been as into Lindsay as she is into him--the only time he seemed really interested was when she pulled away in season three. And now it seems to be all about the baby.

Whereas Flack--man, that guy is so into Danny. :D I rewatched their parts of "Necrophilia Americana" this weekend, and I had forgotten the way Flack just had a smile on his face every time he was near Danny. Not to mention how when Danny brought up golf, Flack basically tried to turn it into a date, asking if Danny wanted to go talk about the case while playing golf (some golf slang I can't remember). It was so cute! :D

More recently, there's Flack's head turn in "The Past, Present and Murder" when Flack is questioning Dunbrook's son and his eyes follow Danny across the room as Danny goes to process Dunbrook. Man, so hot! You could tell Flack was just undressing Danny with his eyes. :devil: ;)

5. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

WHOOT! Season 6 has started ladies! :D

In the flashback of the shooting, I noticed Flack jumping on Danny after he was shot before Lindsey even noticed him, and how she shooed him away too, Flack wanted to help so bad. :(

Let's hope to lot's more Danny/Flack scenes, lot's of drama, and lot's of perp chasing scenes or man dates...:devil:

6. Top41

Just watched the episode--I noticed Flack and Danny lock eyes before Danny rolled over and realized he'd been shot, but I didn't see Lindsay really block him or anything... or see Flack go for Danny. :( That felt out of character for me... I can't believe Flack didn't lose his shit when he realized Danny got shot. Maybe he was in shock?

What I did think was adorable was that it was Danny going back to work that brought Flack back to work. I love how he said to Mac, "I heard Mr. Messer was playing superhero and didn't want him to show me up" or something absolutely adorable like that. Flack's baby went back to work--and hell if Flack was going to let that happen without being there to protect him... or try to. That line was pretty darn cute, and showed just how Flack still feels about Danny... even if Danny is married now and Flack apparently has turned into a big ol' man ho. :lol:

7. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

That line last night was sooo adorable!! I agree it was suprising that there wasn't much of a reaction from Flack when he realized Messer was shot.
    It amazes me how quick Flack is getting over Angel, even if the relationship wasn't what Flack wanted (he had to settle due to Danny tying the knot with preggo) he could at least show a little more emotion. I think the writers could have used Flack emotional distress as some solid Danny/Flack conforting scenes. Opportunity missed :(

8. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Would of been so much more in character if Flack tried to go to Danny for comfort...even just buddy-buddy type stuff. I mean, Flack always did do much for Danny in the past, I think he deserves a little compassion from Danno as well.

..And by compassion I mean man-sexing. :devil:

9. Top41

I am disappointed in that, though I do think it's interesting that the flashback Danny had basically opened with him locking eyes with Flack. I do wonder why Flack wouldn't run over to Danny the minute he realized Danny was shot... though maybe Flack didn't realize it immediately. He's so attentive and in tune with Danny though... that kind of surprised me. But him coming back to work because his Danno did made up for it somewhat. ;)

True, except that I think we'd still be seeing Flack being there for Danny rather than the reverse. Danny is the one in the wheelchair, and I think Flack would focus on that. Even if Danny did try to reach out to Flack, I think Flack would turn it back around to express concern for Danny. Flack likes protecting Danny--I think it makes him feel like more of a man, if that's the way to put it. I don't think it's insignificant at all that Danny going back to work is what brought Flack back. I imagine what happened to Danny is weighing on him in some way, and knowing he can be around to try to protect Danny if need be must give him some comfort. Even if it's from the sidelines--I notice they didn't really have any scenes together, which makes me wonder if Flack is struggling with the fact that he wasn't able to protect Danny.

Danny really, really, really should give it up for Flack. :lol: That man's devotion deserves to be repaid in some way, and I think that would be the perfect way to do it. Flack only ever bothers with women when Danny is taken anyway. :lol: If he could have Danny for himself, you know he wouldn't be bothering with girls at all. :lol: ;)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hello, my lovelies - long time, no post. I don't have time to read over all of the stuff that has been posted since the last time I was in here. I need to be better about checking in. I do, however, come bearing a classic D/F scene in my icon. I know Top loves it, so I'm sure you guys will too. Oh Flack, you're so obvious. :adore:

So - the premiere. Danny looked like a castaway and Flack was in full woobie mode. I'm not a huge fan of angst, but if ever there was angst and lack of communication between these two, this is the time. Danny's dealing with a life-changing injury, his wife is looming over him nearly all of the time, and Flack is falling apart - something he'd never want Danny to see. Even if he wishes Danny was there, I can easily see Flack keeping some distance. It seems like Flack is going off the rails a bit - and out of his usual patterns of behavior, so it's no surprise that he's not behaving normally toward Danny either. (Coming back to work when trouble finds Danny is promising, however. ;))

Re: Flack not moving in the flashback. The simplest explanation is that the premiere was pushing Danny and Lindsay, leaving no time for anybody else in that scene, including Flack (because I think everybody else would realistically be rightthere the minute they realized he was hurt) - but that being said, I agree that it could have been plain shock. Flack's trying to wrap his head around Jess' death, and then he locks eyes with Danny after bullets have been flying - maybe he didn't quite comprehend immediately. Maybe it was one of those moments where you know something is wrong but can't quite figure out what it is because you feel numb and your brain isn't processing the situation.

Or maybe he just couldn't move or speak because all that was going through his head was "Not again..."

Also, Don probably feels like he failed or like Danny got hurt for the same reason Angell died - because he did something wrong, because he didn't do his job protecting the people he cares about (as Top said).

Lots of angst. Tsk tsk. In my own personal canon, we're going through a brief period of separation before the guys resume whatever watered down relationship they have had since the stuff with Lindsay started - ultimately, they'll end up together in my world no matter what. You know, a "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you" kind of thing. It's an important part of Danny's path through life to be married right now (and raise Lucy of course), and Flack's got his own path too - I'm just sad that Jess died. She was a great woman.

I started a series of short fanfics during the hiatus. The only frustrating thing about writing future!fic is that each new episode can screw up what you wrote - usually in the little details, but also bigger things. I started the stories before the info about Danny being in the wheelchair really came up, so I'm not sure how I'm going to factor that in. It's being written in a way that most of what's happening now isn't important (the initial story takes place around the time Lucy graduates from high school - quite a ways down the road, although things get set in motion years before that) - anyway, I'm rambling, and this isn't a fanfic thread. :p Basically, now that the season has started, maybe I'll take another look at those stories and consider posting them...

*cough* So...D/F forever! :D (Even when you can't see them past all of the angst. ;))

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  11. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

In honor of the new season, I'd figure I could share some recent Danny/Flack art I've collected because I really appreciate you guys and having some people as crazy and dedicated to this ship as I am. ;)

Posted this one before, but I love it so I figured I'd post again!

Love this one, really sweet.

Steamy and adorable at the same time!

Slight nudity warning, it contains a Flack butt. :lol:

Feel free to look guys, but please DO NOT re-distribute those, the people who drew them for me are dear and highly valued friends, and wouldn't want them passed along like softcore magazines. I'll probably find out if you do anyway. ;)

12. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

Wow, I LOVE the pics dear. Awesome eye candy and stuff. :) The first one is totally adorable.

Anyhow...about the awesome couple. I watched the first two episodes and a lot went through my head. One of which was Don's reaction to Danny getting shot. Before the shooting, I think during the toast the camera caught a glimpse of Flack, looking rather somber and remembering Angell. Last thing on his mind was the bar getting shot up. Once though Don saw Danny and locked eyes with him, his mind was racing. "I can't lose him too." The other thing was the Flack line of him coming back because of Danny. I just could imagine the scene at the apartment between these two before Danny went back in. Flack was probably thinking that he didn't want Danny doing something crazy behind his back.

Can't wait to get more ideas in my head about these two. This is a real sweet pair.

13. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Hey thanks Angel! :D I love collecting art of them, it's fun to see different takes and plus I don't have much time to draw them myself these days.

My thoughts on the pair so far, not much...

The beginning when Flack flashes back to Jess's death, and Mac is the one who asks him, it was like that in last weeks' as well, I hope Mac isn't going to be the only one concerned about Flack. As much as I *do* like their relationship, I just see Danny as the one who should be trying to help out Flack more, Flack has always been there for him and he needs to step up a little bit.

14. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

Your welcome hun. :) I love to see how people interpret our fave couple through the eyes of art. <3

I really think that Danny/Flack is taking some time off. Both have had traumatic events happening to them that has flipped their lives around. I really do think that the season needs a little Messer/Flack magic soon though. The angsty sides to our fave duo can really take a toll on a relationship.

15. Top41

Good to see this thread coming to life again! Welcome, TheAngelDivine. :D They are an adorable couple, aren't they??

I do love it. :adore: It sums up in an image the way Flack feels about Danny--the way he's captivated by Danny, mesmerized, how much he feels for Danny. The man's in love--seriously, madly, completely in love. It's literally written all over his face.

I've been thinking more about this since we haven't seen Danny and Flack share a single scene together yet since Danny got shot. I think Flack feels guilty--guilty that he couldn't save Angell and then that he couldn't save Danny. I can't imagine Danny's not a little hurt by the way Flack isn't hanging around him at all. They're both equally in the position where one could and should reach out to the other--but each is consumed with his own turmoil. I think Flack is probably in a pretty dark place right now. Danny's his happy place, his good thing. Do you see the way his face lights up when he's around Danny? I don't think Flack, the way he's feeling now, thinks he deserves to feel that way.

I agree that it was probably complete and total shock. It's no accident or coincidence that Flack was the one who locked eyes with Danny after he was shot--that connection was totally being emphasized in that moment. And if Flack did freeze... he probably feels guilty about that, too.

Yes and yes. Outside of his family, who is more important to Flack aside from Danny and Angell? And yeah, I'd put Danny first. ;)

Danny and Flack belong together. That's all there is to say. Well, that, and I want to read your stories!!! :D

I love this one especially. I love how sweet they look. Danny looks adorably bashful, and Flack, that naughty Flack... of course he's sticking his hand down Danny's pants. That man would do anything to cop a feel. :D ;)

The others are great, too, but I'm very partial to this one. :D
    I think it's sweet and cool that even though Flack doesn't able to seem to handle seeing Danny, he's definitely not going to let him out of his sight. He's staying in the background, but dammit, the minute Danny is back to work, Flack is there, too.

I gotta say, I hope we do see Danny reach out to Flack. I know Danny is hurting, too, over his own injuries, but Danny doesn't seem like he's been changed. I think Flack has. Flack is in a bad place, and if he's ever needed his little angel, it's now. ;) It would be nice to see Danny reach out.