Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Dear Gods, how do I love her after that comment? I mean, she really thinks about her character and analyses her and her history. You really don't find that too often. Kudos to her. The reason that I say that is I am an interative, environmental (sometimes just mental) actor at a local Renaissance Faire in the summer. It's completely improvisational and you have to have this vast body of knowledge just to perform. There are no lines to learn. It has to come from inside you and how you vieew your character to be. My character is an actual historical pernae and, because it's a woman, I'm lucky that I know anything about her besides her name and who she was married to. We have to research and educate ourselves on the deneral time period, attitudes, politics, and if we play someone who lived in the Elizabethan Era, who "we" were. It exhaustive work and that same internal computing of who the character is and why he or she is doing the things they are/reacting the way they are comes like breathing to those of us that are successful at it. It's that same instinct that seems to drive Emily in her work. Dang, I'd love to slam her into an Elizabethan and let her come play with us for a weekend. She'd probably have a blast.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Interesting thought.....going on what you have suggested what other role/character or tv show could you or would like to see Emily in?

Personally, I think she would make an awesome vampire on True Blood! The show takes place in the south (perfect for our soutern lady) and while it is a drama, it is satirical in nature and I think Emily would fit right in as southern vampire belle. ;) The role would give her the chance to spread her comedic wings to a certain extent

3. sonrisa

sonrisa Victim

I found the interview from TV-Guide here

http://spoilertv.iimmgg.com/image/57ba4e00601ba93ce8609a7ec2eb71b7

Hope I am allowed to post the link!

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep, I think it's safe to post this link here. BTW, thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

Well, to me, Emily can play many many roles...both dramatic and comic. I'd prefer to see her on a comedy...you know just to get over the whole Calleigh Duquesne's drama, but that's me LOL.

We all know how good she is in a dramatic role and I guess we all have seen it in different shows/movies. But, quite honestly, I don't think she can play a regular character in any other TV show 'cause to me and, probably, to many many other people she'll always be Calleigh Duquesne from CSI:Miami.
    So, I think the best opportunity for her would be guest-starring in other TV show both dramatic and comic.

I do think she can easily guest-star in a show like "Cold Case" or "N.C.I.S." (I'd love to see her interacting with both Cote De Pablo and Micheal Weatherly), as I can picture her acting in other drama series as long as she doesn't have to play the typical damsel in distress.
    I do think that "The Mentalist" would be another great show where she can guest-star or....oh god she can easily play whatever she wants in every TV show :lol:.

As for a comic role, well she can do it in a movie or in TV comedy.
    I remember a show named "Less than Perfect". It was just a stupid comedy, nothing on that show was serious, but there were some great one-liners and I think that best part of it was how the actors delivered those one-liners. Another great comedy was "Will & Grace". I do think that TV shows like that would be pretty cool for her to play in.

So yeah she can do whatever she wants on TV as long she guest-stars on TV....you know just to get some promotion...the one she needs. Not to mention that it would be the only way for people to get over the idea she was Calleigh Duquesne.

As for movies, oh well.....Emily, do whatever you want 'cause you can do it :thumbsup:

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I agree. Emily's fantastic at everything she does. She has so much talent, and can really pull off so many different roles.

Personally, I'd love to see her in some kind of a "bad guy" role. Her character on CSI:Miami is obviously a do-gooder, considering her profession, and it would be great to see Emily on the other end of the spectrum.

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Oh, wow. That would be great. The only problem is that I don't have that much videotape to record all that.

It would be good to see her try out some comedy first on an established show like Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother. That would show CBS how well she could handle comedy. Then they could cross over and have some of the comedy show actors guest star on Miami.

7. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

that would be interesting to watch

8. sonrisa

sonrisa Victim

Just saw that Emilys own hompage www.emilyprocter.com ist updated!

And there is said that she will be at Chelsea Handler on E! on September 15th!

Really hope someone will put it on youtube after since I´m not in the States and can´t watch it - please!!

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

You read my mind with the "bad guy" thing! That's exactly what I want her to do! It would be awesome to see her in a movie as the baddie!

10. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

OMG .. i love the new version of her site !!! :p:p:p .. I hope i have E! i want to see the interview live on tv loool

11. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

wow :adore:
    Completely love the new website, totally love the message too... I was missing her :)

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh god, thanks for this news.

Love it, love it & love it. Thank god she's alive and thank god she (or whoever is behind it) is updating her own website :thumbsup:

As for our other discussion....well she definatly needs to play the "bad guy" before her carreer ends :p

13. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

finaly they updated it
    it looks way better and the video awesome :drool:

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Site does look awesome and it is nice that it was finally updated! :D

It was nice to "see" Emily too. I know all the attention is on Adam right now b/c he is leaving but Emily hasn't made too many actual appearances since the show started filming so it was nice to actually see and hear from her :lol:

I can't wait to see her on Chelsea Lately tomorrow night. I love Chelsea's show and loved the last time Emily was on the show. Hopefully she will tell us something new about this season and not just say the same things that have already been printed. I'd honestly like to hear something new.

Is it just me or have ALL tv shows been secretive about the goings on for their shows this year? I mean we hear about Grey's all the time but what else is new about that? It just seems like every show's little scarps they throw out to fans is just that, little. No bombshells, other than Adam's that is. Get what I mean?

15. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i agree we need more spoilers

but yeah i can't wait to see emily on chelsea lately :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.