CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sounds... sort of interesting. The organ thing is kind of cool. I have to admit, I'm never really fired up about crossovers. They tend to focus mostly on the leads and are mostly story-driven rather than character driven, save for the inevitable clashing or getting along of the leads. I'll reserve judgment until it airs. I'm guessing this will be a November sweeps episode!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It definitely seems to be centered around Mac and Langston, but it does look like the others will get some good moments (Flack and Hawkes seem to have a good moment or two, but it certainly seems to be more about Mac and Langston).

I gotta say, though, the organ transplant thing is sort of...overdone. NY has already done an episode about it ("Live or Let Die" in season 2, although admittedly with a different plot), and didn't Miami have an organ transplant episode just last season? (They did, I looked to make sure - it was "Smoke Gets in Your CSIs")

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, and even "Point of No Return" was sort of an organ/human body parts trafficking story. Sort of. The human trafficking well has been tapped and over tapped. :p

Any continuity with Flack's issues? Is Danny running marathons yet? ;) :p

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think the crossover sounds interesting - i'm always happy to see a lot of mac, and i think he'd work quite well with langston.

i know what you mean about the organs/trafficking issues - i actually like when they tackle them because they're such a major problem in real life and it makes a nice change from 2 dead bodies and a standard format. "she's not there" was my favourite ep of s5 for exactly that reason (and that human trafficking is something i feel massively strongly about!). i'm looking forward to it :D

5. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

^ Danny will totally be playing hardball in his wheelchair before doing a triathlon. Flack will be the coach.

And I agree with both of you about the organ/human body part trafficking stories. (I actually wrote traffucking. Tells you how much I'm excited) I adore CSI:NY because I think they have the best characters of the franchise with some from CSI:LV but I wish they had more good crimes to solve like in CSI:LV (not that I want to sound creepy or anything). I think the gritty, disgusting crimes that we often see in CSI:LV provided good character moments/development. We could see their shades of grey. Have a look at what's inside their mind a little bit. Something that hasn't happened much yet with CSI:NY. Or at least I haven't feel it has happened much. But AJ said something about more peeling of the character for this season so I'll hope for the best. But won't get my hopes too high neither.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I barely even saw mention of Danny, Lindsay or Stella - but that doesn't necessarily indicate who will or won't play a prominent role in the episode (since the spoilers don't tell everything).

As for Flack - he gets a moment where he agrees to let a doctor save a patient and wait to speak to him about the case afterwards, but I'm not sure if that's necessarily continuity of his guilt - or if it's just him having a heart like normal. ;)

7. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

thanks for the update... the new episode sound interesting...

8. Swede85

Swede85 Dead on Arrival

The Cross-Over episode sounds very interesting, indeed :)

9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

ya it sound interesting unfortunatly I think I will pass this one I can't imagine me watching Horatio Caine and I don't really watch CSI since Grissom left.

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks a lot Fay for News

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Never watch Miami myself sounds like a smart move on my part though.I did like it when they introduced CSI NY for the pilot and Manhatten manhunt but I can see where Horatio could grate on your nerves after awhile!:lol: But I did just start watching CSI over the summer and your right about when they lose Gris although Langdon seems like a nice enough character I have purchased the DVDs from season one on, and only saw one Langdon episode, it really isnt the same. Probably wont purchase after the season nine one:confused:

12. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I think the only reason the producers want a cross over is because they know CSI vegas is loosing viewers and fast.

13. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

You hit the nail on the head there. I think CSI LV died the episode Grissom left. He was a legend!

I think the crossover sounds interesting, but not "ARGH I HAVE TO SEE THAT!" interesting. I don't like Langston, but I'll TRY my very best to have an open mind and just enjoy it and not psyco-analyse it as I am prone to do! :lol:

Why can it not be the 23rd already???? Too exciting!!! :)

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm. Thanks for the spoilers, Fay. I was never thrilled by the idea of this crossover anyway, and the spoilers haven't really changed my view on it yet. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it centred around Langston and Mac, but I am glad to hear that there are perhaps some good other character moments too. :)

15. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I haven't watched much of LV for several seasons. I have to admit it is not my favorite CSI. Having said that, however, I like the idea of a three-way crossover between all of the shows. I think it will be a shame if they focus only on Langston since he is the newest member of the team. Many viewers have watched the original cast faithfully for years and if I were one of them I would feel very cheated that they used the newest character instead of someone the fans have watched grow in the series over time.

I'm so ready for S6...can hardly wait.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.