Greg & Riley #1- Grey: 'Cause He Thinks She's Lucky

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by GregNickRyanFan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm still having a tough time dealing with the fact that there'll be no more "Shades of Grey" (sorry I had to do it lol) on the show in Season 10. I'm so mad at tptb that I could spit nails. I'm starting to feel like they don't have a freakin' clue what the heck they're doing anymore. Riley was a great character and my favorite female CSI of them all (including Miami and NY by the way). I'm gonna miss her and the chemistry she had with Greggo.

Poor Greg all of his possible love interests are taken away. Grissom got Sara, Hodges got Wendy and now Riley (the best choice for Greg of them all IMO) has been thrown into the black hole of nothingless by tptb. :( However, Riley will live on in my fics. I will most likely always include her in my fics cause I believe she should still be on the show. Although my muse has gotten angsty and a couple of fics might feature how she left. I don't really want to write an exit for her, but the stupid muse won't leave me alone, so I'll probably end up having to do it just to shut it up. :lol:

2. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Hey, I would read the leaving fics. Send them my way.

bah. CSI went down the toilet this season. I don't watch it anymore.

You're right. Greg flirts and they snatch the girl away.

3. X_The_Love_X

X_The_Love_X Victim

When I first saw them together in that one episode where they found S&M, I thought, "These two are somewhat cute together" but then of course I thought of Nick and Greg and went back to thinking that they were the best with each other, but Riley & Greg did have their moments together. I wonder what's going to become of the 'three man' office that Riley, Nick and Greg were sharing. Wonder if Sara will take it for the time she's there or if Langton will move up there? no idea :lol:

4. X_The_Love_X

X_The_Love_X Victim

season 9 did go down the hole this year but I think season 10 will be better because the writers an directors are veering back towards the scientific aspects instead of the romance between Grissom and Sara and all that other stuff that happened. :) And god! I hope Eric/Greg gets more screen time. If he doesn't, I will scream! :scream:

5. GregNickRyanFan

I wish they hadn't let Riley go. I'm gonna miss her scenes with Greg. Poor Greg all his female love interests are taken away. :lol: Where's the love for this loveable guy? I can't believe we won't get anymore Greg/Riley scenes. It makes me sad. :(

6. X_The_Love_X

X_The_Love_X Victim

Yeah, Riley/Greg did have their cute moments together. Maybe Greg's not suppose to have a love interest (God, I hope that isn't the case) Hopefully, he'll have someone who'll love him and he'll love back in the upcoming episodes or seasons. *fingers crossed* and I also want Nick to have a relationship with someone. He hasn't had one since Kristy and that was in the beginning of season 1. He needs a girl, since he's such a 'ladies man'. Nick and Greg need a girl....and so does Archie!

7. GregNickRyanFan

Archie has a girlfriend, or at least he did. He mentioned one a while back (can't remember what ep and season).

I still love the scene where Riley and Greg are in that house looking for evidence and there's a phone book in there somewhere. Greg says something like "let your fingers do the walking" and Riley's like "huh?" :lol: She'd never heard that expression before. :lol: That just cracked me up. I loved it.

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

HI, I found this thread because I've been thinking about Greg and Riley. I've been also watching some of Season 9 on SPIKE.
    As much as I liked Nick and Riley's interaction, I think Greg and Riley have more of a connection. My friend said, it's an easy pairing, they are the same age, share some stuff in common, etc...

I wonder if Greg shared any of his Blue Hawaiian coffee with her? ;)

9. GregNickRyanFan

I bet he did share his coffee with her. :D I am beginning to wonder with the lack of Greg/Ray scenes if maybe Greg actually did have feelings for Riley and maybe if he blames Ray for her leaving (cause of the Ray/Riley blow up in the season finale). Maybe that's why Greg's even more frusturated now. I'm sure he misses Riley. :)

10. ladyhunter

AWWW I never thought about that, about Greg being frustrated because Riley left. HMM I'll have to pay attention to Greg from now on. :)

I wonder,though, now that she has gone, if he still keeps in touch with her? Does he write, call, email? Just because she left doesn't mean that Riley and Greg couldn't have had ... something.

PS- I'm writing a Greg/Riley fic and I need all the help I can get. :lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

If you need help with the fic, feel free to PM me. I'm currently writing one as well where Greg did at the last minute express feelings to Riley (which he could have very well done on the show- off camera and it would explain his actions this season)... :) Its just a shame that they decided to get rid of the character. I wanted to see her and Sara meet, now that's dashed... and they made Riley kind of the bad guy (in the eyes of some) because of what she said in her exit interview. They really would look cute together. I thought that even before LLS started on the show. As soon as I heard she was gonna play Riley, I knew I'd end up shipping her with Greg. :lol:

I'm of the opinion that they exchange phone calls and emails... and maybe even video chats. :)

12. ladyhunter

Yea, it's too bad that Riley got written out. I would a loved for her to meet Sara too.
    *SIDE*, it would be interesting to see a glint of jealousy coming from Sara since Greg had a crush on her first. But alas, another thread but not a bad fic idea ;)*

Okay back to Riley and Greg. Where do you think they would go on a first date? I'm sorry if that was already answered. I think he'd take her somewhere totally unexpected. He's sort of a mystery. You might think you know Greg and what he's like but BAM, he could surprise you. I see that happening with Riley, he'd totally take her off guard.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, knowing Greg as we do, we'd expect him to take her to a Marilyn Manson concert or something like that. :lol: But, I could see him taking her roller skating for some oddball reason. :lol: Can you imagine the two of them roller skating together? Or even ice skating. Man that would be awesome! :D

14. Jessica_Lynne

Jessica_Lynne Witness

:D I think they'd have a blast at a Manson concert.
    -Pictures them crowd surfing and/or moshing;

ROFL.

I can totally see them skating. I can picture like Riley falling and when Greg goes to help her up, he falls on top of her, haha and they like kiss.

Hm, I think I watch too many corny romance movies.

Too bad that she's gone, it would've been awesome to see her bowling with the team and something tells me she wouldn't have been half bad either, ha.

15. ladyhunter

That would have been cool to see her bowl with the rest of the team.
    I wonder what she would have thought about Greg's bowling ball? It's blue and shaped like dice. ;)

Greg is spontaneous also. I can see a very impromptu date such as a surprise picnic (under the desert stars) or a concert, or even just a drive up to the mountains around Vegas.

As much as he is sort of immature at times, I can see Greg also being a little bit of a romantic. He's not going to be all gushy or anything, because I think that would surely turn Riley off, but he'd do something subtle yet romantic.