Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

I couldn't agree more!!! They should try and fix their relationships, how many times did someone point out that Calleigh doens't just start a relationship unless she's fully (how do you say it in english..) convinced it's worth it. I think.
    THe problem is I too want to keep watching for Emily but I think it will hurt too much. It was already difficult with Yelina leaving and seeing H with someone else but I kept watching for Emily and Adam but now... I also hope that he'll be back once in a while and really hope for a happy ending. And I NEVER want to see Calleigh with someone else! NEver!
    just hearing Cal on the phone with Eric once in a while would be enough for me.I could deal with that but a breakup...No way, not after what they have been trough. Now I wish they had never been together at all.
    I realize that we all look forward seeing them together, them being a couple but comes the worrying, thinking they'll break up and so on....
    It just hurts :( and it will never be the same.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well did you see...

Did you see Adams twit about not leaving fans behind? "sigh" He DIDN´T want to leave them. So whatever make him leave???:guffaw:Don´t answer that one.

I am only sharing this with you b/c where else can one go?

If Eric is returning for work after the IA investigation then they(E/C) are for sure over and out. BUT when and where do they decide it is over. Eric wakes up and......... Do we know anything about the following episode? And do you think the end was surpose to happen now anyways or are show cutting it´s losses b/c Eric leaves?

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I agree with you Delkolover, I'm affraid they just don't do anything when he leaves:(.
    Maybe they think it'll keep us interested in what may happen in the future. If it's true that he'll be in and out during this season then they will have a possibility to keep it hanging in the air all the time before he leaves for good. Maybe in his really last episode they'll do something with E/C relationship, but who knows:confused:.
    And it's all truly annoying, because what the hell happend to the nothing can keep them apart:scream:. Does it mean they just cruelly mock us?:mad:
    If they break them for good without any explanation I'm not sure if I will still watch Miami. It won't be a pleasure anymore, so I don't see a reason to torture myself doing it when I have enough problems in reality. So far it was my escape from reality, but unfortunately it looks it won't be now.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I completly lost my trust in Miami writers. I'm totally disappointed, like no one else we deserve a proper explanation of their situation and happy ending of this story. Is that too much to ask after 7 years of waiting for them to become a couple? I mean we even didn't get a good, real love scene between these two. Like Delkolover said the kisses were ok and cute, but after so many years this was all we got? For me it definitely wasn't enough and in a way I feel cheated.:(

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Oh yeah they will probably leave us and them hanging when he leaves so the shippers keep watching b/c then we have hope that when he comes back something will happen....it is a cop out imo and pisses me off b/c they are basically blackmailing me into watching :rolleyes:

It is not too much to ask after 7 years and what seems to me like their mistake with Adam's contract for them to give us something substantial. Hell we frickin deserve it..... this is going to be like the last 7 years; they strung along then and are going to string us along again!! :scream: I feel exceptionally cheated. Like I said in my earlier post, they built this ship up to be something more than what we got....no doubt we will be cheated again and again and again. :rolleyes:

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I originally posted this in spoilertread but need to ask you too.

If what I heard is true. Then Adam signed for 9 episodes and leaves in nr. 5. Leaving 4 unused. I am conflicted as to what should happen. If things are not fixed between them. He should NOT return to have majorstoryline or whole episodes. That would be so painfull to wacth. Them being around each other with nothing happening.
    But Eric like Alexx just being in scenes for a brief moment as she was last season seems such a loss and annoying when he is so missed by some many.
    I think more people will miss him then they did Alexx. As our ship:
    1. ties Calleigh to Eric. No matter what. Even a bad outcome. -"we are just back being friends. Oh mayby it was too soon for us." Showratings down fast -I hope:devil: .
    2. His fanbase being huge.

So what should happen in the final 4?

6. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Good question. Well, personally, I am hoping that one will be for him to come back and sort things out with Calleigh, if it's not sorted before he left.
    The other one will prob be he coming back because Calleigh is pregnant. that's if Emily gets her wish.

It might just be me but I am really quite disappointed that the sneak peak didn't include a little bit of Calleigh and Eric.Even if its just one little shot of Calleigh in the corner...I mean the sneak peak made me cry but I just wished that we get a little insight to our fave couple...
    I have my fingers crossed for the next sneak peak! lol

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I just watched the sneak peak of 8.01, and I couldn't help but think that Horatio's part was more appropriate for Calleigh, especially after seeing her breakdown in 7.25. Do you guys think that it might've been originally written for her, and, in view of Adam's departure from the show, it was given to Horatio instead?

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've been gone for a long time. Y'all remember me, right? *waves* Hello.

I didn't know about all of this... "stuff" regarding Adam until about half an hour ago.

I will say this -

If they kill Adam, or kill off E/C, I won't be watching Miami anymore. I know, harsh, but that'll be it. I'll be done. It just won't be worth it anymore.

I'll miss the Horatio one-liners, though.

9. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Hmm....I dont know but...
    I don't think Calleigh would say those things out loud if you know what I mean. With the whole she keeps herself to herself business, I think she is just not the person to say all those emotional things.
    I really wished that we saw some interactions between E/C, I dont know, maybe Calleigh sitting by Eric's bed sobbing would be good enough for me! lol. seeing as we know that they are prob not going to get anything solved before Adam leaves

*waves back to Ginnna*:)

I second your motion!

If they kill the E/C romance I think I will stop watching it regularly...and will prob turn into stop watching it full stop.
    and indeed, if that happens, I will miss H's onliner...

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Welcome back Ginnna...how was your summer?

So I was watching target specific last night and all I have to say

is I am gonna miss Eric...this is really gonna suck. I really hope that they don't totally destroy this relationship. I really hope that the writers are smart enough to let Eric & Calleigh have a happy ending, even if it is off screen. I am hoping that he does make the occasional guest apperance. The fans deserve that, especially the fans of this 'ship.

I want to see how Calleigh is going to handle Eric leaving the day shift. (Cuz in my mind he is transferring to the night shift so they can be together) They love each other, give the poor girl a chance to be a happy...she deserves it too.

11. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

1) no Eric...:(:( but this has happened to the other casting slides we've seen so I am not going to read it as a sign...yet.
    2) Calleigh's convo with Kim
    Calleigh:'...did he have any doubts about the marriage'
    Kim:'You're asking, did he get cold feet?'
    Calleigh:'Is that possible. Sometimes men just leave'
    I am guessing that maybe the reason she said this is cos Eric left without saying goodbye...but it may just be her talking about Jake. I don't know, maybe I am reading too much into this line but I think it's a sign that Eric left and without sorting things out with Calleigh...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  12. delkolover

So ep 806.....

Yes Eric is gone and no he is not in the ep. BUT there is conversation between Jesse and Cal about Eric. Jesse says that he heard Eric left and he is sorry he didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Cal says yeah he has been through so much and just needed some time. Jesse then asks "so it's a good thing?" referring to Eric leaving. Cal smiles at him and Jesse can't tell if she covering up something. Cal replies: "Yeah, I think so."

Now, I don't know exactly what it means....it could mean a couple of things like part of Eric's decision to leave has something to do with E/C. I think his real reason is he has been through so much but like Jesse says, it could be a good thing for E/C.

Adam did confirm in an interview today that he will be in several more episodes throughout the whole season...He didn't mention how many but he did say he would be in and out throughout the season. Passed this season he doesn't know.

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thanks for the info delkolover, you rock as usual!

Of course she's hiding something. Cal doesn't show pain. I really do think that it will affect her in some way, I mean how could it not. I think its good that she knows that he needs some time to gather his thoughts and see where he wants to go in life. I am a true believer in if you let someone go and if they come back to you then it was meant to be. They are meant to be together.

I am encouraged by Adam saying that he will be in and out this season, so I am not going to give up hope on our ship. They (Emily & Adam) have wanted this relationship for such a long time and hopefully they (the writers) will realize that they should do this 'ship some justice.

14. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Thank you Delkolover! You rock as usual! :D

I agree with texmex, Calleigh is hiding something,she's not comfortable in showing her emotions. Based on this spoilers I have faith that writers will do something with EC, that they won't leave it hanging out there.

There is a promo on YouTube for new season, but it's actually a promo for 8.01. It has an EC moment from when they first met... It's really adorable. And you can also hear Calleigh asking if Eric is breathing when they find him.

15. delkolover

As always, you are all very welcome :D

The impression I got from the scene with Jesse and her smiling was that she was covering up something....possibly something positive....b/c she gives him a big smile. However, it could be she is trying to hide her pain her southern smile...like she always does. Anything is possible until we see what happens in the eps leading up to it.

The promo looks awesome!! :D I watched the scene where they find Eric and it doesn't look like Cal hit him with any of her bullets....I could be wrong but the only injuries I saw were the one's to his head....someone check it out and let me know what you if you think I am right or wrong.

The scene between them in promo is sooo cute....typical of Eric back then. "So you gonna give me your number now or later?" :lol: At least we know that the writers are admitting that even way back then there was some attraction between them. I mean we all saw it and the writers said it had been in the wings since the beginning so it was nice that they stayed true to that and put it in there. And Cal's laugh is absolutely hilarious!

As painful as it all will be to watch...I am looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.