New season promo!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by CSIFan119, Aug 24, 2009.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That wasn't a matter of anything being cut from the episodes. That was a matter of gaping plot holes and poor writing on the part of TPTB. No one except hard core DL shippers thought anything was going on with DL besides flirting and her pushing him away before "Snow Day." And pretty much everyone thought they were over at the end of S4 until suddenly Lindsay was pregnant and all their problems with each other magically disappeared.

2. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Are you french are you watching "les experts manhattan" ??? I'm not a "DL SHIPPER" it was just an example they also cut the other characters so please no crusade perfectanomaly

3. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Just a warning, and I hope it wasn't intentional but I clicked on that link and it almost downloaded a virus onto my computer. So user beware.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

When i click on the link, i found Vtunnel, you must stick the link of the video and normally, the video should work!
    and Stick that link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2rXdvS-P8 clic on beginning browssing !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:wtf: What did they cut out? Do you know of any specific scenes (like if you saw the un-cut version as well as the cut version)? I would think that a network would cut out the more 'graphic' scenes, with violence or sexual content or whatever, but when it comes to Danny and Lindsay - if they showed the pool table stuff, I can't think of any reason to cut anything else Danny and Lindsay did before that episode. (Not that there was much, mind you.) If they're cutting out random scenes, that's stupid. There are barely any personal scenes for the characters as it is.

To be fair, plenty of people who watched the full American version of the episodes had the same 'what the hell?' response when they saw them on the pool table in "Snow Day", which had nothing to do with having scenes cut out. :lol:

6. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

IF you want example when Lindsay left NY to go to Montana the first time I saw this episode they didn't show the part she left a card to Dany and the talk with Hawkes; but this summer we had this episode again and they cut the part where the suspect leave his DNA on the toys of a baby so it's weird. In the episode love run cold we didn't see the part at the end when Danny ask Lindsay what's going on ????? and this is only example I wonder why they do this!

7. Faylinn

I know one of the reasons they edit stuff out of British shows on BBC America (for example) is because our stations need more time for commercials. So it might be something similar, I guess. Each episode of NY has a runtime of ~42 minutes, so if your networks need more than 18 minutes out of an hour-long spot for commercials (or whatever else), that might be why. It's still stupid either way. :wtf:

8. PerfectAnomaly

I never said you were a DL shipper and I'm not on a "crusade." I was simply pointing out that there was probably nothing cut out of the episode because there were a lot of people who were confused by the events of SD based on what was shown on screen between DL prior to that episode. The only people who believed they were together prior to that were mostly the more hardcore DL shippers.

Have you seen both the French and American versions of the show? What specifically was cut out that would leave French viewers more confused about DL than the American viewers were?

ETA: I saw your response to Faylinn after I typed this. I don't know why they cut the scenes, but really even with the scenes cut your reaction to SD was the same one that a lot of the American viewers who saw full episodes had.

9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

I don't know either but CSI NY is not the only one most of the shows are cut or incomplete last year we had the CSI season 8 all episode except the last one when Gary Dourdan is killed

10. Faylinn

For all American shows or just the CSI shows? Either way, that's frustrating. I know it's annoying to try to watch an episode of (for example) Torchwood on BBC America and have like five random minutes missing from it. :shifty:

LOL, yeah, no kidding - even with all of the scenes from every episode, it kind of came out of nowhere. :lol:

11. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

All american shows I watched the first season of Fringe in France this year and I was in south carolina for holidays in july and I saw that Fringe was also incomplete

12. PerfectAnomaly

Um yeah. I didn't read your reply until after I posted. Repetitive poster is repetitive. :shifty:

13. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

That's ok let's go back to topics I wish I could watch this new promo maybe this wednesday for the moment 0:23 am in france time to get some rest

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

perlnoir, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but that site doesn't seem quite legal per our rules--it seems to skirt video limitations put on by YouTube/CBS. The virus issue is also a concern. Please do not post links to sites like that here, as this site can get in trouble for having those links up. Thanks!

If the promo is showing on CBS, I'm guessing we'll get an online version early next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully sooner rather than later--I definitely want to see it!

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^^ me too!!!

yeah we have something similar here, it's kind of semi-official, the watershed. anything shown before 9pm shouldn't officially have swearing or sex or violence, but as things get more relaxed in life generally, it does sometimes happen. we don't get 2 versions of things though, it's just that things that are less child-friendly go out later :) and i'm still traumatised by mac's french voice - it was about 6 weeks ago but every time i think of it i shudder! :lol::lol:

yeah that's true, you guys have SO many commercials it's frightening. i remember the first time i was in the US, i was really shocked that you get ads about every 5 minutes. i still think it's bonkers - the one thing i've never ever gotten used to on american tv is that you have the opening titles, then commercials, then the show (with about 5 commercial breaks), then some commercials and then the end credits. why on earth would anyone separate the titles and credits from a show? it just seems really odd. in the uk ads are only every 12-15 minutes i think, and generally only 2-3 minutes each, and there are none on the bbc (apart from bbc things). this is one reason i love the bbc - no bloody commercials:guffaw: it's also a reason i love sky+ (i guess you'd call it tivo) - you can fast forward the damn things. although now we get longer commercial breaks (still only every 12 mins or so but maybe 4-5 mins) because all the shows we've imported from the us are only 40 mins long and so ads have to be put in to make them fit our 1 hour time slots.

[/ramble]