Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

See? That's exactly the kind of thing I expect from TPTB! Something tl;dr and as absurd as possible. I'd rather they said Santa brought her and put her under her mom's tree. Really, it's way more plausible.

And yeah, the mafia thing is like that:
    -Camorra: Naples
    -Cosa Nostra: Sicily
    -'Ndraghetta: Calabria
    -Sacra Corona Unita: Puglia

I'd honestly have a hard time refraining from switching off the TV if they came up with something similar to what you suggest. I'm sick of ridiculously dramatic crap nobody can buy involving the main characters and with the fact that they alter the characters' backgrounds at will for no reason at all. If you create a character and give it a background which is later inconvenient, I don't care! You just have to stick to it and learn your lesson.

Sorry, but my patience regarding this show is running extremely low and things continue to get worse.

ETA and OT (hadn't read that part, I was going too fast): You mean Roberto Saviano and his book "Gomorrah" (without the h in Italian and Spanish ;)). One day he's going to be killed and he knows. Maybe not by the Camorra, but by any clan of the mafia. He broke the omertà, the law of silence. Hence, in these people's book, he must pay it with his life. We've heard quite a lot about the guy here in Europe.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hi Stellarinas!

I drew a picture of Stella last night but my scanner decided to be evil and now I can not show you :( I'm really happy with how it turned out though :)

And yeah, somebody should bug Stella about The Godfather thing :p I mean, this season Sheldon asked Danny if he got the cast list from The Godfather when he was coming up with baby names :)

As for where she got her last name, that is something I'm wondering about as well. Maybe her name isn't even Stella Bonasera. Maybe Professor P was able to fake documents and stuff to make her look American. Hmm.....*strokes imaginary beard*

Anyway, you guys have made me feel better with your lovely pictures :) Talk to you soon. Love ya.

Axel

3. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Hello all!

Dear Nut, ( I hope you don't mind calling you Nut! :alienblush:)

In essence it is the same thing, it is strong but not as strong as our famous frape coffe :lol:

Dear Pleni, I have to agree with you I think that the writters didn't give enough attention to the surname. Of course Greek goverment would have taken care of the orphaned toddler, let alone a toddler in a foreign country... Unless something ralso dramatic happened to Stella's (hypothetic and by my estimation and fantasy) Italian/American father, whom her mother followed to the States (besides her work) and then Stela ended up: 1. having the "Bonasera" surname 2. orphan 3. automatically getting the American nationality 4. in foster care. See? I tied all the loose ends in the scenario!!!!!!!
    (let me know if I don't make sense!!)

Kisses and hugs!! and really thanks for your concern!!

Thanks for the support! I really enjoy meeting people who are interested and respectfull for the other coltures and that doesn't go only for all those who likes Greece but for me as well that I enjoy,learn about and respect your coltures :D

Your knoledge in Greek history is very accurate. Indeed in WWII Italians invaded Hellas, we fought back (and won:p) so, this possiblity is avalid one.

Now since my imagination is racing I would go in a different scenario: What if Stella's dad was a spy (CIA maybe??) with code name Bonasera!?!?! who came in Hellas on a secret mission, met Stella's mom, felled in love, left her pregnant and then suddenly he returned back in US leaving her a note to go to the US and find him. Soooo a stigmatized young woman finds a way out from Greece to US and goes in search of the father but dies in car crush!!! Ok, ok I'll stop now :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Please dont thow tomatos at meh! :lol:

4. Plenilunio

Objection: she wasn't a helpless single mother, but a talented restorer who was skilfull enough to travel with Professor P to the States because of an art exhibition. At least that's what Professor P said when he had literally seconds to live. After deceiving, misleading and hiding information for years, I don't think the guy wants to continue lying when he's about to kick the bucket in the woman-he-loved's daughter's arms. Also, the reason she was in NY wasn't stated by Professor P, but Mac, who "cares about" Stella. Why would he lie to her about such a delicate matter?

I won't throw tomatoes at you. Us fans are entitled to imagine unrealistic scenarios thanks to that wonderful thing called "imagination". I've envisaged quite a few myself, some of them completely OOC. The difference is we do it "for the lulz" and the writers are putting things worse than our nonsensical ideas into practice.

*raises hand* Yet another objection: I knew I'd seen something similar to your CIA idea somewhere. I've just remembered when and where. Horatio Caine (yeah, that boring guy from Miami who spends half of the episode with his arms akimbo, wearing his shades and saying sententious crap) used to be a CIA agent who had a secret son with a nurse (later turned into an evil b!tch) who gave her son Horatio's fake ID last name. The father's name stated in the troubled kid's birth certificate was Horatio's alias.

See? You don't deserve the tomatoes. But if you want some, here you go. They're from a Spanish fiesta that took place today.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  5. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Wow, I'm loving all the possible explanations y'all are coming up with. :thumbsup:

Frankly, I can't wait to see how TPTB explain it. Because they've twisted the story into knots.

First we learned that Stella lived at the orphanage "for as long as (she) can remember" and didn't leave until she was 18. Season three gives us some insight to her life in foster care (Cold Reveal). In season five states that Stella became an orphan when she was two, while her mother was in the U.S. helping Professor P.

Something we have to think about though is Melina wrote GFD, but not the other episodes that dealt with Stella's past. So maybe something just got forgotten in the transition.

I believe someone a page or so back mentioned that Stella had never found out anything about her past despite having the NYPD databases and such to look through. But remember that the only reason Mac found out about Stella's mom is because he was looking for Professor P. Plus she's never actually mentioned in the article. So if she had been searching it was for the wrong person.

6. Plenilunio

^ Her trip to the States should have left a trail of paperwork: visas, passports... Claiming it's too well hidden could do the trick, but not quite. Stella is an orphan and at times she seemed desperate to know anything about her origins, so she would have done anything. Maybe they could suggest because that happened decades ago, all the data has been destroyed or it hasn't been digitalized and, thus, you need to be granted a special pass to check those files and Stella doesn't have one. Dunno how the system works, really. I'm just speculating and trying to find a valid or at least plausible explanation to the huge mess they created.

Also, what happened to "all she knows about Greece, she learnt from a book"? They trashed Stella's background. Again. I'm not putting the blame entirely on Melina because writing is not her job and because she was free to create what she thought best for her character. However, someone should have told her "whoa, stop! This is not possible because...". Instead, everyone thought "great idea, let's shoot it!". And they shot it, but they also blew it.

What next? Will we learn her dad was an astronaut-ninja-pirate who changed his name to Bonasera because he once crashed his spaceship into a cinema where "The Godfather" was on and he liked the name?

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hi Stellarinas! My scanner finally decided to work so now I can show you my drawing :)

I'll give a cookie to whoever can figure out what picture I used for my reference :)

Anyway, regarding Stella's past, there are some really big inconsistencies. It sucks a lot. I really hope they can find some way of fixing it :)

Talk to you all soon. Love ya.

Axel

8. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Axel!!! I tink you used dis one!!! can a have ma cookie :hugegrin::hugegrin:

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I'm sorry Fiery, but it wasn't that one. However, you may have a cookie anyway :) *gives cookie*

This is a really nice picture though. What episode is it from?

Axel

10. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

booooo :'( :'(
    But thatnks for the cookie!!!! About the episode I'm not sure. I will search for you! ;)

11. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

Maybe Summer in the city?

12. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Hey Galina!!! yes you are right. I was watching scenes of that epi just now!

13. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

Hey, Mary) How are you? I likу this ep - Stella is sunshine there, I like her summer style. And besause of some Stella/Sheldon scence

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Heya, dear Stellarinas :),

Mary, yes, you can call me Nut, if you like :D. I have the feeling that food-wise the Greek and Turkish are not too far apart, are they? Kebab and Gyros, Boeftek and Befteki, etc. ;).

My Lamb, take your time, you know, I´m very demanding, I want more than just 2 minutes from you :lol:

Dear Pleni, all through the seasons we learnt that logic and TPTB do not really fit together, well, at least not always when it comes to the vitae of the characters. I hope they´ve jotted down the latest details they created for Stella in S5 (and Melina, too, for that matter :D), so that we don´t get another new version in the future seasons. And also maybe they think that we don´t think about details and just swallow all they serve us. As a cop Stella could have tracked down her origins by herself long ago without needing Prof. P´s revelations. Her mother died in NY, and even if she was a Greek citizen and maybe was brought back and buried in Greece, it should have been reported and registered somewhere, because she wasn´t illegally in the USA.
    They could explain Stella´s hesitation to track down her past earlier with the fear of the outcome. I mean, all that Stella knew is that her parents died when she was little, that´s hard, but she could live with it, because she could imagine that her parents loved her as long as they lived. But maybe she was scared to find out that this wasn´t the truth, that her parents still lived then and gave her away for some reason. Then she would always think about the reason why they didn´t want her, that would be much harder to bear than the thought that she was an orphan, because her parents were dead.

:lol: don´t write such ideas about Stella´s Dad, TPTB might adopt it for their scripts :D. Either her Mum was married to an Italian guy, or the name is actually a fake creation by Prof. P..

Opps :alienblush:, I know "the Godfather" films, but I´m bad with names anyway, so I couldn´t remember that "Bonasera" was taken from there.

Love and hugs to you all :)

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Oh I can see my Stellarina Family is very chatty. Great. i wish i can be more often but this thing has not been formatted yet and those horrendous blue screens are tormeting me :D

Thanks my beloved NUT for your patience. You have it. I don't LOL This PC is getting on my nerves grrrr!

I think TPTB have already considered these ideas but maybe they sent them to the trash bag :D However i don't think it's unrealistic if Stella mou had that background. NYC has the biggest Italian community outside Italy (the second is in Brazil and the third is in Argentina) and Maffia DOES exist. Actually in Naples things weren't easy for inhabitants
    Possibilities are very rich to write her background following what our Melina wrote in GfD
    And i don't find mistakes in her past. This is what we know so far

1975--- Stella is born in Hellas
    1977--- Stella's mom and her baby went to NYC. Stella's mom died in some car accident. Stella is sent to St Francis (until 1.15 that was her place)
    1983--- Stella was already included in the foster care system. Her foster sister Mindy killed Garth and ran away. Stella is sent away from her foster home
    1986--- Stella was in St Basil. According to Stella, Professor P "saved her" so we can supposse he saved her from foster system. There she learnt Greek and she adopted the culture and maybe she was informed her mother was Greek or probably she already knew but she wasn't raise as Greek so far
    2009---she finds out the truth on her origin. Her father remains unknown

Until now i don't see any hole! :D And GfD only made me a stronger Smacked fan! :D

well, now i must leave. It's almost 3 am here

my love and i will try to be here tomorrow

Debb