Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

TPTB totally love to see us squirm....it their job; to make us squirm and want more!! :lol:

Everyone is blowing what ELR said totally out of proportion. What I got out of that was "the only other female on the show has a love interest so therefore Jesse is up for grabs to the other feamle on the show" That is how I read it.

If TPTB jump Cal from one to another who she barely knows and simply b/c of the crap with Eric...they are truly the worst writers in the world and pathetic. They will only be proving that they can't write a relationship and will be destroying a character (Calleigh) in the process.

But HIGHLY doubt they will do that. I have seen no indication of that and honestly I just can't see them doing it so they can simply have a ship on the show. Donahue said in the last issue of CSI magazine that E/C would always be the "flavor" of the show. Meaning it would be in the background so with Adam's departure they might just decide to keep E/C in the background for when Adam decides to guest appear and that will be that. When Grissom and Sara left, LV let the ship go with them. It would seem to forced to bring in another ship, of any kind, at this point. E/C was built up over years it was the ship that was meant for the show. They could decide in a year to build up another one but I don't see Cal being part of any ship that does come along.

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You are so right in that people are blowing what ELR said way out of proportion. She was not saying that Eddie Cibrian was brought in to have a relationship with Calleigh. Calleigh is just NOT the type of person to jump from one relationship to the next, ESPECIALLY with a co-worker. Look how long it took her to finally give into her feelings for Eric because they work together. Can anyone actually see her moving right along to Jessie Cardoza if her relationship with Eric doesn't work out?! Come on! I seriously doubt the writers would destroy the character of Calleigh that they have spent more than 7 years crafting. Puhleeze.

I can completely see them keeping Eric & Calleigh together when Adam leaves, giving them some fodder for when he makes guest appearances (which I completely think they'll do during sweeps months).

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yey, a new thread! I know I'm very late, but I was on a vacation and this is my first time that I opened this thread... Anyway, the spoilers... :(

I'll try to stay optimistic til the end. Calleigh and Eric belong together. If Adam wants to leave, that's his choice and we have to respect that, but I hope writers will do everything to keep him, because he's such an important part of the show. However, if he leaves, I want EC relationship to be good. If writers are smart, they will leave him the possibility of coming back, at least occasionally and keep EC together. That way, I would still watch the show, because I would hope that he will come back, and I would look for some EC moments (even if Adam is not around, they can have Calleigh talking to Eric on the phone or something like that). I still hope all of this is just a publicity trick and that everything will turn out to be good at the end, but I'm still worried. Have to stay positive, though...

To be honest, if all of this turns out to be bad for EC and writers don't do them justice, I'll stop watching.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

OPS wrong thread I am so sorry

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  5. delkolover

Spoilers for ep 805 are out in the spoiler thread....

This ep marks Eric's first day back and work. And from reading the spoilers I get the impression, idk this for a fact that it might be Adam's last ep. Just how some of the scenes are written and how they seem make me feel that way.

Things seem like they might still be strained between them but during the case Eric does call Cal to tell her he has lead she should follow...so that is something. Doesn't hold water in my tank b/c they are obviously being civil to work together.

There is a scene where Eric and H work the case and they have the evidence to confront the suspect and Eric hopped to do so but H tells him he is going to handle it on his own. Eric protests but H tells him it is his first day back and he should take it easy. Eric agrees and tells H to go get the bad guy.

Eric is in the locker room at his locker shoving some things into a backpack when Cal, who is on the other side of the row of lockers at her locker hears him and she calls out to him. Now the scene cuts off so I don't know anything other than her calling his name but the scene is described as "they are facing eachother, but a world away" WTF that means idk.

And here is where I think this is Eric's final ep:

We see a piece of paper flapping in the wind on a car windshield at and unknown location and then we see a hand grab it. We see that is it Eric and it is a note from H that says "I will always be here- H" Eric looks around but doesn't see anyone, "the words echoing all the way back to 1997," he smiles and gets into his truck (meanwhile back in The Deluca Motel he had a BMW sedan :confused: ). The scene is described as "Delko drives...knowing he will never be far from his family..."

So yeah...last ep? And if it is then I don't think the writers (granted idk what E/C was like up until this point or what happened in the locker room scene) have resolved E/C!!! :scream: If this is his departure ep and E/C is still on the rocks when he leaves then I am pissed off to no end but hopefull b/c it means that Adam might return and at THAT time E/C could be resolved.

It also makes me a little nervous b/c why, if they knew he was leaving wouldn't they resolve E/C unless they intend to bring him back for some other reason? Like Cal does get pregnant and the pregnancy brings Eric back to see her and she decides to leave with him when he leaves???? HMMMM. I think I might be panicking a little here with this theory but it does sound viable does it not? I mean they could be leaving it unresolved to bring him back later to resolve it but then wtf brings him back? Her almost dying again? :rolleyes:

Unless there is a huge chunk of info I am not seeing and to some extent E/C is resolved before this ep.....yeah right! :lol:

We have not had any official confirmation of Adam's departure...although it is pretty much a given from his tweets, ELR and to an extent even Emily. BUT we also do not have confirmation or news of a contract with the show for Emily. And considering she seems to want to have a baby very much, at 40, I don't know if I see Emily deciding to stay if she has a baby.

OMG this is sooo fricking frustrating and annoying and I HATE THIS!!! Wait 7 years for something, it finally happens and now :scream::scream::scream: I am not blaming Adam by any means....I blame the tptb and the crappy writers!

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

The are so stupid to do something like this to EC... If they decide to do it... I still kind of hope, that the scene in the locker room will be a good one for EC. Spoilers say that "Eric will never be far from his family", so maybe, just maybe, if we are lucky enough, they (Calleigh and Eric) will decide to fix their problems and will stay together... I know it's probably just a wishful thinking, but I don't want to give up on our couple. I think it's very stupid move to end EC, because it has so many fans, but writers aren't very smart if the let Adam go.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Very single time I read this and I am shaking my head in desbelief. Talented and wellpaid writers??? Experienced and caring producers????

I wonder, what this will do to ratings. The viewers that weren´t hiphuggers but tuned in for the kiss and the possiblities of that? How will they react? Hiphuggerclan?

Hmmm good thing this is just a tv-show and that are other shows out there;). I am certain Eddie is going to do fine and perhaps Eric will return for the finale 4 episodes. But he (apperantly) leaves without making peace with Calleigh.
    -"my ex - girlfriend has trust issues" and "they are face to face but a world apart

So this might be my final Miamiepisode. Not that the crimesolving is bad or the oneliners not fun. But this is beyond "firsttimeshowwritersstyle"

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright this is absolute crap! 7 years of build up for this!

I really hope that this is not his last episode and they don't leave the Eric & Calleigh relationship up in the air. Yes, they both have things to work on and yes it is going to take them both sometime to trust each other again, but Eric just walking out and leaving without saying a thing to anyone is absolute crap.

The 'shipper fans deserve much more than just a locker room scene and a whole hell of a lot more than a tense confrontation while in the locker room. They built up this whole thing for so long and then just take it away in a matter of episodes.

I don't want Eric to come back because Cal is injured and he realizes that he can't live without her, we already had that episode. They out of anyone else in the show deserve happiness because they have been through hell and back.

If Emily does intend to leave this season (which would absolutely break me in two) then give her a gracious exit. Give her & Eric the same happy ending that Grissom & Sara got on LV...don't sit here and give us some BS excuse about how she has to find herself because we know that she & Eric belong together.

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I have to say that I don't think that it's only EC fans that are gonna be upset.

I think everyone is, because they're bringing in new characters to replace Eric and possibly Calleigh. This is total crap, i mean bull to the sh*t!:scream:

BRING BACK COREY, BRING BACK COREY! Seriously we need him.:(

10. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Nicely put!

IMO, I think they will leave it up in the air to keep us watching, cos if it's set in stone that EC are not together anymore or they are together I think the writers are afriad that we will not be as enthusiastic about the show as we know the answer to the question.

I also agree with the comment about 'Calleigh getting injured and making Eric see the light'...thats OLD! and far too predictable. I also hope they don't use the technique of Calleigh having another admirer and Eric getting jealoused and feeling that he should confirm his position in her heart before this other guy gets her...that sounds like every other soap.:rolleyes:

If Emily leaves permenantly as well as Adam, I will be really really upset cos that will be 2 of my favourite characters gone from the show! the only thing that will actually keep me watching will be H's one liners.

I don't know, I keep doubting this information about Emily leaving. I think she would have said something by now...it may just be the fact that I don't want her to leave so I am refusing to believe this information.:(

The spoilers are sounding more and more confusing...one more month to go!! not far people! hang in there!

11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Another bad news, it's like never ending story and not in a good way unfortunately.:(

It's not surprising me that he leaves, I was sure that this is true for some time, especially after ELR interview, but I truly hoped they resolve the issues between E/C before he leaves for good.
    I completly don't understand why are they doing it to us. If they gave this relationship so much time then why they are going to end it in such a stupid way:scream:?
    As far as we know from the spoilers they even didn't talk properly to each other after his surgery. So what happened to their great love:confused:. I mean he said he can't imagine living his life whithout her, so don't make me believe suddenly he doesn't love her anymore. It'd be just stupid and totaly unbelievable.
    And I don't know why they can't continue their relationship off screen. It'd leave the possibility of E/C baby and if Emily too would like to leave Miami some day they could explain it easily, she'd go to Eric.
    You know all these things make me very sad and I'm not waiting for the new season this year. I don't know if I'll watch it after Adam's departure. After all E/C was the main reason I watched it, without Eric it won't be the same. Especially if they break them for good. :(

12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Completely agree with you! I'm really not looking forward to season 8! :( And, as much as I LOVE Calleigh
    I don't think I'll watch the show ( at least not regularly), if they don't resolve the E/C romance properly. Like a lot of people said earlier, we waited a loooooong time for these two to get together. It's bad enough that we have to make peace with Adam's departure, but please, don't make us go through an E/C breakup! If that happens, then the last 2 1/2 seasons don't make any sense at all!!!!:wtf:

13. delkolover

Oh yeah what a load of crap this is turning out to be....

With these writers "when the going gets tough, the writers bail out!" It is one thing to have them hit a rough patch....this is a frickin soap opera though....he can't imagine his life w/o her but both of them hit a skid and suddenly their love is at the bottom of the ocean with the Titanic? :rolleyes:

Fine, you wanted to begin the season that way? I could live with that b/c then you probably intended to get them back together, eventually this season. But now, you get thrown a curveball b/c half of the ship is leaving the show and instead of working with it and just moving the resolution to sooner rather than later, you seem to have decided (and we don;t know for sure that his is last ep and that something hasn't been resolved, yada yada...got say it) to let leave with the character and do nothing right now......jeez talk about being lazy and taking the "if it is not infront of you, you don't have to write anything for it" attitude :rolleyes::scream:

This WHOLE thing is a joke. From the fiasco with Rory, to hiring Eddie but saying he is not a replacement :rolleyes:, to the studio keeping its mouth shut about Adam.....CBS may want this show on the air til season 10 but how many people are going to be watching it?

the only hope i have for this is if he does come back....they will resolve E/C then. Cuz of he doesn't come back (and they are placing all their eggs in one basket that he will) then we are left hanging. Now as for a reason for him to return....one, I can think of right now, is that he suddenly remembers why he and Sharova were in the glades and it has something to with either Cal, the team or all of the above. The other reason, is Emily gets pregnant in real life and b/c it would be hard to hide, it is written in and he returns for her to leave with him....this would explain her "maturnity" leave on the show and off. The only thing then is, we have to hope that Emily doesn't decide to leave as well....that, if that scenario happens, she doesn't decide to not come back from maturnity leave! :lol:

BTW I have the contact mailing address for fans to send correpsondence to for this show.....if anyone wants it to send hate mail, I mean letters to someone associated with the show, pm me and I will be more than happy to pass it along.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well if Adams twit(?) are correct. He is just transfering to nightshift or whatever. After the IA investigation one is forced to leave due to companyrules or ANYTHING like that. Giving character probable cause to return "so and so" in this season and when new characters and other storylines take over the scene he can slowly drop out. Horatios note will then just be to let him whereever he is ......he is not far from rest mainly H.
    Last season high ratings as to the kiss will proberly cause show(writers and all) to include yet another lovestory later this year. Any character then Calleigh will do unless they by some stroke of genius let this ship couple resovle things off screen and have a wedding end this season. Ops could they really? :)

But I doubt seriously we are heading that way. I doubt they will commit one of their principal characters (Calleigh) to a offscreenlove (the missing Eric). There would be to many "good" storyline lost by that. Any stalkerstoryline where viewers don´t get some feelgood in the end. See "All In" rescue. I don´t think so....

AND by the way as a hiphugger: What is up with the lockerroomsscene. She calls out his name and they stand face to face but a world apart????? I AM SO P........WHAT????? is that how they(show) wants to "pay off" the loyal viewers of the show? Hiphuggerclan might be a small clan - who knows- But didn´t ratings tell the producers anything? Or are they hoping it was "some kissing on air" that brought in the viewers?

I think I have to get some therapy after that lockerroomscene. As Delkolover said: if that isn´t leaving us hanging ........He probably transfers to "save" her and she goes there to say XXX or don´t do it. He doesn´t answer and so forth. They stand a world apart. That point of view on this scene annoys me like:vulcan:. It is so soapopraish I could send 10.000 letters to Writers School all over the world begging they to try something else.

How do you feel about the lockerroomscene?

And I am SO angry that we don´t get an official statement by now and are left to Twits

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

In responce to Delkolover: in that case then when Calleigh's 100 she'll be remembering her love with Eric, lol! I think, no matter what will happen on CSI: Miami I'll still have to watch it til the end and this is why...

The end of episode 5 implies that Eric just walks away from Calleigh in the locker room. Along with what someone said (that he'll go to the night shift) I think that TPTB are holding off to see if Adam can come back in the future and Eric can suddenly appear in a later episode and he and Cal fall back in love. That's what I think.

Anyone agree?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.