Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally read it that way too...

I understood her to mean that since Eric and Cal have their thing going and the writers will probably resolve it before Adam leaves that the "new guy" is free. Free for someone to grab up....meaning Natalia. I never read that to be that the writers would simply get Jesse and Cal together b/c Adam is leaving and therefore the main ship was pretty much leaving with him.

I do think the writers, in the possible 10 eps that Adam is in, will resolve E/C and given that the chances of Adam being recurring throughout the season are high...it will be in a positive way. Reucrring means, as you said, a role like Yelina and for me that means E/C could stay together. If Adam and the show part of on good terms, I could see him coming back from time to time to repirse his role as both a CSI and a boyfriend ;)

Also, makes things easier should Emily get pregnant in real life and the writers decide to write it in. Because I can't see Emily, should she get pregnant, simply standing behind things, staying in the lab and/or only be seen from the chest up for months....if it isn't written in.

LV kept Sara and Grissom together even though she left the show so there is hope for us :D

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

About Adam's tweets, the way I understood:
    During season 8, Adam will have a recurring role for a total of 10 episodes only... Unless I totally misinterpreted everything I read :confused:. I actually prefer your version a lot better :lol:

3. delkolover

:lol:

Well I meant that he would be recurring for at least the first 10 eps for the season. Hwoever, there is nothing to say (unless he parts on very bad terms with the show but it doesn't seem that way since he sticking around for at the very least 10 eps) he wouldn't be willing to come back later if the story suited him. If anything were to happen with Emily and a pregnancy my hope would be that he would return for an ep or two to round it out. And even then I could see the decision by the writers to write the pregnancy in hinging on his decision to repirse his role. I think if he were to turn them down, then Emily would be standing behind a lot of desks for a while ;) Otherwise writing the pregnancy in w/o him returning to at least acknowledge it in some way would seem odd and out place. It just wouldn't make sense.

Of course this is all contingent on the writers resolving E/C before he leaves. And I really really hope they do. Obviously when they penned the first few eps of the season (and the first 4 were written well before the season started b/c Donahue said as much in the final issue of the CSI magazine. There can't be a beginning w/o an end and I have no doubt they wrote these eps out probably before last season ended so this E/C stuff was probably plotted out then) not realizing Adam would be departing but hopefully, even with his departure, the writers had intended all the long to resolve the tension with E/C by the time Nov sweeps came around. Obviously, now the story will be tweaked but hopefully the happy outcome will be the same. ;) This works out very nicely for the writers....even though Adam is leaving it gives them a nice dramatic storyline for sweeps time.

Hopefully they will give Adam the send off he and his character deserves and not simply make it this "wam bam thank you ma'am" type of moment. Something like this deserves proper attention w/in the ep. The inproper thing to do would be to write it as one of those type of stories where Eric doesn't let his decision to leave be known until like the last 15 minutes and then he simply walks off into the sunset. That would be a waste and cop out imo. No, I hope Eric lets Cal and the others know of his intention to leave early on in the ep and then throughout the ep we see the team invidually as well together reacting and dealing with the news. That would be the proper dramatic send off. It would show how everyone is affected by his decision while showing how he has touched everyone in a different way over the years. Even more fitting would be if the last scene before he leaves were between him and Cal but unfortunately, we all know the last scene will probably be between him and H :rolleyes: But I would hope that the writers would give E/C fans the closure and send off we deserve...especially since we waited so damn long for the writers to get them together in the first place!! :lol:

Even better would be if at the end of his second to last ep he lets it be known he is leaving and then his last ep is just everyone dealing the with news and him preparing to leave. Of course he works one last case that in some way parallels his own departure.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well Delkolover....you just
    wrote the perfect way to send Eric on his way.
    Please submit to Miamiwriters:lol:.

I am sort of frustrated that writers are able to write surprising and intriguing(?) crimestoryline and some times handle the personalstorylines so bad. As you know I wished for the longest time that they would handle this shipstoryline surprising and innovating but besides for them actually making this ship alive. They have not done anything not seen before.
    And in that aspect you all know they speeded up the proces (drama love drama) and focused wwwwayyyy to much on E/C last sesaon for a short term storyline and I am not putting on my hughipperglasses.
    This sesaon Adam is leaving and the storyline is starting in drama from day one. IMO It has be resolved and end happy or else the storyline of last sesaon will seem forced and leave Calleighcharacter in limbo. Let me add to worst case senario: Last few scenes; Eric: I am leaving Miami -----Calleigh: I am so sorry. Please forgive me(for shooting him) -----Eric: better it(we) ended before we got in to deep.
    Or shot of him leaving and her crying without knowing what they said. Leaving it up to the viewer whehter or not them make peace with eachother and him still leaving. Someone mention Dough and Carrie from ER as I don´t know: how did they end that?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  5. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

Okaiii so have not been on here in AGES well I am on here every week but havent posted in ages! Anywhoo!

I really hope that the writers give Eric & Cal their propper due for this season as they seem too have built it up quiet a long time for it too just fizzle out would be a DAMN shame! And if they do so I will burn them down! Ahhhh! But I am sure with the shooting at Eric and with his surgery and all that it will be a LONG road down to happycoupledom but I think that eventually they will be there. Especailly with the news of Adam departing from the show! (OMG SAY IT AINT SOO!) I think they will do something E/C related in for his departure from the team(OR I HOPE!)

As for Adam leaving it is almost as if confirmed with him leaving :( OMG Sooo sad once Grissom left LV I stopped watching that and have not seen a single eppiee since he left. And I REALLY dont wanna do that in this case but I dunno Rodriguez is one of my top 4 TV actors! And well if he aint on the show I dont see no point in watching! As EC was the only REAL reason I was watching it! And now with Eva's interview saying that it will be "Hard too say good-bye" That pretty much sums up the fact he IS leaving and well AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I am over CSI ALL OF THEM NOW! I GOTTA FIND A NEW SHOW! OMG going too be so hard to replace it!

<3

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I was just watching the M.J. Blige music video with footage from the movie "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" on the "Adam..." thread. Call me crazy :lol:, but I just can't watch him kiss another girl! I feel like he's cheating on Emily/Calleigh! Is this one of those things that should go in the "You know you watch too much CSIM when...." thread ? I think I need serious therapy:guffaw:!

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

So Eva has confirmed Adam will be on for some episodes but not all and from what she said, Adam will be leaving the show eventually. This news just depresses me, Adam, Emily and Jonathan are the reason I watch and now Adam will be leaving it will just be odd especilly since Eric and Calleigh just got together last season! I wonder what this will mean for Eric and Calleigh will they be like Grissom and Sara on CSI? I hope so, from the looks of it Eric won't be killed off so that's a good thing. I am trying to be positive, guess I'll just have to see the season out before I judge

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I'm really annoyed that all these reporters are now taking what Eva said out of context to stir up controversy. They are now saying that Jesse is moving in on Calleigh because Adam is leaving and there will be no more Eric and Calleigh. Stop! Pause!

I highly and doubt that TPTB would take it in that direction. Like a lot of people said here, Eva could've been referring to herself and we read it wrong? Or the reporter interpreted it wrong? What if Eric leaves the show but they keep them together on his exit? Maybe we can see her faking a convo with Eric so we can be assured? What if he comes back like J. Fox did on Vegas..A girl could hope..

9. delkolover

Thanks :lol: If I could submit it, I would. Part of me thinks it will be moot anyway. The writers of this show have always marched to the beat of their own drum....I don't see why this will be any different.

What pisses me off is NOT that they said Eddie wouldn't be a replacement for Adam...but that they actually thought we would buy that! Like we wouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together and read between the lines. :rolleyes: Do they think we are that stupid? Apparently! And it is that interpretation of the fans that pisses me off. For them to think that by them simply saying he wouldn't be a replacement and we would simpe buy it makes me feel like the writers think we take whatever they say as something that is set in stone. I haven't thought that way about these writers for a long time....partly b/c they have strung us along on so many different things related to this show....not just E/C.

So yeah, I hope they give E/C their due by the time Adam leaves but I can honestly see them pulling a Doug/Carol moment and leaving us wondering where the hell they stand in order to keep us watching the show. Because as long as Adam might be willing to return for an ep or 2 and E/C is left in limbo, then they know we will watch. I am personally tired of being strung along and treated like a child for a show that WE keep on the air! And something tells me, Adam might feel the same way and it could be one of the reasons he is leaving.

So I will gladly submit my idea....but I highly doubt they will think it worth a hill of beans!

Regardless of what the writers do....we will always have fanfiction and I encourage all you writers out there to continue writing E/C anyway you want b/c have no doubt I will be there to read it :D Our ship WILL live on no matter what!! :D

10. calleighfan1

calleighfan1 Victim

Oh my god. I hate CBS right now. WHY CAN'T IT BE APRIL FOOLS!!!!????? God!! I hate this. I love Adam!!! We need him on CSI: Miami!!! I mean like all the other shows have kept at least 3 of the original starting cast members!! Why does Miami have to be different???! Why can't New York or Vegas be different??! (not that I don't like them but Miami's the BEST! Seriously--- It has Adam and Emily!!!! Love them <3 ) I'm about to cry.... I'll come back later, when I've gotten myself together.... :((((
    Let me tell you guys one thing though: I DON'T WANT A NEW CSI!! I want DELKO!!!
    You know, CBS really needs to read these. And if they do-- the must be BLIND! We're not happy!!! :((((

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Okay I am not swaying off course so stay with me. But Delkolover (and the rest of you in here) as an American and an experienced fan you seems to known bit more then I do about how this works.

Are the individual storylines and development of metioned storylines at the mercy of the perticular episode writer? (you know from previous posts I thought they had a mainstoryboard for storylines and characters leaving plotwritting and such to episodewriter and director)

Which means if Krystal Houghton writes farvelepisode it will be a superE/C farvel and if another writers does the episode we get something different?

And as writers leave as Cory did: does the producer look for younger writers with less experience who sometimes will make more experinced fans go: - Hallo we have seen that before or that is so out of character for XXXX.

That would to some extent explain some of the rollercoasterstorylines going on. And might give us a farvelepisode with an overload of drama.

And adding Eddie as the replacement guy:lol: the producers must have know about Adam for some time. When do you think this went oh so wrong.

My take is: They couldn´t have know as they pushed the Kiss so hard. If they knew he was leaving and wanted the ship alive before he went. IMO they would have focused more on Calleigh and making the relationship the surprised feature of the last episodes. Perhaps the dinnerdate turned crimescene we debated back in the day;). AND all the backstageinterviews at the time showed a happy Adam and a Emily so.........
    But something must have been debated by the last episode. Why else was he the one in danger? (NB! I am aware that his father is the center in the episode, but they(writers and producers) could opted for hostagedeal with another character.
    As for any futher development I find it very very desturbing that they choose Calleigh to shoot him. Why her?(feel free to answer that one).
    Unless:
    1. they needed the break-up
    2. It could send Calleighcharacter in a downware(?) spiral.

But - you know - I am NOT!!!!!!!! for that type of twist this far into the show running and possible ending for both character as individual characters. I hope you get my drift. It is as if producers/writers have forgotten that some fans have been there all the way. AND as you (Delkolover) state: We (both old and new fans) keep the show alive.
    So I am back at: I belive the overhyping of the kiss will and should backfire as Adam is leaving the show.IMO.

12. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

so is it like 100% sure? I wouldn't mind if he was only in e few episodes as long as it meant he wasn't leaving or anything. I can't believe it.
    My worst fear becoming reality... ANd to be perfectly honest if it means he won't eve be back, I rather have him killed then just leaving because I don't even wanna see Calleigh with someone new...
    Let's just hope we can still turn the tide...

13. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Me too!!

oh and don't worry I know I havn't been in here much, but i'm still with Ya'll.... :)

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I think TPTB thinks that all this news and spoilers will surely mess with our heads so we think that something different will happen other than what is actually gonna come true in the new epis. So, that's kinda what I'm dwelling on so I won't freak out before time.
    Okay where did this thing about Cal getting with Jesse come from? That's stupid though, Cal wouldn't even e thinking of him in that way when she has her problems with Eric. My wish is for him to be switched to night shift or be fired and be a stay at home dad or something. Miami's full of surprizes so I hope they do surprize me with some good news by the end of this year.

15. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so there are now promo photos. ANDDDD, in the last photo, there is the whole group (i.e.-Calleigh, Horatio, Alexx, Frank, Ryan, Natalia) there for Eric at his bedside. Oh, and Calleigh is up closest to him...which makes me happy. AND Adam posted a twitter update a couple of hours ago saying he was flying into LAX to work on CSI: Miami. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.