Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I know right?!! When I read it...I had to re-read it to make sure that I read it correctly! :lol: Who knows if that will change by the time the ep airs, but it is funny!

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That toilet stuffing is making me laugh too.:guffaw:
    What do you think that says about us?

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

So Jesse has a pilot's license...WT?

I like the fact that Calleigh and Ryan are teasing him...but...nevermind...

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The toilet thing made me laugh too, but I didn't want to say that. :lol:

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

So Jesse has a pilot's license, huh? Wouldn't it be funny if Ryan was a race car driver and Calleigh is an astronaut! Oh my, the jibing would never end between the three of them.
    :lol:

At first I thought it was...but you know, it's not completely unrealistic that Jesse could have a pilot's license. I know a 19 year old who has one.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

:guffaw:

I already don't like this Jesse Cardoza dude. He's like... I dunno how to explain it. Just, too good. Plus if he is here to replace anyone, well, now I know how Speed fans felt. :p

So far the storylines and everything sound pretty good, but I'm not really liking the things we're hearing about characters for this season. :(

7. Wasabi Power

I think tptb introduced Jesse first so that fans won't feel like he's a replacement for anyone who may leave later on. He can't really replace someone who's still around. But then...Why'd they add him to the team? Hm. Potential plot hole there. :lol:
    Even if this doesn't work I still give tptb an A for effort...Or E for effort...:confused: :lol:

My main concern with the new guy is that he'll be, as you said, too good, and take up energy and focus that more senior characters should and could have.
    Or hey! TPTB could pull a Ryan Wolfe and give us all these great facts about Jesse and never use them again. (need I remind us all of Ryan's vanishing OCD act?)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yeaa, but we're not stupid. Even if he was there before someone left, then they leave, he was still obviously brought in for some reason. :p And even if that really wasn't the intention of bringing him in, it still feels that way. :( But I'm still hoping for the best.

I'm just hoping that he doesn't take away from Ryan. (Natalia too, but primarily Ryan since I'm a huge Ryan fan.) I am actually frightened about this. o_O

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I just hope they aren't trying to make Jesse out to be some Gary Lou, ..... or whatever the term is for a male Mary Sue. I like characters to have flaws, so I'm hoping that the reason for him appearing to be so "perfect" is just so later they can shock us with some of his dirty laundry (just a dirty sock or 2 though, not a full load). ;)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, hopefully Jesse won't be as much of a Gary Stu as he's sounding so far. :lol: But, it sounds like he has a nice rapport with Ry and Cal, so that's a plus. :)

:guffaw: MJ, I love your analogies. :lol:

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That has a "been there done that" vibe and not very original.

Only Ryan Wolfe would be a victim of a Ryan Wolfe:( Too much Jesse is one reason why I have such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. On a positive note it sounds as if Ryan might be getting a little more screen time. But where is Natalia and Frank for that matter?!:confused:

You know, that is one of my first reactions where I heard about EC coming on; just who is he replacing. You already have two characters under developed and under utilized (three if you count Frank) and you're bring in another character who isn't an ME?!:scream: Hmmm, made me think.

Again my biggest fear. I need to know what makes this guy tick.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Eh, you'd be surprised at the kinds of people who have pilot's licenses. It's an expensive hobby if you own a plane, but plenty of people have careers and fly for fun on the side. My driver's ed teacher back in high school was a federal firearms licensee, had a concealed weapons permit, motorcycle license, pilot's license, and license to teach pilot training. :lol:

13. Wasabi Power

I didn't imply that. I was just saying that it may have been part of tptb's game plan to introduce Jesse before someone leaves.
    Given, we all aren't even 100% sure anyone's leaving. ;)

---

On that note.
    I encourage everyone here to try their best to like Jesse. If he is replacing someone, then wouldn't it do better to enjoy the 'replacement' instead of not?
    I think we all still have yet to give this new character a real chance.
    Just my opinion. :)

14. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

thanks delkolover!

these people come up with things from left field, gotta tell ya!

Idk, the same way I had to adjust to Ryan, Natalia, Jake (sorry, not a fan), Julia, Tara, and every new person that came along, I'm going to have to adjust the same with Jesse. They all had to grow on me. You only get one chance to impress me. If you don't, well...you know the answer.

15. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

thank you delkolover!!

hmm...still no mention of Eric...they might just be leaving it out completely to make us wonder.

ya, i agree with you. although i may give him a few evil glares when he first appears but I guess he might eventually grow on me just like Ryan and Nat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.