Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Re: Eric and Calleigh #37

Actually, I think it all started with Adam's twitter messages. Then came Emily's interview. Finally it escalated with all the magazine articles.

2. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

We also don't know what they asked her, do we? I only watched it once and am feeling too lazy to find it again, lol, but if I remember correctly it was a really short (and probably edited) clip of her saying that. I had to wonder if E! got wind of the Adam thing and asked her about it, because I don't think she'd just say that out of the blue. Or maybe they asked about her relationship because of the way the season ended, and she took it to mean the contract stuff with Adam. The laughter was definitely puzzling. I took it to be nervous laughter; I don't know!

I am trying to stay positive here. Even if he did only renew for like nine episodes, couldn't he conceivably end up signing on for the rest of the season? Things can still be worked out... *crosses fingers* I'm definitely worried, but I'm not freaking out yet because I'm waiting to hear something official and concrete. Because so far it seems like one or two media sources got on this "Adam's leaving" tangent and used Emily's interview to back it up...or completely used her interview to start the whole thing. I have no idea. The whole thing just seems really sketch so far and I feel like we haven't had any real news about it.

3. sonrisa

sonrisa Victim

I personally think we won´t get a official statement at least until the premiere airs, because they want that people watch the show and find out by watching if Eric is going to die or not.

Most of the people are not reading spoilers or even don´t know there are spoilers. So the speculations will go on until then. Just my opinion

Except we get one more confusing interview! Can´t still get over the way Emily talks about it; I think she isn´t normally someone to talk bad über something or someone. The more I think about it - the more I am getting confused. I should really stop thinking about it - but it´s so difficult not to.

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

To me, it seems like time is flying, the premiere is nearer and nearer and soon all our questions'll be answered...o who am i kiddin? I wanna know now too!

Does anyone have a link to her interview? I wanna watch it.

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

6. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey all, a few things...

First, I added a title to the thread. It's now Eric and Calleigh: Against All Odds.

Second, please remember to post three lines of discussion pertaining to Eric and Calleigh. It's easy to get carried away with all the spoilers rolling in, but we ask that you keep it on topic please.

Also, all discussion of future episodes (that includes speculation, pictures, etc.. ) must be in spoiler boxes.

Thank you :D

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Oops, my bad, I thought I was replying in the Emily/Calleigh thread, not the shipper one. That's what I get for having multiple tabs open at once. :p

If Adam really is leaving, I wonder how they'll have Calleigh react to it. What on earth is going to happen to their relationship? If the spoilers from the third episode are correct, and Eric and Calleigh haven't talked about anything, and are possibly broken up, will they get back together before Adam leaves? There are just too many unanswered questions. I wish we knew what was going on. I hope contract issues are ironed out ASAP so CBS can make some kind of statement already!

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

CSI Files is confirming what Emily said about Adam. He'll only be back for a limited amount of time which could be storyline related as Adam seems happy with the show and made no indication he was leaving. I guess I shouldn't be that sad that Adam won't be on much, at least he'll be on for some time in Season 8 which means some good scenes between Eric and Calleigh. I agree with other posters, I don't see Calleigh getting involved with someone else it isn't like her to do so

10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Um I'm kinda speechless right now but I have to say firstly thanks for the video and no I didn't read the comments (saved myself from heart attack), Emily just lightens my day even though the news is/seems to be bad, but she always has her smile, by the way I REALLY think she wants a baby this year, and i'm leavin it at that.

Secondly, someone said earlier that 'since when did the spoiler thread turn into an EC bashing thread?' That is so true, I wonder why? It's funny cuz I remember, before I found this lovely thread, I used say things like 'o i cant wait for EC...' and blah blah and then one or two of them come and say 'i hate when you do that, go to some other thread' and now it's like, not like they are hypocrites for going on there and basically putting their hate for EC on the board, which they already have two thread for!:scream: And you tell me how that is fair?

A mod needs to talk to them about that, I know the spoilers revolve around EC but they don't have to gloat and go rambling about them like that. It down right disgusting....
    and you what I have a feeling that EC will survive, it may take until next year but so let it be, because TPTB dont build up something so great, amazing and so sophisticated as the EC relationship to throw it away like that.
    That's all I have to say, peace out.

11. xcupcakefreakkx

xcupcakefreakkx Dead on Arrival

Oh your right C.H.E.A.R. Emily always has a smile on her face, I really hope she gets a baby this year. She wants one!

Don't you just hate that? That's why I never go in there but then again a hater's job is to hate so let them go for it nah? All I know is that some people were mad as hell cuz they had to s*ck it when we got E/C! Woot woot! [Still are]

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I think the mods should say something as I thought they allow the dislike tread for that same reason. Why else allow a disliketread?

I have now come to terms that one of them might be leaving and Adam seems the best bet. Also adding the episode where he calls Nat to tjeck on Calleigh nice way to keep character online but not actor. So now I have decided that he may leave;) but he should/must leave as Callieghs boyfriend. ( or husband:)) I have decided that it will be the only solution to this news. Hmmm mayby I should go to spoilertread and promote this idea:guffaw:

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I wish I could say that I am ok with Adam leaving but I would be lying. I have been so upset about this it isn't even funny. Until we have official work from Adam and/or CBS, I will remain in denial.

IF, and only IF, Adam does end up leaving I would love for it to be because he & Calleigh are serious about their relationship. He once said that he would transfer to the night shift for her and IF he does leave then make this the reason for leaving. Don't make it some BS reason like he can't stand to look at her and work with her at the same time because she doesn't trust him.

Calleigh and Eric love each other very much. They have been through hell and back..they out of anyone else on the show deserve all of the happiness that they can get. For someone (Eric's dad) or something (the damn universe) to come between them is absolutely insane.

I do hope that this is all just a horrible joke or a nasty rumor. Eric & Calleigh belong together, they have fought to hard for this relationship. Give them a chance.

14. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

This is how I think it all started....I'll put in spoiler boxes in case

Every time there is a cliff hanger that involves a character being injured or missing, the press will jump on it and question "is he or she coming back?" They did it with Adam a couple of years ago from when his character got shot the first time but it seemed to me that was quickly dissolved because it was in the middle(?) of the season, not the beginning. And last season, we were wondering if H was gonna be back and I believe we ended up finding out he was gonna be ok (I really wish that was his blood by the way. I want to see if super H bleeds and what color it is, lol)from the spoilers and Anne (creator) said that he will be back and that was that. Now here we are wondering, yet again, if Adam/Eric will be back. and if so, for how long? Earlier we were told not to worry, and that Adam will be back.(correct me if im wrong, I could be :)) Then it seems the media, as usual, decided to add more worry to us fans by asking the same question and twisting around every little detail they can. Then we find out Adam has twitter! and thats where the drama begins, and now this interview from Emily. For all we know, Emily could be talking about her self or something else that were just not putting together. I know Adams tweets is what put us over the edge. I know that if we didnt know anything about his damn twitter, we would have been ok, or somewhat ok, because what the media knows is what we know as well. To my knowledge, the media has not said one thing about Adams tweets, which makes me believe that they are only going off what they know from the finale and the spoilers of the first couple of episodes for this coming season as well as their "sources close to Adam". I still think there is a posibility that Adam, or now, Emily may leave early this season or at the end. There is a possibility that Adam does want to pursue movies or other projects and will go part time on the show to do so. I still have hope because we really dont know the extint of this story and if you think about it, this happen every time. But this time we have social networking that helps fire these stories up and gets us all emotional :lol:

Sorry for this being so long. I was in a meeting today, on my day off by the way, and all of this was in my head. I really dont remember what the meeting was about today. Something to do with Geek Squad (work for Best Buy). Anyways, sorry for the spelling too :)

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I agree with you Monica, though I'd like to I'll never be ok with his departure if it turns out to be true. Calleigh and Eric are meant to be together forever for me. So when one of them leaves it'll never be the same. Even thinking about it makes me really sad.:(
    So if he really leaves I'd like to know that they are still together. It's not the same, but it's better to know that they are a couple even if we won't be able to see it then to know they have broken up for good. And this leaves a possibility of Eric's return in the future. Not to mention about the possibility of E/C baby. If Emily'd get pregnant Calleigh also could, because even if Eric wouldn't be present in the show we'd know they are together off the screen, so it's natural they could have a baby one day. Especially that they truly love each other.
    I'd do antyhing to make him stay, but as we say in my country as you don't have what you like then you like what you have.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.