Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^From the TvGuide:

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

God, Emily was laughing so hard that I couldn't figure out what she was saying at the end LOL.

Anyway, as far as I understood, she just told that their relationship is gonna be jeopardized...and I won't believe anything she's saying till I can see it with my eyes. That's the conclusion I've come to considering all the interivews I've heard and watched ;)

The possibility of Adama leaving? Let's not deny that his posts on his tweeter page scared me more than once and it was kind of impossible not having the feeling that he might leave the show. Still, I wouldn't start crying....yet.

As for my opinion about his possible departure...well all I have to say that I was kinda wishing for him or Emily to leave the show so that they could end a storyline I've never enjoyed, but this doesn't mean that I won't miss him....b/c he was part of the cast. Still if he's leaving the show, he's leaving it for a good reason...don't care what it is, I just know it's a good one and I'd be happy for him to reach his personal goals.

As for the contracts...well I'm still having the feeling that also Emily is gonna leave the show. But I really don't get two things:
    1) why is she going back to work even before deciding what to do with her contract? She already shot two episodes w/o knowing what to do? :wtf:
    2) the whole "contract negotiations" she was laughing at....I wouldn't laugh about my contract.

IDK, these things really left me :wtf:. Probaly this is another reason why I don't believe Adam is gonna leave the show. I mean probably he's actually leaving it, but if I were Emily, I wouldn't have said it in this way LOL

EDIT:

Well....I've just read the article daquien posted.
    Let's say that I'm not that sad, still it's shocking :eek:

I never thought it was gonna actually happen.

3. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

The tvguidemagazine article seemed to be a compilation of new and old news.

I'm not sure where we stand on the Rory cameo for the season premier, but tgm seems to think it still might or might not happen.

Tgm also seems to think, for some reason,that we think Eric will die..?
    So it's obvious that (unless Eric's life is put in jeapordy AGAIN at some point past the premier) this article seems to be written off the notion that we don't know anything about the season beyond the premier.

Some people seem to think that this discredits the bit about Adam leaving, but I'm not sure about that. Adam's contract situation may be a done deal, regardless of when tgm or anyone else got the info- we simply don't know for 100% certain. If that's the case, I find it hard to believe it's due to budget cuts. Would they really get rid of one of the main cast for budget cuts? Yikes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Obviously the article doesn't know as much as we know about exactly what is coming and how the premiere is resolved. Unless they are putting out false spoilers, Eric doesn't die. :lol:

I don't think his leaving is solely about budget cuts. But think about it; if Adam wanted more money...which I think he is entitled to, and the budget constraints kept them from doing that and an agreement between the parties couldn't be reached......then I could see his leaving being b/c of budget cuts.

I think I said this in another thread; Hiring Eddie C (and no offense to him) was probably cheaper in some way than working things out with Adam, who was probably due or at least asking for a raise. I think this has been a long time coming b/c they went out got someone else for the show. It is not like he sprung it on them and they are scrambling to find someone new. In the middle of contract talks they go and hire a new actor and in the same breath of announcing him on the show, say Adam will still be around. They already flubbed with adding Speed to an ep before Rory agreed to come back, so I don't think its entirely out of the realm of possibility .....I think it is exactly what Emily said it was....bad contract negotiations.

If Adam wants to leave and explore more avenues.....I totally respect that and wish him all the luck.

Am I sad, yes. But hey this sh*t happens!

Oh I got my tv guide mag yesterday in the mail and in they break down what the stars of the popular tv shows make per ep!

Charlie Sheen makes $875,000 an ep :eek: (take into account he owns rights to the show too). It makes him the highest paid Comedy actor and actor in general on TV

Keifer Sutherland leads Drama show actors with $550,000 per ep

Marg H makes $400,000

Caruso makes $375,000

Fishbourne makes $325,000 (I think, it could be closer to what Caruso makes I can't remember off the top of my head.)

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This is the part where I do the big 'ol :wtf: -- not because of what is said, but who is saying it. The question wasn't even specifically about Adam, she was asked about the upcoming season when she said her romance was in jeopardy & that "we may have had poor contract negotiations" *add giggle on EP's part* -- she said "we".....was she referring to Adam, her & Adam both, or the romance itself? I just don't understand why she would comment on Adam's contract like that when it hasn't even been confirmed, if she really were referring to Adam's contract.

As for the other comments from these supposed "close cources", I really don't know what to make of it. Yes, it sounds like something fishy is going on, but in some parts of these comments it sounds like they're just toying with readers/viewers who aren't aware of whether or not Eric will live or die in the premiere. All of it also seems to stem from this one comment that Emily made (again the question was not even about Adam's fate) -- I just don't get it, & I hate being jerked around when it comes to this kind of stuff -- they need to just confirm it one way or the other, & from Adam, CBS, or TPTB, not anyone else.

7. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I don't think show die after his leaving, we talking about Delko, not Horatio. For me as non-Eric fan show become better with his leaving and i'm exciting about fresh blood in the show. It's all in tptb hands, if they write good storylines and show new interesting characters show is survive!

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I sort of agree but I'm worried this new guy is going to get more screentime than Jonathan or Eva which I don't like at all.

9. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

This worry me too! But i think tptb have brains... lets hope they have... so new character shouldn't be more then old characters. I remember that Ryan had almost the same screentime as others, i mean when he start in season 3.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

My first thought when I heard the interview was that Emily was speaking of the romance itself,that really popped into my mind first.I figured the romance wasn't going to play out the way she wanted.I knew nothing(and still don't) of the state of Adam's or Emily's contract.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh yeah. That's that thing that Kirk from Gilmore Girls (forgot his real name) does the commercials for. :lol:

Kyle wasn't in every ep, so I don't see how that would help the budget. He wasn't even in half the eps last season. I hope he's not gone. I really liked the big-brother to little brother type of interaction between him and Ryan. Plus, if they have budget issues, how were they able to afford Eddie? :lol:

12. delkolover

What is funny to me in all of this is how the media outlets are unsure if Eric will make it out of the first ep alive!

Buddy TV actually insinuated he might be a ghost!! :guffaw:

How sad is it that we probably know more than they do!!

I think it is safe to say that he won't be a regular cast member this season....the question is, exactly how many eps will he appear in?

The shows producers made it a point to say that he would be and Eddie wouldn't be a replacement but c'mon do we actually think they wouldn't lie to us....especially if they weren't sure a the time what the outcome would be? No it is easier to say he will be back and then if he leaves to say "things couldn't be worked out." I mean these are the same writers/producers who added a dead character to the script and assumed the actor would come back before they even had his decision.

Hell, this could all be hype but given history with other shows and actors....I don't think so.

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Yeah they are unsure about this and worked all of us into a frenzy. Adam himself said that Delko survives, but for how long (which made me mad, but hey thats just me)

Like I said in Adam's thread, I will take him as a recurring character as opposed to nothing at all. I would hate to think of Miami without him or any of the characters I have grown accustomed too.

I agree with FFF, don't let the new guy have more screentime that Ryan, Frank or Natalia, the deserve some time too.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

This part made me chuchkle LOL. Too bad, unfortunately, that's what they actually did and they're supposed to be smart :p......I mean they're the ones who should write some great storylines, possibly smart ones....and look at what they did! :rolleyes:

Let's put it in this way, all we know is that Delko presumably survives and might leave the lab, or Miami, later.

As for Eddie's addition, I do think that at the beginning TPTB really thought he wasn't going to replace Adam, but it really looks like things didn't work out and Eddie ended up being Adam's replacement

LOL also at the statement from Buddy TV :guffaw:

15. delkolover

Given that he made the comment....I am kind of wondering if negotiations are still going on. If they are still trying to work it out in some way. I just can't get passed them adding Eddie as some sort of sign...a bad one at that. I think it has already been decided that he will be recurring this season and I said before it is just a matter of how many eps he will actually be in?

End all be all is, we are going to have to wait til someone from CBS says something or Adam himself.

I just hope this doesn't turn into Dallas. Ya know an actor left that show, they killed him off, and then he decided he wanted to return to the show the next season and they made the entire season he was gone someone's dream. The woman woke up and found him alive in the shower and it turned out all the events of the previous season were her dream!! It was such a cheap cop out and yet, at the same time, pretty frickin brilliant.

Given he is in a coma in the premiere and it is a flashback.....if he leaves this season and decides he wants back....there is their loophole :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.