Will Rodriguez Return For Season Eight?

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 6, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<I>CSI: Miami</I> star <font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font> (Eric Delko) may not return for season eight in a full-time capacity.<p>Delko and Calleigh Duquesne (<font color=yellow>Emily Procter</font>) began a romantic relationship during the seventh season of <I>Miami</I>. "I think my romance is in jeopardy," Procter told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.eonline.com/">E! Online</a> when asked where the relationship was heading during the upcoming season. "I think we were in some poor contract negotiations."<p>A source was asked whether Rodriguez would return. "He'll be back for a limited engagement," the source said, "but we're not exactly sure in what form Delko will appear." CBS has not made an official statement.<p>"It's going to be an interesting year," Procter said of season eight. "There are a lot of people back. A lot of people who are back and maybe not permanently. And we're all looking younger." The comment about looking younger refers to the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/170709_02.shtml">flashback</a> that will happen in the season premiere. When filming the flashback, Procter said, "I spent a lot of time going like this, 'Do I look younger in this scene if I clap?' and 'Whee! We solved it! Do I look really young?' In terms of a season opener, this is my favorite. There's some drama."<p>The original information is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b137832_csi_miami_bombshell_emily_procter_talks.html">Watch With Kristin</a>.<center></center>

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wonder if this is why they had him missing and in peril at the end of season seven? And maybe why they're bringing in Eddie Cibrian, for that matter...

I hope everything gets worked out. I'd hate for the show to lose another original cast member over contract negotiations.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I am so upset about this.What is happening to CSI shows? First Grissom,Warrick,Angell and now Eric.:scream: This better be a mistake.

4. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

The loss of Adam because of contract negotiations?! No way, we don't need deja vu as in the S3 premier. Losing Rory was bad enough.

My God: Grissom, Warrick, Riley, Speed, Alexx, Aiden, Angell, and now Eric? What's happening to the Franchise everyone once knew and loved...?:( This is just damn sad.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It really makes no sense to have him leave for good being that they didn't kill him off. Since he didn't die (according to spoilers, he's in ep 3), then I can't see this as him not being there. I think he'll just be away for awhile, the character recovering and may not appear in some eps... but maybe he'll be back in full later on in the season.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I really, really hope that this will be cleared up soon. I can't see losing another original character. I miss Speed & Alexx as it is. Please don't take Eric away from us too. Do something PTB

7. GregNickRyanFan

I really can't see them not pulling out all the stops to keep Adam on the show. So, if he does end up leaving, then I'm thinking it'll be 100% HIS decision.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

What would "all the stops " include? What if it's too much and TPTB think it's not worth it.Perhaps TPTB think "all the stops" is impossible.Adam has several movies due out.Perhaps it all just got to be too much for him.He had to be working extra hard to pull all of it off. Perhaps it's just what he wants.I will say even though his leaving isn't 100% confirmed,I didn't see it coming.

9. GregNickRyanFan

all the stops = whatever it takes to keep him on

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I saw something coming but I didn't think it would be Adam. I really thought Emily would exit first just because of her character's drama & EP's wishes to be a Mom this coming year. As much as I could see character departure in Eric, I personally thought there was so much more they could do with him (sorry, but with Calleigh I can't) & I actually thought they could've taken his recent drama to re-build the character & make him strong again. Not that he was a weakling, but his lap-dog style was not my cup of tea.
    Why do I get the feeling that the entire CSI franchise will be hurting big time here soon. :rolleyes:

I like the theory, I honestly do, & until I get some confirmation from CBS, Adam, or TPTB then I'm just going to sit here in denial & go with this theory. Feel free to slap me back into reality cause I'm sure it will come :p

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

See, I'm getting that feeling too. Almost every single spoiler or news piece that has come out has given me this weird feeling. I just... don't care. I've gotten to a point where I just can't bring myself to care what they're doing to this franchise anymore. And it's sad because I used to really, really like this franchise. I'll probably still end up watching the new episodes to keep an eye on my remaining characters-I-care-about, but CSI really isn't can't-miss TV for me anymore, and the more news that comes out, the more I feel that way.

I hope they don't get rid of Eric though... he was never my favorite character but I can't really see how they'll handle it.

12. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

While I don't want Eric to leave the show, it just wouldn't be Miami without him, I wouldn't mind if he had less screentime. Only because this might mean Ryan would actually get some GOOD focus for once in a capacity that didn't make him look like the bad guy or an idiot.

It might also mean no more so called "romance" because I'm sorry, I know Emily likes the whole "love story" arc, but I'm just not buying what they're selling. Truthfully Eric and Calleigh had more chemistry BEFORE they were together, now they're just boring.

So again, I don't want Eric gone, but I wouldn't mind if some of the focus was taken off him and Calleigh and put on Ryan and Maybe Boa who I have actually come to like. (I couldn't stand her when she first came on)

13. GregNickRyanFan

That same thing happened with Danny and Lindsay on NY. I liked them better before they actually hooked up. :lol: Now I'm just neutral. :lol:

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I kind of wondered about the addition of Cibrian. It felt like it was coming out of left field! If Adam is leaving or might not be back full time, that makes things a little clearer. But still... I hope that's not the case. It would be a shame to lose him!

15. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

I'm goin to have to comment later. This news came out of left field and I'm speechless :(