Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Re: Eric and Calleigh #37

Breath Monica...

I keep reading them over and over again because I keep hoping that its not true. (Yes, I am a glutton for punishment) I really do hope that this isn't going to end this way. I really do hope that we get to see them working it out. They have fought way too hard for this relationship. They love each other, it is written all over their faces.

I want to see Calleigh affected by this. We all know that Eric wears his heart on his sleeve. It is obvious that Calleigh loves Eric, she wouldn't have allowed him into her place if she didn't. She trusts him but the trust has been strained, not broken.
    They belong together...no one will love her as much as he does.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

As much as it pains me to read it and think about it...I know that it is necessary. I highly doubt they will get them back together by the end of this particular ep....but I think they wil resolve it quickly. Even many non E/C fans have said they can't see the writers dragging this type of drama out for very long. I very much agree with them.

IMO they dragged the "will they/won't they" crap out too long...got them together and then this....No, I think there is a chunk of info we are missing and this is their "test." You spend 2 years getting a couple together only to break them up after like 6 eps? No writer in their right mind does that. Even if they realized that getting the 2 of them was wrong...I don't think they would do a quick turn around like this even then. Because they didn't give them much of a chance to even grow...I think this situation will help them grow in some way. It will deepen the storyline and make it more meatier. Before it was what we had all been waiting for for years...now they have to actually build a story. We know they are meant for each other; I think the writers are going to give us a glimpse into why.

Wasabi Power made a good point in the spoiler thread saying that the ship could be used to give other characters good moments and even play into the rest of the show on a lighter level. Which I think is true. But in order for that to happen...we have to have the drama or test first so that E/C's story is told and then it can sit smoothly within show w/o being in the forefront.

It needs to be in forefront now so that it can get established....once it is established it can simply "be" ;)

I really just hope they do it quickly b/c I do have to say that I agree with many people, in general, in their hopes that this isn't dragged out. There is no need to drag it out for more than like 5 or 6 eps. They obviously don't want to resolve it too quickly but at the same time they can't drag it out too long. In my mind, 5 or 6 eps seems like a good balance as a time frame to resolve this. If it is past that, then November sweeps is when it has to happen....even though the ship is popular with certain fans, you can't keep going around in circles forever.

There is drama and then there is overkill!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  3. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

*tries not to freak out* ok i'm cool delkolover waht you said in the second paragraph has calmed me, I will be calm, I will be happy, and I will be hopefull... I will also watch every single episode with a pint of Ben & Jerry's just in case ;)

4. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Really? I didn't know the spoiler thread was now named Bash on Eric and Calliegh?

This is heartbreaking but I have faith they will pull through.
    Therefore I will pop in to say this..

Honestly I believe that all the cast of characters deserve screen time and should definitely have story lines devoted to them, but please, it is not necessary to totally cancel out the E/C relationship off the show. This is new and really they haven't over killed the audience with every episode full of E/C moments. Of you look at the ratings, when E/C finally got together, the numbers skyrocketed! Its been a few scenes here and there, so the fact that a simple discussion has become a continuous display of negativity and disapproving comments is beyond me. Maybe a hate thread should be started to keep it rolling. Spoilers are spoilers and the entire show is not focused on this relationship alone, but on FORENSICS and CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!

There are a whole 25 episodes this season, and I'm sure they will devote time and effort to make sure fair screen time is given.

I really am not bothered by anyone from that thread who comes to read this b/c let's be real. You don't like the ship, fine-your opinion, but the point of that thread is to discuss the episode in its entirety, not to bash ships.

Again, everyone deserves screen time, but to totally rid of a relationship ”just because you don't like it" is really a little too much to stomach. They can have their relationship, Nat and Ryan could hook up, hell Horatio can have Yelina as a main squeeze, but IMO, CSI Miami is so much bigger than just one relationship.

Said my peace and again my opinion

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I know exactly what you mean :wtf:! There's a "dislike" thread to voice those opinions isn't there? Personally, the minute I realized that there's no rhyme or reason to the rantings of these people ( one in particular), I stopped letting them get to me. I just roll my eyes and skip over their comments, since I know exactly what they'll say.
    Now about EC and their screentime, I have to say that, like many many many others, I only started watching CSIM regularly and religiously when these two started gravitating towards each other. With all due respect to the other characters' fans, I REALLY DON'T CARE if there's a screentime imbalance ( and, IMO there isn't one). I just want lots and lots of GOOD EC moments! Also, let's not forget that Emily is the LEADING actress of the show, therefore, her character SHOULD get more screentime, just like the leading actor David's character does.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  6. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I am staying positive with our couple. I can't imagine Eric calling Cal is former girlfriend, is it possible that he calls her that to throw Stetler off so that he will leave them alone?

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am sorry -gals - I don´t feel so mature as you gals. Would actually like to set things straight be saying something in the spoilertread but .....

Well if we look at storylines from a writers point of view. If Emilly Procter gets pregant in real life, they will need a way out.
    If she(Call) is heartbroken over Eric. She might start drinking and that could send character in rehab when actress needs to have maternity leave. If EP is pregant by season end. They could stop the drinking by a Horatiointervention.

But as we/you allready stated:
    1. WAYYYY to much drama for this type of show imo.
    2. To the writers: We have seen that before; be creative please:scream:
    3. A short term characterchange(be that the lovestory or drikning) will have an effect the viewers opion of Calleighcharacter? Do you(writers) really want people to pity her? (NOOOOOOO:scream:)

The straight forward answer to former girlfriend.
    Yes; she will be at his bedside, but he will realize that she didn´t trust him and he will let her go. -WE/I cann´t be together with someone who doesn´t trust me." Bla-bla -bla.

For me the question is:
    Will the remaining feellings(him calling Nat) give sufficient validation for a reunion?

Let us speculate:

1. Ratings went skyehigh as you stated.
    2. Characterdevelopment for both characters:

A Calleigh whom:
    a. plays it tuff and heartless. I don´t feel a thing?????NOPE
    b. is crying and wimping and need comforting all the time. I am so sorry I didn´t trust him.NOPE
    c. a Calliegh who reacts as nothing has happened in the last couple of episodes?????(Hallo earth is calling the writers of CSI MIAMI.)

A Eric Delko who as far back as "All in" has had feelings for Calliegh:
    1.reacts as nothing has happened in the last couple of episodes? See the above.
    2. plays it tuff and heartless towards any character on the show. Does the fans of Delko really want that type of Delko? (Was´n´t the operation in his head:lol:)
    3. A Delko who leaves town because there is nothing to keep him there except heartake?
    VirGodess1923.
    Minus a few statement I think that we SHOULD:))) take this to the spoilertread(I willn´t do it if you say no) as well as the haters have their moments we should have ours because they need to consider more then just EDenbabies:lol:. Any break -ups or ship on show does have an effect on show as a whole.:)

8. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I have to say that your words calmed me a bit. I guess you're right Delkolover. I was just disappointed, so I had to complain a little, but don't worry I won't join to the dislike thread to bash around E/C:lol:.
    I really don't care about those people's opinion, if they don't like E/C this is their problem, not mine. :rolleyes:
    As long as Eric and Calleigh will be together and very happy I'm ok with everything. :p
    I don't even want to think they could be apart more then few episodes. So please tptb don't do this unless you want me to have a heart attack, but I warn that I can sue you for that:lol:.

9. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

ajbuckly - you can if you like, and I notice a lot of people are doing so today, so anything positive for E/C is good.

Now...brace yourselves before you read this article....

Should I cry now or later? The fate of Delko....

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ter_talks.html

This explains his tweets :(

I'm so sad for Eric and Calliegh with all this bad news...I hope we make the best of it for now and get over this little bump in the road

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

OMG! I think a little piece of me just died.

WHAT THE HELL! :scream: They spent all this time working this relationship up and then its gone, just like that. I love Adam with everything in my heart and I wish him the best but part of me wishes that they had speed up their relationship now.

I don't want Delko to go away like someone who never exsisted just for someone else to come in and pick up the pieces of Calleigh's broken heart. Eric & Calleigh are meant for each other. No one else will compare. I hope that he is back in some capacity and they don't do something stupid like killing him off. Make him work the night shift, make him be on suspension or medical leave, but please, please do not completely write him off the show and please let Calleigh deal with these emotions. No one has even come close to Calleigh as Eric has. They need to work through this bump and move on together...

11. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Wow.

Adam Rodriguez leaving CSI: Miami possibly? You see? This is why the writer's should've put E/C together sooner. This is just stupid. If they break up and then he leaves the show, that will make me very upset. :( Furthermore, if they kill Adam off, I'll be even more upset. I just hope Adam decides to stay for the entire season. That would be nice. :) But, you never know...:brickwall:

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

OMG!!! I am so upset!!! I think now I will have to stop watching for sure!!!

How can he leave the show??? No more E/C? No more Eric? The show will go in the toilet if he's gone. Crazy, crazy crazy!!

13. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

NOOOO!!! I think I want to cry! WOW!!! It all makes sense now, what he said in his twitter messages:
    "The beginning of the end..."
    "1 down, 9 more to go..."
    So I guess we had every reason to panick when we first heard these comments!
    I can't believe CBS hasn't finalized his contract yet!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  14. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

yea, I guess his messages on Twitter do make sense now. I just hate that E/C just started, and now it could be ending forever? that's just not right! we all waited so long to see them together...7 seasons! And now, they got together, and he could be leaving indefinately? i just hope that there is some kind of big, creative story line if he does leave. man, this is so sad. :( E/C jsut started, and we all had these big plans for them, and now, it's over? if this happens, i may have to stop watching. so this is why eddie came on the show?

15. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I am staying positive, it may not be true at all, so lets wait till Adam himslef says somthing...

*breath...*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.