Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Ohhh new cast photos? Sweet. They are in dire need of updating.

2. Speedle03

Speedle03 Dead on Arrival

What i know is Eddie is said to be joining cast,The episode will start as a flashback to '97 and Alexx will be in it and maybe speed

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It's horribly sad. :( But at this point I will take whatever options I have to see Ryan, Natalia and Frank get some decent time. Is it fair they might have to do it using the new guy? HELL NO! But if that is what it takes, then I'll suck it up and live with it just to see them get some screen time.

4. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

This is how I see the screentime issue. If the writers want every character to have decent screen time the first thing they need to do is destroy the e/c crap since it is the main reason why Natalia and Frank have fallen off the face of the earth and why Ryan and Horatio are so limited.

Next they are really going to have to stop showing Calleigh in every other scene, she's been there since season 1 we know what she looks like and who she is we don't need to be reminded every five seconds. An even better suggestion would be to let the woman have a day off and not show her at all, think we can live with one Calleigh free episode, and for all that is godd can the writers please stop painting her as miss perfect! It is possible for her to be wrong! She is human...isn't she?

Lets show Frank, Ryan and Natalia working on a case together these three characters play off of each other wonderfully. I would love to see a scene where Ryan and Frank are picking at each other and Natalia has to get them to shut up because she's getting a head ache. It would not only show something different but it would provide a moment of comic relief from all the drama.

Speaking of drama give Natalia some drama for chrit's sake, she's earned it!! She's been forgiven for the mole iincident, and her ex-husband is dead, now she's becoming a lab rat when she has earned the right to go out into the field. Lets she her out there finding evidence, possibly drawing her gun and maybe having to use it. This charcter in terms of growth and screentime has had the least of anybody on the show and is past time that she gets some.

Now what ever happened to the bumbling duo (i say this in the most loving way possible) of Frank and Ryan? I miss seeing Frank look like he's about to knock Ryan out. These two despite picking on each other work very nicely together. The same can also be said of Frank and Eric. What happened to the scarcastic remarks and jokes?

Speak on Eric I don't mind seeing him, but can the writers please stop making him look like a lap dog! I miss the confident, sexy Delko. This new version makes me sick and is hard to watch on screen. Let the confidence, suave, and charisma come back. Eric used to be very debonaire, but now....he's just ugh.

Moving on to Ryan I think it's high time that he be shown in a positive light especially after WISC. There is some much about Ryan that can be expanded on all he needs is the storyline and the screen time.

As for the new guy they are going to really have to limit him. If he gets more screen time than Frank, Ryan or Natalia their is going to be an issue. They already gave Tara a storyline before Natalia, lets not make the same mistake twice shall we.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat let me say this one last thing:

I'M NOT TRYING TO RUFFLE FEATHERS OR START A RIOT OF GET SHIPPY, ALL OF THE ABOVE STATMENTS ARE JUST MY OPINION!!

5. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

hey I love Ryan just as much as the next gal, (he's #2 on my CSI:Miami men list:) ), i'm just wierd, I like my Eric, and I don't like new people, look at CSI:LV, almost every episode is about Dr. Langston, and I mean I don't mind the guy, but come on, I hope this new guy isn't put in the show like that, always there, everywhere, all the time...

and the only reason why i'mm upset about Eric not being in the episode if at all, is becouse I don't want them pushing him to the side, that would suck...

but it could just be my paranoia, nothing else, and all my fears will cool once the new season starts :)

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am going to be optimistic about the situation. Although there is a worry that the new guy could take screen time away from those that really need it, it could work out well. The bar scene sounds good, and if they work on that kind of format and have team moments, and more than 2 people in a scene at a time then the screentime may balance out. I agree with what was said earlier- if they focus less on E/C they will have time to give more time to the other team members, plus the new guy!
    BTW- Do we know yet if he is just a cop or whether he is coming in as a csi? (I think him being just a cop would be so much better)

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I don't want to get shippery either, but would you please stop calling anything crap? It's offensive to people who like it. Wouldn't you be offended if someone called Natalia a crappy character? It's just not polite and I think we can at least try to be that much. And by the way, Horatio limited? Yeah right, we must be watching a different show... I agree that there is a problem with screen time but it has nothing to do with EC and everything to do with writers.

8. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Yes Horatio limited. This past season was the first season I could honestly say that I felt a loss of Horatio. The screen time issue has to do with both e/c and the writers. Which is why I said what I said. The writers have put e/c in the forefront of the show above anything else including the crimes.

This is also why said Horatio is limited. There was so much more they could have done with Horatio this past season especially wth Kyle and Ron Saris, however ths isn't possible if the writers are busy shoving e/c down our throats every two seconds. IMO the faster the writers end e/c the faster the show can get back to Crime Scene Investigations and out of the "rabbit hole" and everyone can have equal screen time plus the new guy.

Not really actually. I've had conversations with a friend about the show and she hates Natalia, and I have read where some people think Natalia she die or be fired. I may not agree with these opinions but that's what they are. It's a personal opinion and everyone has a right to it.;)

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I agree with ya. We need to get away from the character blame game....the only ones to blame about the abundance of screen time or lack of screentime for certain characters, of which Horatio Caine is sooo NOT one of them, are the writers.

Enough with the "crap" stuff and simply placing the blame on something that only a person with actual control of the show has control over!!

Those of you who dislike E/C or the embodiment of it have a thread to voice those opinons in....I just ask you do it in there so that the rest of us (shippers or not) can discuss what is supposed to be discussed in this thread; spoilers. Calling E/C "crap" or voicing your simple dislike for the ship in here has nothing to do with episode spoilers.

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

It's

It's completely different to say 'I hate something/I dislike it/I don't think it should be that way..." and "It's crap". I just ask people to make a difference. I don't like a lot of story lines (including the Horatio's son story), but I'm not disrespectful towards the ones who like it. I can voice my opinion without offending anyone.

Now, please, let's get back to spoilers.

11. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Let's try not to say 'crap,' but let's also not try to be too easily offended, please.

I've said my word on the E/C romance, so I won't even butt in. This is a public forum, one might find it more fun to do what I do and express their opinions more openly in a personal blog. Try it some time! ^_^

:thumbsup:

I actually have some faith in tptb introducing a new character this season. But as always, I have other expectations for this season that I'm not sure will be met.

Will we ever get continuity from WISC? Who's going to be the new M.E? etc.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm sorry to say that Speedle will not be in it. The actor turned them down. :(

Yes, yes, yes! I love Ryan and Frank's playful banter. It would be funny if they were arguing about different sports teams they liked and Natalia told them to shut up. :lol:

13. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Ok my basic point in even bringing them up in the fisrt place was not to place the blame on the characters, but to simply say that because the writers have spent so much time writing for them that the exploration of other characters was ignored and so was the screen time of the other characters. If you notice I did say that "the WRITERS have put e/c in the forefront". I wasn't refering to the characters, but to the storyline that the writers have put so much time into. As I said IMO if the writers were to stop with e/c they could focus on exploring the other characters more and bringing them out to their full potential. That was and is my point!! Take it how you will but that is how I feel and my opinion! I have said my peace!

Now as for the spoilers:
    Wasabi I agree wth you on the expectations, but I try to keep some hope just in case tptb manage to surprise me. I am weary of the new character especially with this bar scene that they are planning. I think that my biggest issue with this particular scene is that Ryan had to force his way in but yet the new guy is welcomed with opened arms in light of the fact that Delko is out of the lab.

I guess it has to do with the circumstances in which both characters have entered the team, but I'm just not sure. I've never heard of Eddie Cibrain until now so I'm not sure what to expect from him. I guess I just have to wait until the episode airs to see weather or not I like this new guy.

I highly doubt that we will ever get continuity from WISC unless a case with Bobby involved comes along again, or just a case where a child s in danger and the case should so happen to be Ryan's case, but that would openly leave out the Russian Mob beat down Ryan got but it could be mentioned if the scene or episode were finangled and tweaked enough.

It's a good question about the M.E. maybe this new guy, though he is introduced as a CSI, could very well have some sort of medical degree or a degree in Forensic Pathology and could turn out to be our new M.E.

Oh god that would be a real hoot especially if it were about football!:guffaw: Poor Natalia I would feel so bad for her.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Thank you, CalleighEric, because I feel the same way. I love all the Calleigh and Eric stuff, but I crave Frank stuff. Can I go on he record right now as saying tht I love Frank Tripp? He's so very real and funny that I can't get enought of him. He's sweet and adoreable and funny. Male pattern baldness aside, he's not bad looking, either. And, no mater the siuation, the Southern Gentleman dominates. It just sometimes results in funny. I love Frank.

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I'm pretty okay with the lack of Horatio storylines becausee I find them tedious and boring. Hello, I disliked "Dead Woman Walking" in the first season. It bored me to tears. I do not, however, think that the writers are "shoving:"the E/C storyline down our throats. I think that the writing staff have convieniently forgotten balance in the writing. We can still have Horatio and E/C in the same episode and have Ryan, Natalia and Frank, but the writers need to work for it and come up with more clevber storylines. Did I ever forget to mention that I especially love Frank?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.