Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

welcome xcupcakefreakx to our corner of the 'ship thread.

I like Against all Odds too...I think it seems to fit their current situation. :thumbsup:

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ann Donahue came out last season and said they had been planning it for a while and are all for it.

I think the indecisivness stems from this being new territory for the writers of this show. They have obviously never written anything like this before...it definately shows at moments. But the fact that they are trying, imo is a good sign. All television couples go through these things...I don't think them deciding to throw a wrench in things shows that they aren't 100% behind it. I personally think it shows they want to keep it innovative and interesting. Look we are drawing attention to it simply by talking about it and debating it....which is what any show wants.

The will they or won't they aspect....it happens in every show. It is exactly how they build on the tension and angst for a couple.

If the writers have decided that E/C is not what they thought it would be...they are morons b/c they invested 2 seasons into making it happen and barely gave it time to get comfortable. It would show that they are willing to abandon something simply b/c it is either out of their writing comfort zone or just too much work. Again something I don't feel is the case. The writers of this show have rarely shyed away from a challenge....in fact at times I feel like they often make more work for themselves than they need to!! Even though they might be out of their element with writing E/C, it does seem as though they are trying.

I think we are all just soo happy that our fav couple is finally together that we don't to see anything that threatens it...and when something does, even if it is minor, we panic. While the writers seem to be pissing me off, I am not totally in 'panic mode' just yet. I am gonna visually see how the first few eps of the season play out before I hit the "panic" button. I say visually b/c reading the spoilers and seeing on the tv are too totally different interpretations.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

Well said delkolover.My ideal situation for E/C is absolutely no angst. I definely think that the relationship will continue .Even we we hear the worst , something never changes and is that they both care A LOT about the other.If that changes and they start acting indiferent towards each other,we are in trouble.I just think they want bigger ratings and unfortunely E/C is a major draw.I care about other characters (like Ryan )but I just feel that the writers have not done much for their development and If a premiere is based on one of them,I will probably not watch much or even care to post.

In respect to titles,I really like "Against all odds".Hiphugger17 and others said it all about why.

4. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey guys! Here's an interview just posted to our Adam Yahoo group. Its an interview with Emily from way back in season 7 and she talks about the E/C romance, etc. Don't know if this was posted here way back when, but wanted to share it. Reading these interviews make me feel good about being a E/C shipper and look forward to the positive things coming in their relationship for Season 8. Let's stay positive, shippers!! :thumbsup:

Here it is: Interview

Did we choose a thread name yet??

LOVE 'Against All Odds' btw :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. CalleighIris

CalleighIris Dead on Arrival

OMG OMG OMG !!!!
    in dutch there is an article what says:
    The end is coming of CSI:Miami
    The show is maybe good in Europa, In america it's a big fault the makers have decideto make a end at the show. The actors know about it. Emily Procter who plays Calleigh Duquesne on the show it's normal that the audience varies. That is a natural procesThe people are curious about what's new and then they get bored and go search for something new. the audience gets maybe enough police series. or maybe bored of CSI. Everything is possible. at least it´s not stopping that the show is gonna end. and that moment is coming.
    source: http://www.starnews.be/nl/nieuws/14895/Het-einde-nadert-voor-CSI-Miami/
    I'm NOT GONNA LET THIS HAPPEN WHO IS WITH ME (I THINK EVERYBODY!!):scream::scream::scream::scream:
    somethings are wrong i tried to do my best with translate

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Maybe a reporter hadn't understood Emily properly... She said that in that Monte Carlo interview, but she didn't say that the show is gonna end.

As for the next thread title, I like "Against All Odds", too. However, we should have as many choices possible so that the voting would be more fun.

7. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

I'm not ready to freak out or at all. Isn't Star News a Dutch tabloid? Until Its confimed on this site or by CBS I refuse to belive this!!!!!!! The whole article seems like a jumbled miss even though its in Dutch

8. CalleighIris

CalleighIris Dead on Arrival

It's btw belgian dutch version.
    so don't blame the dutch people

9. delkolover

Yeah idk how much stock I put in this....

Like you said Emily said something similar in the Monte Carlo interview and it seems to have been taken out of context b/c reading what she said and what is sort implied in the article is that people's tastes change and she understands that b/c of that viewers leave long standing shows and go and watch something else. It is natural for viewers to do that.

I think CBS would be highly stupid to cancel or let this show end when it is one of the networks biggest draws. It dominates, not just wins, Monday nights....the entire franchise is a huge go getter for the network. And I think if any of the shows w/in the franchise were going to come to an end at this point it would be LV. From the very beginning I remember hearing that the plan was to do 10 seasons b/c Bruckheimer felt that is the perfect "life" for a tv show. Granted you translated the article the best you could, I still find it an "odd" read and feel a lot was taken out of context.

If this was going to be the last season of Miami, they would have announced it already. But lets be clear, I don't think it is.....and won't until CBS itself makes the announcement.

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

For me it's rather hard to belive it really is the last season of Miami. I'm sure if it was true we'd know something about it already. I don't believe they would be able to keep such a big thing in secret.
    Though I understand that they may think about such things. You know it's already 8 season, so some viewers may be tired and maybe leave the show, but there's still a lot of people which really love Miami. I guess we are the best example, discussing every little detail about Eric and Calleigh;). And look at csi lv, it's already 10 season and so many their main characters left, but they still have a large audience, so for now I'm not worried about it. I think it'd be a stupid if they ended the show after this season. I'd be truly disappointed.
    I want to see happy Calleigh and Eric with cute baby before it all goes to an end. And I don't think one season would be enough to do it properly:).
    In my opinion this show still has the potential to attract viewers for some time and I hope they will use it.
    And I don't think they would mess with E/C in the very beginning if it was the last season, because knowing how they like to extand things I guess there wouldn't be enough time to end their story in a proper way. Especially considering Emily's words about the possibility of E/C having a baby.:confused:

11. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I don't think it is the last season, like you said we would have heard about it, so i'm not worried, but if it is...

spin off! of Eric and Calleigh, and there baby, and Uncle Ryan... and it's a comedy.... I'm kidding...sort of...

and I love the enterview with Emily, she's so lucky, i bet he is going to give her his puppy, there such good friends, and him without glasses, funny, he's a silly boy :)

12. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I don't believe this is the last season there are to many things that still have to happen .. like Eric and Calleigh babies ! ;) I think they will make it as long as LV if not longer and like delkolover said if any CSI is to end it would be LV (sorry:confused:)

Love the interview Adam and Emily just seem to get on so well I wonder if Emily got the little puppy in the end .. Adam is so funny driving the hummer and can't even see where he is going...:lol:

13. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hey can someone list all of the ideas for titles and PM them to me so I'll have them all in one place? It's getting about that time to prepare the poll...

THANKS!!;)

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

About the article...
    I remember that she answered that when a reporter asked her what she thought about ratings going down. It was never said or implied by Emily that the show was coming to an end now.

I had read the interview with the story about the puppy and had forgotten she said that. That was so cute and funny. And the story about Adam driving and not seeing very well cracked me up :lol:.

15. delkolover

I agree that this would not be a secret that would be "well kept." The viewership is still there, the popularity is still there and CBS IS the number one watched network in part b/c of this show.

Now that said, I am totally not trying to "feed" into this seemingly twisted around interview with Emily but you can't ignore some things sometimes especially when they seem as odd as Adam's twitter page posts as of late when he talks about the show:

And he posted this one on the 27th:

And this one today....

Now I thought that he was referring to his vacation ending, his character's life status at the beginning of the premiere and the whole "clock" thing could have to do with the writers turning back the clock to 1997 and it very well could be.... but if I were a conspiracy theorist.......one could interpret those tweets as him talking about what the Belguim article refers to.

I honestly don't think it is true but it does show how things can easily be taken out of context (ie the Belgium aritcle and what Emily said) and then misinterpretated or twisted to mean something else. Especially when people panic....it is interesting though, don't ya think?

Still, until CBS or someone of higher authority says it is true, I am NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT!

Take it all together and it definately makes you go "hmmm"

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.