Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

You're not alone. It already bugs me that Natalia, Ryan, and Tripp don't get enough air time (most of the time), and now they are adding someone else to the mix. I think it will be very difficult to get everyone air time. Now we have Horatio, Eric, Calleigh, Ryan, Natalia, Tripp, now Jesse and they need a new M.E. I don't know how they're going to make it work...but I hope the writers can do it! :shifty:

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's so weird that there hasn't been any mention of a new ME. We have no idea how that area will work next season. They don't need it for the premier b/c they are doing the flashback and Alexx appears as the ME, nor they need it in the second episode b/c it's a hostage situation and as far as I've understood no one dies. So are they buying time?

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

haha, I just got the funny image of them all shirtless (well that part is :drool: worthy) singing a song kind of like the "We're Men In Tights" song from the Robin Hood: Men In Tights, only it would be something about being without their shirts. :lol:

I like Eddie a lot, but I too worry about what this will mean for the rest of the characters.

I've been wondering that about all three CSI shows lately and a few other shows as well. :lol:

It sounds that way to me. Maybe they're buying time to see if they can get Khandi to agree. Don't want to make the same mistake twice (writing an ep before the person agrees to do it). :lol:

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are not the only one that thinks adding another character is a bad idea.There was a problem with stories and airtime before, another character won't improve that.I just hope the show doesn't do what CSI did this past season and focus too much on the new character.
    I'm interested to see what will be the outcome as far as a M.E.Will another character eventually be added ?

5. menasolar

menasolar Victim

Yeah, I did, I like having the vid free profile. I'm going to upload the Extreme ways back at some point. But I have a really fun angst video in the works and I'll upload it when season 8 starts, I think I need more clips.

Cheers for asking tough!

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I think I have already read this particular somewhere, IDK why, but I really had the feeling we were gonna see him shirtless :drool:.
    Anyway thanks for the confirmation vegaslights! :D

As much as I can enjoy Horatio, I agree with you 100% on this LOL

Well I'm still thinking the same way you do about this matter 'cause you're absolutely right. I mean they're already having troubles with some of their characters and they're gonna add Cibrian?? :wtf: Not to mention that we still don't know who's gonna be the new M.E. I can't believe that we're not gonna have an M.E. on the show....or did Miami citizens give up killing eachothers for the most reasons? As much as I can love it eww it's not normal.

But Cibrian's first episode doesn't sound bad, at all. I mean it is cool how he gets involved in all that mess during his first day. I always love the idea of the newbie getting in troubles during his first day :lol:. So I think I'm going to give him a little bit of credit LOL.

All I'm worried about, at the moment, is whether they'll go on with his character or not. As much as I love his entrance, I do wish they're gonna write something (more) for Natalia and also Ryan ;)

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Thanks, that's great! I REALLY liked the E/C trailer one! :thumbsup: I don't know how many times I've watched it!!! I'm sure the new one will be just as good.

8. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I dunno, I kinda like the idea of having a new face on the team. I'll be it, I know there is a need for airtime and good lines for already existing characters, but I figured the new addition could help with that. One more character for other characters to interact with. Or maybe Jesse and Ryan will be buds since the relationship between him and Eric always seems to hit those snags. I don't know, it feels fresh to me...But I understand everyone's concern, as it is my concern as well.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with you, Wasabi Power. I'm hoping that this new character provides someone for Ryan, Natalia, Frank and Horatio to interact with - especially Ryan, Natalia and Frank. If they are going to give the new guy screen time, maybe those three can ride on his coat-tails and get some of the screen time they deserve. ;)

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh noo ...visions of Jesse & Natalia in kini's running slow motion on the beach, Nat's boobs slapping her in the face while Eric & Ryan run in front of them ripping thier shirts off & pushing them into the sand so they can get to the victim first. :lol: All I can do is laugh at this right now - I really don't know what to think, I just hope they figure out the screentime issue.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's sad that the only way these characters may get screen time is to ride on a new characters coat tails.There is just something wrong with that. Ryan ,Frank and Natalia deserve more than to ride the new guy's coat tails.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Amen to that!

I mean how bad does that look on the part of the writers, if that is the case? That instead of simply writing a story for an existing character, you have to create a new one inorder to give existing characters something to do? WTF? How would you feel if you were the actor? If that is indeed the case...which it really looks like it is.

The pit in my stomach about this upcoming season is continuing to grow. It might all work out but from a spectator pov, as of right now, it doesn't seem like it will. As of right now, it just looks like a big cluster f*ck.

Hey do you guys think that now that they have added another character we will get new cast photos? I mean when was the last time they did those?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh god, thank you so much for this image which will stick in my mind for a long time, hon. :guffaw:

Thank you for this :thumbsup: You couldn't have expressed my thought in a better way.

For god's sake they're writers, they're supposed to perfectly know how to handle their characters. Surely it's not that difficult to handle two people like Ryan and Natalia, probably the only two normal people left in Miami :lol:!

Gosh I so miss a cast photo. We haven't had any of them till s5!!! I can't believe it. Many things changed in these last two years...it's impossible they didn't take any cast photo!

Wonder whether something going on behind the scenes that we don't know :p

14. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I'm with you Delkolover on everything! I'm starting to not even want to see the upcoming season. Of course I will watch it but I just don't see how it will all pan out well. They don't allow positive story lines, such as E/C, to fully develop and be happy for any length of time but conflict they drag on and on and now adding another character, when the ones there already don't get enough time as it is and this whole flashback scenario, all the holes in the eps......I checked out Adam's twitter page the other day and he said he was "On set and that the 1st episode was going to be great" so hopefully it is....who knows.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I understand what you mean about the pit in your stomach.I probably sound pessimistic,but I really don't have a good feeling about things.
    Because I'm not in the greatest mood today, I'm going to say we won't get new photo's. We haven't had any photo's for several seasons.I believe we had new cast/promo pics up until season 5. To me it seems almost seems like a why bother attitude.
    Hopefully,that will mean it's great for all of the cast and characters,not just 2 or 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.